• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

New York City Recreation

Entries in this City Journal

cool_snake

Lower manhattan done

Hey everyone. i havent had much time to work on the city today so the update aint going to be that big. though i finish the lower manhattan area.

Here are some pics for you.

nycb.jpg

nyct.jpg

citylowermanhattan.jpg

citylowermanhattant.jpg

Hope you like it. Lower east side hasnt been as accurate as i wanted it to be but i can live with that.

new zone "Midtown Manhattan" comming soon.

cool_snake

Work in progress

Its been a long night and a long moning for me. havent slept at all because im so excited about this cj.

I really wanner get some result.

Ive done proberly 70% of the roading in lower manhattan now here are the pictures.

nyco.jpg

nyctf.jpg

citylowermanhattanu.jpg

citylowermanhattantj.jpg

So this is my work for today. better get some sleep now tonight.

I'll continiue tomorrow

cool_snake

First look

I spend a few hours trying to get the bitmap and the grey scale to fit as i wanted it. Here are the results.

Also i started roading and putting in a few landmarks. I still havent decided wether i want the old wtc or the new one. I really like the old wtc as it brings the whole lower manhattan to harmony. But it would be nice to get your opinion on it.

nycu.png

nyct.png

nycb.png

citylowermanhattan.png

I tried to be as acurate with everything as possible

Plan is to fill up Manhattan by the end of the week so stay tuned.

cool_snake

Just to start with

About 5 Years ago i started my NYC recreation.

In about 2 month i had finished all roading in and lanscape cutting for most of (and here it goes)

Jersey City, Brooklyn, Queens, Bronx, JFK airport, Laguardia airport, North New York, Newark airport and ofc whole of manhattan island (this one including buildings and everything).

I was quite impressed by my own achievement and i posted most of it here on the site. Sadly my pc crashed one day and i didnt have any kind of back up file. But not to worry my friends. I WILL finish what i started.

My inspiration to restart this was from the amazing Edmonton recreation (My deepest respect for the amazing person who made that). And also from other CJ's i found of NYC. Eventhough that NYC is possibly the most recreated city on simtropolis there hasnt been too many that i found impressive. Hopefully you will be impressed by mine

Little bit about me. My name is Nick. Im 21 years old. I live on my own in Copenhagen, Denmark. My interests are music (guitar playing), Im a former elite acrobatic gymnast. I play Wow. I have the shittiest laptop in the world. I finished college may 2010. And my girlfriend lives just across the road.

Best regards Nick

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0