• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A new European french-inspired CJ.

Entries in this City Journal

hermannleicht

Hey all :)

To inaugurate the new CJ section, I thought I could upload some random picture of my city's work in progress areas. Basically the main city and the region planning is done, but now the greatest work of all remains: building everything until the last detail!! All those blank spaces are the most difficult part of the city as to make them look realistic, but I'm trying.

I'm starting with a Region view of the whole thing. Mind all the blanks and odd things, cos it's still a work in progress:

vista1l.jpg

vista1connombres.jpg

I'm also creating some small villages surrounding the main city, this one for example is called Saint-Michel-de-Nôtre-Dame (you can find it in the region view)

pueblo1n.jpg

pueblo2.jpg

Lac du Chatenod is an artificial lake the result of the construction of the Barrage du Chatenod, or Chatenod Dam, in 1958. The lake's water is usted for irrigation and also for the cooling system of the nuclear power plant of the region. Close to the dam, you can see the Autoroute 14 bridge, and around the lake, the country club.

puente1r.jpg

presa1.jpg

presa2.jpg

And, as an ending, a random river view from near Saint-Pierre-de-Curtil

rio1l.jpg

hermannleicht

Universit

Wow, it's been a long time since I last updated... but I keep working on this city, and as always, the edges and countryside is the most difficult part of it all!

But today I've decided to show you all the university.

The Marc Bloch University (Université Marc Bloch, UMB) was established in 1907 as the Université Supérieure de Château-de-Chêne, but its name was changed in 1986 to honor the French historian Marc Bloch, who died during WW2.

plannonum.jpg

uni1u.jpg

uni2d.jpg

uni3t.jpg

hermannleicht

Just a little up North of Câteau-de-Chêne the terrain starts to go steadily steeper until reaching the first ranges of the French Alps. That isolated region was home during the middle ages to numerous abbeys that have now disappeared almost completely, except the Abbey of Notre Dame de Valbonne. The church is in ruins, but the cloisters and main buildings were put up and an inn was opened.

This is the location of the Abbey. This is my first region-view picture, so you can see my progress so far, and also all the things that I've yet left to do, so please, be kind! :) I'm working on the edges and creating a mosaic region-view more detailed. So, stay tuned!

004qc.jpg

001bei.jpg

003jm.jpg

002bfn.jpg

hermannleicht

Downtown

Hi there. I've been playing less lately, hence the delay in updates. The thing is that I'm building and terraforming as I go, so I have no plan, so I can't yet show a wider view, but I'm working on a mosaic that I'll show soon.

As for now, some random pictures of downtown Château-de-Chêne.

The city had a glorious medieval past, but it wasn't till mid 19th century when it developed properly and gained its modern shape. The main activity of the region is winemaking, and in the past 20 years several high tech industries have also appeared. (I'll elaborate more about the history on further entries, since it's partially based on an actual city.)

This plaza (Place de la Colonne) is considered the core of the new city (as opposed to the old city). It is the link between the five main boulevards. On top, Bd du Maréchal Pétain, and clockwise, Bd du 8 Mai 1945, Bd  Jean-Jacques Rousseau, Bd Charles de Gaulle and Bd de Grenoble. During the 90s, Bd. Charles de Gaulle was pedestrianized, and now there's a series of tunnels and parkings underneath.

003nqa.jpg

005xmu.jpg

009rwz.jpg

008wh.jpg

004ih.jpg

010vbv.jpg

006ic.jpg

013qnm.jpg

012cz.jpg

hermannleicht

Surroundings

I've been developing the surrounding area of the main city, which I'm going to keep a secret as for now. But I'm uploading some pictures of the rural-suburban area near the river. Hope you like them!

83241582.jpg

11523849.jpg

85566823.jpg

93893729.jpg

58910536.jpg

31170652.jpg