• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Entries in this City Journal

Arnold001

BannerMetNweVlag_3.jpg

Welcome to Emerald City Islands,

Here a quick explanation about the things I’ve done to my city to make it how it is today.

Forming the Islands

The last ugly square looking islands are replaced by nice more natural looking islands whit forest close to the shorelines to protect and give health. What I also did to the shorelines is smoothing the shores and raising the land behind it and reinforced the walls whit stone/concrete walls so when a big wave or tsunami strikes the people of Emerald City Island are well protected.

Satelietkaart3.jpg

Streets and crossings

Changed the way of constructing streets. I tried to make a minimal amount of crossings by curving the streets. And I left out the slopes for roads by smoothing height differences.

05.jpg

Tunneling

Made some custom parks to fill in the gaps of the tunnel walls and some parks that have the same texture as my sidewalks. Making tunnels is one of the most time consuming thins in Emerald City Islands. As you can see I bring my highway, railroad and monorail down in tunnels so that they are less polluting and don’t take in as many space as they would when they are on the ground. Tunneling is also a good way to connect the many Islands of Emerald City. And because of the tunnels between the Islands the ferries in Emerald City Island do not have to pass any obstacles so this way they can go faster and hove shorter routs.

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

09.jpg

08.jpg

07.jpg

06.jpg

04.jpg

03.jpg

02.jpg

Arnold001

BannerMetNweVlag_3.jpg

Hi you all.

The long picture I posted yesterday was just a test from me of how I could post a large picture.

Now my week 14 journal including the replies.

@ panthersimcity4: Thanks and good that you spot that I am cleaning my city’s whit my home made lots :D

@ MelbourneDesigns: Maybe i would upload my region only thing is that it is not finished. So when it is finished I will and tell you ok

@ NYCisBig...; @ tonyr: Thanks

@ Mikeaut1: Thanks and I am looking for good R$ and R$$ mid-rise lots the thing is that there a not many good looking ones to be found.

There are many high and low rise R$ R$$ lots only good looking mid-rise is hard to find. So i am still looking any suggestions?

Ok now the pictures of last weeks work around in my city.

Fist you wil see some pictures of my newly made industrial area that gives jobs to ± 61.000 IHT$$.

004_Vapiano_02.jpg

004_Vapiano_03.jpg

004_Vapiano_04.jpg

004_Vapiano_05.jpg

004_Vapiano_01.jpg

Now some pictures of last weeks make-over area’s.

003_Emerald_NorthWest_03.jpg

003_Emerald_NorthWest_02.jpg

003_Emerald_NorthWest_01.jpg

003_Emerald_NorthEast_02.jpg

003_Emerald_NorthEast_01.jpg

002_GreatEmeraldCenter_04.jpg

002_GreatEmeraldCenter_03.jpg

002_GreatEmeraldCenter_02.jpg

002_GreatEmeraldCenter_01.jpg

Thats it for this weeks update, I hope your enjoyed. Greets

Arnold001

BannerMetNweVlag_3.jpg

It's been a while since the last journal but Emerald City Islands did not sleep.

The removal of the square islands are almost done as you can see at the regional view.

On the road map view you can see the new roads.

I have also made some custem LOT's for my city to do a make over.

This making over is wat i spend the most time on lately.

001_Vapiano_08.jpg

001_Vapiano_07.jpg

001_Vapiano_06.jpg

001_Vapiano_05.jpg

001_Vapiano_04.jpg

001_Vapiano_03.jpg

001_Vapiano_02.jpg

001_Vapiano_01.jpg

Satelietkaart_025.jpg

Wegenkaart_021.jpg

Arnold001

BannerMetNweVlag.jpg

The people of Waterworld where complaining about the name of the city since there was more land than water.

After democratic elections about the new name the people came forward whit the new name: Emerald City Islands.

The name seems more suitable because nowadays the islands looks like green jewel stones.

Satelietkaart_012.jpg

Emerald City Islands are still growing and changing. The square looking islands are almost removed as you can see on the regional view photo.

Also included in this journal are some pictures of the new neighborhoods I’ve been building lately.

07PangorIsland.jpg

06PangorIsland.jpg

05Camoeflage.jpg

04LastForest.jpg

03Camoeflage.jpg

02Camoeflage.jpg

01Zegels.jpg

Arnold001

@simmytu, Alejandro24, NYCisbig.....: Thanks.

@sepen20: The new project will be to erase all old square islands after all the people that live there are moved

You already can see that happening if you compere my new regionview whit the older ones..

@Prefeito: Here they come those closer images.

Greets to all CJ-readers,

The new islands are a big success!

The people in Waterworld like living on the new islands. The air is clean, lost of nature, many good jobs, good schools, good health care and a fantastic infrastructure. The moving of the people from the old square islands to the new rounded up islands is going on full progress. Its going fast so fast that some old islands already have been erased and new ones are already being constructed.

Satelietkaart.jpg

Most pretty neighbourhood of Waterworld

This is elected as the most beautiful neighbourhood of Waterworld. That’s because of its forest, size, shape and buildings. If you go back to my pervious journal you can see this area undeveloped now its filed whit houses, offices etc.

Geat-Forrest-07.jpg

Geat-Forrest-08.jpg

Geat-Forrest-06.jpg

Geat-Forrest-04.jpg

Geat-Forrest-02.jpg

Geat-Forrest-03.jpg

Geat-Forrest-01.jpg

Geat-Forrest-09.jpg

The surrounding neighbourhoods

Here some pictures of the surrounding neighbourhoods of the one above.

Kota-Bharou-04.jpg

Kota-Bharou-01.jpg

Kota-Bharou-02.jpg

KualaT-02.jpg

KualaT-01.jpg

Penag-01.jpg

Penag-03.jpg

I did not show you people all the new neighbourhoods because i did not have the time to make pictures of it all. Maybe later or on your request i show them.

Arnold001

@ Alejandro24: Thanks

Here a quick update of my city

The planting of the forest on the new islands is finished as you can see on the regional view.

I also started moving the people and company’s to the new islands.

Satelietkaart.jpg

Here some pictures of the newly made parts of town...

Qtoewn.jpg

Greentown.jpg

Cartown.jpg

Battlefield.jpg

BadCompany.jpg

Arnold001

@ Cobra_nVidia: Thanks, your city looks great to. I especially like your regional pictures almost nobody shows them when they have big city’s.

@ Alejandro24: Man! nice choice of words. Counden’t have said it better.

@ sepen20: Wow, I am honoured and thank you.

Greets to all you CJ-readers,

Planting the forests almost finished!

Planting forests on the new islands in Waterworld is almost finished (picture: 1). It was the biggest project ever undertaken by Waterworld. Not only because the carefully chosen spots to plant forest (attached to the shorelines). Also because the infrastructure had to be planed in. When the infrastructure is not preplanned it will destroy the forest as I learned in previous city’s. The planing of the infrastructure in Waterworld is a painstaking slow process because most of the time its made underground tunnelled in. So not only the connections to other islands are made by tunnels (picture: 2). Also inside the city the highway, rail and monorail are mostly underground and come out when needed for a station, turn, entrance or exit. This way the pollution caused by rail or highway are put to a minimum. You can now see the tunnel entrances, exits, turns and stations very good because there are no buildings yet (picture: 3, 4, 5).

Make energy out of the motion of cars and trains inside tunnels

Recently the engineers of Waterworld found a way to make energy out of the motion of cars and trains inside tunnels.  This way the tunnels are self supporting so that the lights will never go out inside. The generated electricity in the tunnels not only make the lights glow they turn on big air vents that suck the polluted air out of the tunnels. When the polluted air is sucked out it also will be cleaned by a air filtering process (picture: 6).

1-Satelietkaart_009.jpg

(picture: 1) Satellite picture of newly planted forests.

2-Tunnel_IslandToIsland.jpg

(picture: 2)

Tunnel from island to island.

3-UndergroundHighwayRailMono3.jpg

(picture: 3)

Forest / inner city underground highway, rail and monorail.

4-UndergroundHighwayRailMono.jpg

(picture: 4)

Forest with underground highway, rail and monorail.

5-UndergroundHighwayRailMono2.jpg

(picture: 5)

Inner city underground highway, rail and monorail.

6-Tunnelpowerstationandairprufyingunit.j

(picture: 6)

Tunnel power station and air purifying unit.
Arnold001

I’ve been away for a while but Waterworld is changing to a more healthy and pretty place to live in. The city also has been growing from 1 million souls to 1.2 million with a lot of new industrial-, residential- and commercial-zones. Pictures of these part of town will follow but I’ve been doing a lot of regional replanning and its not finished. Why i am doing that and how is what i am going to tell right now. I’ll hope you will enjoy it.

New law!

The citizen of Waterworld where complaining about the lack of forests. There is now a new law that says that there should be at least tree trees per citizen.  The latest population count is 1.2 million souls so there have to be around 3 million trees. 3 million threes will fill up around one turd of the total landmass.

How to realize

Waterword have to be reorganized in order to have one turd of the landmass being filled with forest. The remaining Waterworld sea is going to be filled with islands. The old parts of town have to be rebuild and the citizen that live there have to move to the newly made islands.

Filling the remaining sea

The filling of the sea with new islands is depended on the latest rules. These rules where made by the health-care of Waterworld because they recently discovered a health problem. This problem is caused by the square and cubic forms of the old islands. This can cause disorientation, headache and even illness. The newly made islands are curved and rounded up.

Satelietkaart_007.jpg

Determine where the forrest is going to be

One turd of the landmass in forests will make a big forrest if they are clustered together. The best place to cluster the forests together is at the outer shores of Waterworld so that they also function as a windbreaker and title wave observer. Sow now that the islands are there the planting can begin on the carefully selected aeries

BosStad_002.jpg

Rebuilding old parts of town and moving citizen to new islands

Now that the new islands are made and the forests are planted its time to move the citizen. They will be moved to a greener healthier and more curved and rounded up island. Once they are moved its time to reshape the old island. When the island is reshaped the forrest is going to be planted and voila! a brand new island  where we can move other citizen from a old island to! This process will be repeated till there a no more old square looking islands left. It will be a long and time consuming process and will test the engineering skills and asks for a more out of the box thinking. The regional views are going to look much better and the air will be much healthier. And in the end it will be well worth it.

BosStad_001.jpg

Arnold001

Still growing

@SmartbyLaw: Every day is going to be hard. I’ll try to make a journal once every week. And thanks :D

@simmytu: Bedankt! En hier komen ze dan.

I did a lot of downloading and upgrading in my City. I am going to show some photos from my new buildings and new made parts of town. All my buildings are growable ones i do not want to have plopable building because this way its always a surprise what is going to be coming and i like that.

007-Bronze-2.jpg

In the above picture you can see the 3 levels that my city have.

Level 1 is where you can see the monorail going underground in this level is also my railwaytrack and highway.

Level 2 is where you can see the offices, canals and also the avenue’s.

Level 3 is where the residantials are in the above picture.

006-Bronze-1.jpg

I do verry much like the green building in the above picture. I also always make turning points for my monorail and train because that way i can do the ‘you drive it’ missions and turn my trains at the edges of the map.

005-Platina-4.jpg

005-Platina-3.jpg

In this part of town i did put the commercial zones in level 3 and the residentials down in level 2.

004-Platina-2.jpg

003-Platina-1.jpg

002-Smaracht-2.jpg

001-Smaracht-1.jpg

Here the commercial zones are at sea level (level 1).

Arnold001

000_1030588.jpg

Its happy 1 million Sim-day today. Finaly managed to fill my city with 1 mln souls, not by just putting a lot of  houses in my city but by containing a high standard of quality for my sims. The residentials in my city are almost all R$$$ or R$$ also the Industry is all I$$$ and the commercial zones are starting to be all C$$$ and C$$.

Here i show you the city with who i managed to get to the 1 million sims.

003-Bronze-1.jpg

now some picts of how they live

004-Bronze-2.jpg

004-Bronze-3.jpg

And this is there marina

006-Bronze-4.jpg

This is where they work or go shopping

007-Bronze-5.jpg

008-Copper-1.jpg

009-Copper-2.jpg

010-Iron-1.jpg

011-Iron-2.jpg

012-Iron-3.jpg

Thats it, the phothographfs of my 1 million marker city. I’ll hope you did enjoy.

Arnold001

Expanding the region

Ok people i have been working on my city for a while. Trying to reach 1 million sims with only mid rise residential zones. Waterworld does have high rise commercial zones and dens industrial zones. In the satellite picture bellow you can see the red numbers 1, 2 and 3. These areas are the new ones.

Satelietkaart_001.jpg

as you can see on the satellite photo the number 1 area is still empty. Bellow i am going to show how i have filed this area.

Triolala-005.jpg

There are a lot of bridges, tunnels and made protected beaches and forest. The forest also functions as a wind stopping zone because the wind directly from sea can be cold. There are dikes along the costline to protect the people from title waves. The protected beaches are nice to recreate.

Now following some pictures from the above city that have been developed.

Triolala-014.jpg

Triolala-013.jpg

Triolala-013.jpg

Triolala-011.jpg

Triolala-010.jpg

Triolala-009.jpg

Triolala-008.jpg

Triolala-007.jpg

Triolala-006.jpg

On the satellite picture you can also see a red number 2 and 3. Number 2 is a industrial zone whit a sea-port and some mid-commercial zones. Going to show you some close-ups from the industrial zone (2).

Nachtwandeling-004.jpg

Nachtwandeling-003.jpg

Nachtwandeling-002.jpg

Now it's time to explain what number 3 is on the satellite picture. The number 3 is an island with a large protected forest around it. It's one of the healthiest part of my region because it's so green.

Eiland-002.jpg

This was my Journal for now. I hope you people enjoyed it and if you would like to give some feedback or advise, feel free to do so.

Arnold001

Bridges and tunnels

Here i tell how my cities are connected by bridges and tunnels.  The green and yellow numbers on the picture bellow show where they are (T1, T2, T3, T5, T6, T7, B1, B2, B3, A1).

3-stedenCollage-2-800.jpg

T1, T2 and T3

T1T2T3.jpg

I the picture above you can see how the city is connected by tunnels. The green (M) marks the monorail-tunnel, the red (H) marks the highway-tunnel, and the ® marks the railroad-tunnel.

B1 and T5

B1T5.jpg

The residentials are connected with the commecial-zone, not only by a bridge (B) also trough tunneling (RT) marks the railroad-tunnel and (MT) the monorail-tunnel.

T6 and T7

T6T7.jpg

Here you can see how the sims move from one city trough a other by railroad (RT). They also can go by car and bus trough the highway-tunnel (HT)

B2 and B3

B2B3.jpg

(HB) Highway-bridge, (RB) railroad-bridge.

Arnold001

Ferry landings

Here i tell how my cities are connected over water. Bellow you see a picture of 3 of my cities. The red numbers show where the ferry landings are.

3-stedenCollage-2-800.jpg

Below are the close-ups from the ferry landings

Ferry-1.jpg

Ferry-2.jpg

Ferry-3.jpg

Ferry-4-B1.jpg

The next journal i'll show the tunnels and bridges from the above showed 3 sities.

Arnold001

The Beginning

Out of the sea there is land rising, land made by man!

001_AanlegMaasvlakte2_1.jpg

002_AanlegMaasvlakte2_2.jpg

After the land is made there will be room for people to live.

Hey-1.jpg

The man made land is beginning to be a region.

Satelietbeeld-1.jpg

To navigate through the region people need a map.

Region-1.jpg

The new land is starting to be healthy and people like to live there.

Hey-5.jpg

Pollution from highways/railways are low because they are underground most of the time and only come up when needed.

Werkverschaffing-2.jpg

Hey-7.jpg