• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Meet the Iberian small country known by the food, clime and the rural scenes

Entries in this City Journal

Terras d'el-Rei

Farvio was under Portuguese domain until 1670's and so, the royal families usually travel to the south of the country, to Farvio, therefore a region of Portugal, to spend the holidays. One of the monarchs, Dom João IV, O Afortunado (The Lucky), of Reino de Portugal, choose the delta of the river Arade, wich have many small islands, to build his vacations palaces, churches, and terrains. place now called, in Portuguese: Ria d'el-Rei (River of the king), or Terras d'el Rei ( The lands of the King). Hope you enjoy!

9110.jpg

9210.jpg

9310.jpg

9410.jpg

9510.jpg

9610.jpg

Comment!

As Nossas Praias is the newest CJ series of Fairview. Since we are getting into summer, we will show you the afrodisiac and cosmopolit beaches of south of Europe! Welcome to the beaches of Fairview!

As%20Nossas%20Praias%20is%20the%20newest%20CJ%20series%20of%20Fairview.%20Since%20we%20are%20getting%20into%20summer,%20we%20will%20show%20you%20the%20afrodisiac%20and%20cosmopolit%20beaches%20of%20south%20of%20Europe!%20Welcome%20to%20the%20beaches%20of%20Fairview!%20%20http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iKcdh5Ims%20%20Not%20finished.%20Just%20a%20teaser!%20The%20summer%20didn"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8iKcdh5Ims

Not finished. Just a teaser! The summer didn't start yet! :)

teaser10.jpg

This summer prefer Farvio!

Sorry for posting so late, but I have been really busy with school and real life.

So, in this expo Fairview Pavillion is going to expose the modern and "glass" age of the country. Bruxelas and Nova Cidade metropolitan area is one of the most important of Europe because of its seaport, one of the main seaports of Europe, where about 56% of the products which come from America and Africa to Europe passes by it.

Let's see one of the most modern parts of the capital Bruxelas, A Ilha da Armona.

bruxel29.jpg

bruxel30.jpg

bruxel31.jpg

Grandes Cidades is the CJ series of the most important cities of Fairview. These cities are just 4. Bruxelas, Cidade Nova, Entre-Os-Montes and Baixio.

Today I will show you the considered most beautiful historical big city of Fairview. This is the part 1 of 5, of Baixio update.

Baixio is third most populous area of the country. In all, it has 300.000 inhabitants. Check it!

There are two ways of going to Baixio, by car or train (a regional airport is being constructed).

baixio10.jpg

The entrance to the city, some dirty and old commercial buildings...

baixio11.jpg

Igreja dos Mártires...

baixio12.jpg

The Bridge over the big channel, the entrance to the historical centre...

baixio13.jpg

An overview of the centre, and the high-rises near it...

baixio14.jpg

Old renascent buildings...

baixio15.jpg

Palácio da Ajuda...

baixio16.jpg

Channel view and an old prison fortress...

baixio17.jpg

Torre do Relógio and Templo de Diana...

baixio18.jpg

Igreja da Conceição...

baixio19.jpg

Another perspective...

baixio20.jpg

And in another one...

baixio21.jpg

Igreja dos Pêsamos, where funerals ceremonies take place...

baixio22.jpg

Catedral da Santíssima Trindade...

baixio23.jpg

Residential area...

baixio24.jpg

baixio25.jpg

baixio26.jpg

baixio27.jpg

In Fairview there are two parliaments, one permanent, in Bruxelas, and another for international alliance meetings, this one...

baixio28.jpg

The view of the new part of the city (still being in development, please don't complain :D )...

baixio29.jpg

An overview of the central part of the city...

baixio30.jpg

And, to finish, the solar panels of the Solar Fairview. The country goal is to produce 80% of the electric energy in solar power plants. We should use our great sun, especially in the Spring...

baixio31.jpg

The same story, Comment! :D:D:D:D:D

Finally, classes ended. Holidays started and now I can post my first update in two months. Now, it is time to show one of the most beautiful places of Fairview, the walled city of Foz, with about 6.000 inhabitants. And built along the largest river of the region.

foz-1410.jpg

foz-1710.jpg

The main road of the town and the busiest one...

foz-2010.jpg

The Estalagem Real da Foz ******, the luxurious hotel of Fairview...

foz-2210.jpg

The Rua das Cores, the typical and traditional Fairview architecture before the 90's development...

foz-2510.jpg

Museu de Serralves, one of the most curious museum about the historical surroundings of the region...

foz-2710.jpg

Palácio da Foz, one of the residential houses of the royal family during the monarchy period. Now it was converted into a five star hotel.

foz-2_10.jpg

The Ponte Romana, converted into a rail line...

foz-8_10.jpg

And the overview of the new part of the city...

foz-6_10.jpg

Comment! :)

The Fairviewense new series, the "Mundo Rural" (rural world), where I will show the most beautiful landscapes of the interior the country. The first update for this new series is "Rio dos Sonhos", river of the dreams, a little paradise in middle of nothing.

gulame11fev021327098849.png

gulame9fev021327098837.png

gulame7fev021327098823.png

Your comments are needed! :)

Some say that this will be our last year... apocalipse :D ... some say it will not...

HAPPY NEW 2012 YEAR MY FRIENDS

And the fireworks of Mentapi, celebrating the year and the end of Snow Event (snow disappeared, it is too hot for snow :( )

mentapi2012.jpg

And in other places of the country:

Entre-Os-Montes

eom2012.jpg

Bruxelas

bruxelasanonovo.jpg

Happy New Year for everyone :)

New Riverside - Part 1

This is so big I have to put it in parts!

And today my question is: Have you ever seen this Bruxelas?

Here is my recently work in the capital of Fairview. I decided to make new image of the riverside part of the city, according with the others modern european major cities and here is the result, hope you like it! ;) 8-)

bruxel25.jpg

An overiew of the glassy skyscrapers

bruxel26.jpg

During the sunset

bruxel27.jpg

The Hotel do Mar'dAR 5 stars

bruxel28.jpg

A brutal image...

Hope you liked it... Wait for the second part!

6th November is the Fairview National Day in whcih we celebrate our independence. Here, I will post some pics that some reporters take by a helicopter from the air. Many heads of States and important people were present in the celebrations the largest city of Fairview: Cidade Nova.

Tourists who came to the celebrations landed in the new but very busy airport, which roof suffered several damage from an incedible thunderstorm and windy storm that passed there one week ago...

nova_c10.jpg

Posts of flags in several buildings...

nova_c11.jpg

nova_c12.jpg

And the night show with fire works...

nova_c13.jpg

Hope you liked! :)

Carmalé is the southest point of Fairview, right in front of the Atlantic Ocean. It is known by the beaches and the very beautiful ocean views.

One of the arms of the sea that enter the land

carmal10.jpg

One of the most beautiful beaches of the country

carmal11.jpg

The concerts area

carmal12.jpg

The eye of Carmalé

carmal13.jpg

Overview for you

carmal14.jpg

Hope you liked it... Nice weekend for you!

Comments response: Thank you all guys, for commenting my last work! In fact, it wasn't the no cars day, we have a policy there to limit the entrance of cars in the reasort village complex.

Hi guys! How are you? After the first week of classes I have here a small update with three nice shots for you. As this year I will have national exams I have to study hard so, I will only post new pics of Fairview at the weekends. I also have decided when I will come back with the O Norte series, in the begining of November.

But for now I have three shots of Fairview Capital, one of a part of the water front and anothers a night and day shot of all the entire downtown. Enjoy it!

bruxel22.jpg

bruxel23.jpg

bruxel24.jpg

Hope you liked... and see you next weekend 'cause I have to study hard! :angry:>:(

Now!! I present you the Occidental part of our outstanding capital... The Occidental part was built in the 1700s when the rich people started to run away from the confusion of the metropolis Bruxelas.

The centre of this historical district...

bruxel37.jpg

bruxel38.jpg

The Igreja Da Ordem de Cristo...

bruxel39.jpg

The Santa Mãe da Mesericórdia...

bruxel40.jpg

The most recent suburbs houses...

bruxel41.jpg

An gorgeous overview of the district...

bruxel42.jpg

"Nossa Costa" is the most recent Fairview series that I will start posting now. So, you may are asking now if "O Norte" series will be ended; it will not be ended but I will stop of doing it for a undetermined time. "The series "Nossa Costa" will show the different cities, villages and places of our coastal areas.

To start we have the sea village of Ferrali, located in the South of the country. Enjoy!

Ferrali is a typical Fairviense sea village know by its tranquility and peaceful environmental surroundings. This beach is recommended for the families with children since the sea in this place is very tranquil.

An overview...

ferral11.jpg

The "heart" of the village...

ferral12.jpg

The typical houses...

ferral13.jpg

The rural train station...

ferral14.jpg

The beach and waterfront...

ferral15.jpg

ferral16.jpg

Hope you liked it :) and don't forget comments are needed! :read:

Mazana, the little and sweet village that made success around the SimCity community is known show as one of the world premier class regions where wine is produced. Today we will show that face of this region. The wine of this region is very good and I invite you all to taste and feel it.

mazana17.jpg

mazana18.jpg

mazana19.jpg

mazana20.jpg

mazana21.jpg

mazana22.jpg

vinho-do-porto-valdoro-750ml%257E21855.jpg

You can buy this wine here:

Actually this is the Portuguese Porto one, the best by far wine... ;):)

http://www.lojadovinho.com/

More informations:

http://www.infovini.com/

Hope you liked it! Oh, please don't forget to buy some bottles of Porto wine ;)

This time I will show the village in the Norte, near the mountains, that is considered by many as the capital of agriculture. As Mijas is located in a big deep fertile valley agriculture is the main industrial and economical fount of money.

The intersection with the A001 and the oriental part of the village...

mijas-11.jpg

The ocidental part of the Mijas and some fields...

mijas-12.jpg

The rice fields in the right and flowers fields with a traditional irrigation channel...

mijas-13.jpg

More crops and cereals fields...

mijas-14.jpg

Thanks for watching ! ;)

Update 4:

Today, I am going to show you Mazana, the smallest village of Fairview, the most typical and most beautiful. Also, I am going to show you the agriculture in that zone that is known has the Planalto das Limonadas ( Limonade Highlands).

An overview...

mazana11.jpg

The village itself...

mazana12.jpg

The lemon fields...

mazana13.jpg

East view of the peninsule...

mazana14.jpg

Hope you liked. Don't forget to hear the Fado music that is going to bid for World Heritage! Oh and comment please! See you!

As I told last week, today I am going to present the most beautiful city of O Norte, Mentapi. Mentapi is not a huge city but is not also a small one. Mentapi has around 15,000 and it is located just in the base of the mountains of the north. Mentapi was built around 1580 when the Spanish decided to invade Fairview and Portugal. That is the reason that the city is surrounded by water channels, in order to prevent or difficult the attacks. Because of the snow in the winter, the population decided not to follow a mediterranean architeture at all but also a mix of nort european and alps architeture. Mentapi will be the host city of the AIN Snow Event, this year.

An overview of the city...

mentap11.jpg

The city centre...

mentap12.jpg

A residential central area...

mentap13.jpg

The central park...

mentap14.jpg

The police station and the railway...mentap15.jpg

The train station...

mentap16.jpg

The suburbs...