• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

On March 14, 1541, Quito was declared a city and on February 14, 1556, was given the title Muy Noble y Muy Leal Ciudad de San Francisco de Quito ("Very Noble and Loyal City of San Francisco...

Entries in this City Journal

gogojcia

West of Quito

quito2.jpg

quito9.jpg

ABOVE YOU CAN SEE THE ENTIRE VIEW OF THE WEST SIDE  OF QUITO. TOP LEFT OF THE MAP YOU CAN SEE A CAMP SITE NEXT TO TIKIE LAKE.

quito5.jpg

STORY TIME AT THE CAMP. I LOVE THE WAY IT LOOKS AT NIGHT

quito8.jpg

quito3.jpg

quito4.jpg

quito1.jpg

26107447.jpg

gogojcia

South of Quito

80998217.jpg

QUITOS FIRST SMALL CHURCH. PEOPLE FROM QUITO ARE MAINLY CATHOLICS, AND ABOVE "EL TREN" IS FINALLY HERE AND BY THE WAY I LOVE THAT COCA COLA SIGN ON THAT OF THAT BUSINESS BUILDING.

53599172.jpg

56387186.jpg

55400507.jpg

ON THE PICTURE BELOW YOU CAN SPOT QUITO'S FIRST ROAD RIGHT NEXT TO THE LOGS. I DECIDED TO LEAVE THE LOGS THERE JUST TO GIVE THE TOWN A DIFFERENT LOOK. PLUS IT MARKS THE STOP WHERE THE TOWN FIRST BEGAN ITS CONSTRUCTION. LOOK BACK AT MY FIRST POSTING TO REFRESH YOUR MEMORY

90638407.jpg

73217323.jpg

38153471.jpg

ROADS AND SEE HOW THAT TURNS OUT.

56460120.jpg

82577653.jpg

gogojcia

Developments

WE CAN SEE THA PEOPLE ARE ALREADY BUILDING THEIR HOMES. THIS LITTLE TOWN WILL BECOME A BEAUTIFUL CITY

building1c.jpg

A DIRT ROAD WAS CONTRUCTED TOWARDS THE SOUTH. "FEEDING GROUND" FARMS WILL BE BUILT THERE IN THE FUTURE

houses1.jpg

LDS ARE BLOOMING WITH CROPS. i HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOY MY UDATES AS MUSH AS I ENJOY BUILDING THIS TOWN. 

farms1.jpg

THE CITY COUNCEL ORDER THE CONSTRUCTIONS OF AN ALL SEASON LOT.  IT IS TO SERVE AS A FARMERS MARKET  DURING THE HARVEST AND A X-MASS TREE SALE YARD DURING DECEMBER. EVERYONE IS HAPPY TO SEE THAT THEIR TOWN IS MOVING AHEAD.

foodm.jpg

Here below we can see that the X-mass trees are freshly cut and ready for sale

treegz.jpg

xmass.jpg

123tv.jpg

12345lg.jpg

gogojcia

After weeks of traveling trough the forest they have finally found a place where they can start a new beginning. From the top if this hill they see a vast and beautiful land. There at the foot of the hill they will build their settlement.
begining1.jpg

They waste no time and begging to tear down nearby trees for lumber. They have also built a dirt road that will pave they way for their new town. Soon very soon we will see the first housing being built 

beggings2.jpg

gogojcia

Region View

This is the region view. I added some water to it, beacuse I want to give my version of the of  city a little twist. The actual city of Quito does not have any big bodies of water like the ones below, but I have attempted to reconstruct the many hills and mountains that soround the city, specially the " Pichincha Volcano".  More Updates will come soon on the west section of the region. The city roots will beging at the south east portion of this region below. The history of this beautiful colonial city, full of legends woven over more than 400 years, is still alive in the memory of its inhabitants. To find its origin it is necessary to go back in time to the 6th of December in 1534, when the Spanish conquistadors founded the city with 204 settlers. Before then, the present-day site of Quito was inhabited by the Quitus, a tribe from the Quechua civilization in a strip of land that stretched from what is now Cerro del Panecillo in the south to Plaza de San Blas in the center. Called the Kingdom of Quito in the Pre-Hispanic period, buildings in this ancient city were made of carved stone and sun-dried brick. Later, Spanish architects incorporated the same materials into their grandiose constructions. At the beginning of the 16th century, the city adopted a monumental style with the construction, by the various Catholic missions, of the impressive temples of San Francisco, Santo Domingo, La Catedral and San Agustin. The main events during this period took place in or around these temples, which helped promote religiousness among the people

97960660.jpg

gogojcia

Introduction

Quito, officially known as San Francisco de Quito is the capital of Ecuador, a country located in South America. It is the first city in the world that was named a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. In 2008, it celebrated 30 years of being part of the list of World Heritage sites.

After La Paz in Bolivia, Quito is the second highest capital city in the world at 2,850 meters. After Guayaquil, Quito is the second most populated city in Ecuador. The city is also the official headquarters of the Union of South American Nations. Encircled by Andes volcanoes, nestled in the Guayllabamba river basin, Quito is a dreamer’s paradise.
Due to its elevated location and mild climate, Quito can be visited any time of the year, making it a perfect tourist destination. The surrounding snow capped volcanoes, especially the Pichincha volcano standing tall at 4,790 meters, add a natural touch to its beauty.

quitoaerial600.jpg

The city boasts of 40 churches, 16 convents and monasteries, 12 museums and a rich cultural heritage. Many tourists enjoy exploring the city, by viewing the monuments and churches and getting to know the vibrant life of the local people.

basilicaquito10md.jpglacompania2.jpgquito1024x768.jpg
Quito is a mix of old colonial architecture with upcoming modern complexes resulting in an old world charm of the city. There are plenty of attractions in the form of trendy shopping malls, high quality restaurants, colonial museums, churches, historical monuments and outdoor markets. As you enjoy your evening walking on the cobbled roads, trying to summarize the breathtaking view, you will definitely understand why Quito is a World Heritage site.

ecuadorquito01.jpg
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0