• Moose

San Bellagrano

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Here i am again with another random CJ. (The other one was lost in a recent crash, but i managed to save my plugins :) )

Entries in this City Journal

Timmystwin

Parks....

It came to my attention I hadn't uploaded any of the national park islands I had made. (For anyone that has seen the massive region shot the main one is that massive island on the edge of the rendered cities.)

But it wouldn't be me if I didn't drip feed you guys, so here's a teaser. (Yes more is coming, but I am adding effects. Don't expect them for next time, I am crap, but they may be ok.)

montageh.png

And for anyone thinking about the fallout buildings I am doing, I haven't got them done right yet. A levels are in the way, as is my complete lack of skill with the BAT

Timmystwin

When the council of 1st colony decided to expand, they headed west. There was a whole valley there according to satellites, but people hadnt explored it. So, an exploration team were sent out. They stumbled upon more than they bargained for however, as their geiger counters ticked they ran for help. This is a slight blow for the Colonisers, as if the explorers went that bit further....

teaser.jpg

They wouldve found they werent the first civilisation to occupy these lands, only the current owners....

Timmystwin

SHOCKING NEWS 

I used RHW for the first time since my old CJ got Pwned. Here are some pics.

suburbia4jul72129261946.png

sauder17apr041292619549.png

^ click here for that pic, its being problematic.^ http://img205.imageshack.us/i/sauder17apr041292619549.png/ that pic is lost in the depths of imageshack.....haven29feb441292619106.png

CACKS MAKE A CJ SO YOU CAN BEST THIS CRAP ATTEMPT

Right, moving on from that, i thought i would take you, the prized viewer (5* now please?) round my regions best spots at night, free of charge!! (Terms and conditions do apply. No moar than 1 complementary kowbell per household.)

I think i will start with 1st colony, seems just.

1stcolony28apr187129261.png

The next city in line is a short subway trip away (I modded them so they go 300mph, so who knows how far it is)

justinburg10jun37129261.png

Why not ignore the subway altogether, and use the RHW? It leaves 1st colony in the bottom right of its pic.

vettelburg5jun241292618.png

Mmmmm, tasty zots.

Next up are the suburbs, where rural peace meets urban chaos.

haven29feb441292619065.png

suburbia4jul72129261892.png

lumber24jun291292618802.png

Of course, a pure rural scene is always beautiful. None of those ugly suburbs.

portlan22sep06129261934.png

newcity27sep05129261923.png

But there is always a Large town to ruin the show.

lartenburg6apr391292619.png

And it wouldnt be a CJ update of mine without....

capeupdate800.jpg

STAY TUNED FOR MOAR... TALES OF INTEREST

Timmystwin

Ok, for a quick update i thought i would put up some night shots.

Justinburg

justinburg13jan37129034.png

This is the densest city, and its larger buildings are very near the densest populated areas of the main large tile next to it.

New hope

newhope1mar151290345271.png

This is a more industrial centred city. It is immensely packed, and the council is thinking of digging up the hill and selling the rock for land reclamations going on in nearby cities.

New colony

outskirts27apr121290344.png

this time there is more housing.

Vettleburg

vettelburg18sep23129034.png

This town sprung up around the new highway. (Tree area)

Next city (no name yet)

newcity27sep05129034555.png

This is a farming town, with its historic clocktower. Various streets are below.

newcity27sep05129034561.png

haven13apr441290345773.png

haven1aug441290345826.png

Here is the border to a main financial city.

haven4jul441290345801.png

EDIT

For those interested in a more up to date region shot, lookie here.

http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/9083/capenewenham4.jpg

Timmystwin

Airport

So. With rapid overcrowding a new airport was needed. Lo and behold, here it is!!!!

This is gonna be a picture orientated update as i CBA to work out and type a story after failing 4 times to do this update.

overview2.png

Tunnel system

This is needed to save space and generally make transport around the area easier.

tunnelsystem.png

tunnelsystem2.png

This is the beginning of the old runway, with the tunnel underneath.

runwaybaseplate.png

So, with an older runway, you need a newer one right? Correct.

newrunway.png

But of course, what is a airfield without termini?

smallterminus.png

terminus.png

STAY TUNED FOR MOAR TALES OF INTEREST

Possibly a bordering city if i can be bothered. If not i will delve into the industrial areas.

Timmystwin

Teaser..

Wow ive been active today. This is just a smaller teaser, which i will delete when the airport entry is updated.

capenewenham1281128804.png

You will just have to squint.

EDIT

I can haz improved the airport, adding a runway and a terminal. Just i lost mah SC4 disk. (Will be found be the weekend dont worry.

STAY TUNED FOR MORE TALES OF INTEREST!

Timmystwin

As i said before, the houses were being built at an alarming rate. Right up to the gate infact.

starttrans.png

These people required a rapid transtit system, and, deciding to save money for a new airfeld, the council went for elevated rail. (seen above and below) The space under the rail was quickly taken up by shops and beautification schemes.

rowshops.png

There was even a need to connect to a neighbouring town to find people and workers to build the houses for the boom...

connect.png

The houses really did start to boom, here are a few views of said boom....

seafront.png

They expanded across the river in some areas....

riveru.png

And to give you an idea of the scale of the growth....

airoverview.png

With this crisis on the cards, the airfield was shut off and turned into a government area, and a new one was planned in a nearby city. Here is the entrance, designed to allow lots of cars and traffic....

tunnel.png

STAY TUNED FOR MORE TALES OF INTEREST

(i.e an airfield.)

Timmystwin

Overview (enjoy)

Airfield

So, with the city rapidly expanding and the suburbs touching the edges, the council had to do something. And now it wasn't run by the useless Captain Fizzlewickets ( he had moved upriver when the council fired him, i will delve into this later) something actually happened. There had been rumors that a industrial park was planned there, but this was a major airport so the redevelopment is taking its time. There is however an improved transport link and the shabby pond has been contained.

industrialairfield.png

Housing

With the demand for housing in the dirt cheap land homes were built, but the city stopped expanding by the airport as no-one wanted to live there. As a result the city went up very quickly, and along the river. This was originally a mode of transportation but roads and rapid rail lines now cross this redundant transport link. You can see the side of one suburb above in the airfield pic, and here is a shot of the river bank, complete with the library built on reclaimed land. ( Its not solid, so the council bought it on the cheap.) But the airfield is still in action, so the swanky homes built when it was thought to be out of use now show signs of dilapidation due to the homeowners leaving.

residentialdistrict.png

The Misubuya bridge

With the central island rapidly expanding, and the residents living off the island more and more often, the ferry often overcrowded. Seeing an opportunity, a local businessman called Shokai Misubuya applied for planning permission to build a road bridge. Realising that they needed a bigger bridge, the local council and businessmen chipped in to help pay for an avenue bridge. Once built, Shokai planned to put a toll on the bridge. His luck helped, as instead of tolling the bridge he was appointed a cushy job as transport minister. A local convention centre ensures local usage, and the businessmen who helped were given cushy jobs there. Aww. Happy ending. This did bring prosperity however, you can see the construction sites in the background.

misubuyabridge.png

CBD

Ill get this over with. This is the central business district. There is reclaimed land on the bottom, but ill get onto that in a minute. For now, enjoy.

cbdday.png

cbdnight.png

Reclaimed land

With land values skyrocketing, the local council made some more. They did empty the coffers to do so, meaning that the land isn't suitable for large skyscrapers, and that they didn't have enough money for a second bridge. ( The one on the left leads to an industrial area, but its ugly so i wont touch it here.)

reclamationattempts.png

Trans Belladin tunnel.

The river Belladin is a much used transport route, so a tunnel was needed and not a bridge. You can see an avenue tunnel to the nearest industrial area above, but here are the two entrances to the newly constructed highway tunnel.( Including a rail tunnel nearby used for freight)

belladinrivertunnel2.png

There is some development near the other entrance as it is far away from the airport and the dirtiest industry.

belladinrivertunnel1.png

Thats it from me today, i might be back with some more in a day or two, but my computer is bieng tempramental so i dont know.

Thanks for reading

STAY TUNED FOR MORE TALES OF INTEREST.

Timmystwin

Day 20....

Roger the cabin boy: Sir..... im sure there was an island around here somewhere.....

Seaman Stains: Yeah, there must be, I checked google maps.

Captain Fizzlewickets: They probably just updated it, i mean how big was this island anyway..

*Map is shown*

Captain Fizzlewickets: You call that big?

Roger the cabin boy: Sir please see sense, look at the size of the peni.....

CRASH

Seaman Stains:  What peninsula, this one?

*Puts on legendary voice....*

And so, the land that would later been known as San Bellagrano was found. Soon after it bieng found a small airport was built. After all, if all the ships were piloted by Captain Fizzlewicks (He bagsy turn around scratch face shotgun banana peeled the rights) not much was going to reach shore.

airfield.jpg

The island which was nearest soon beame a delta hub, and here it is, 30 yrs ago....

manhattan.jpg

STAY TUNED FOR MORE TALES OF INTEREST

(By that i mean i will actually have SC4 back up and running again so i can get up to date pics. These are older ones i forgot i had.)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0