• Moose

Hong Kong 1.0

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Welcome to the Sim City 4 Hong Kong recreation. For many years the HKABT have been creating near perfect BAT's I thought giving a try at building this magical city!

Entries in this City Journal

TowerDude

Aldrich Bay

14482343.jpg?redirect_counter=1

REPLIES

9988 - Yes, i forgot to make it monochrome....

Damastius - LOL!

JGellock - Thanks a lot! 4.gif

_marsh_ : Thanks, indeed that was the mistake

Cobra_nVidia - Thanks, i'll try to keep it up

Skyscraper241 - here it is http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21134

Andrey km : Thanks a lot, I hope you like this update

Samerton : THNKS 10.gif

heitomat : Thanks a lot!!!

Aldrich Bay

Aldrich Bay was formerly a bay in the north shore on the Hong Kong Island, Hong Kong. It is now reclaimed and is a housing area outside the area of Shau Kei Wan, neighbouring A Kung Ngam and Lei King Wan. Outside Aldrich Bay, it is the Shau Kei Wan Typhoon Shelter. It is not a small community. It contains Oi Tung Estate, Tung Yuk Court, Aldrich Garden and other private housings, with several primary school and secondary school. It is administratively part of the Eastern District.

The Chinese name for Aldrich Bay roughly translates to "The Bay that Loves Discipline"

16471724.jpg

86188299.jpg

Region View

Here is a region view, and you can see that a lot is done, but a lot remains to be done.

regionview.jpg

Cya soon

TowerDude

Lai Chi Kok Harbour

HK_LCK_Lai_Chi_Kok_Road_Shanghai_Street_

REPLIES

Samerton : Thanks a lot!!!

Sky Guy : 0$ + TVA !!!

_marsh_ : Thanks a lot you firework were great to!

heitomat : Thanks!

Wallacet : Thanks a lot man!

Lai Chi Kok Harbour

Hong Kong, known as the fragrant harbour, has been an entrepot for Southern China for many years. Endowed with a superb deep-water harbour offering a safe haven for ships in close proximity to the Pearl River Delta Region, Hong Kong has gradually developed over the years into a world-class container port.

56844604.jpg

Hong Kong has been a container port for almost four decades. In 2009, Hong Kong once again proved itself to be one of the world's most efficient container ports by handling 21.0 million twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs). The port of Hong Kong is a major hub port in the global supply chain with about 400 container liner services per week to over 500 destinations worldwide.

83512632.jpg

The port is the key factor in the prosperity and economic growth of Hong Kong, handling 89% of Hong Kong's total cargo throughput. The container port is vital, not only for Hong Kong, but also for Southern China - one of the fastest industrialising areas in the world, as about 70% of container traffic handled in Hong Kong is related to Southern China. More than 60% of the containerised cargoes to and from Southern China are carried by river feeders, and the rest by container trucks.

99692032.jpg

Hong Kong is one of the few major international ports in the world where port facilities are financed, owned and operated by the private sector. The role of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) Government is to undertake long-term strategic planning for port facilities and to provide the necessary supporting infrastructure.

68908628.jpg

In 2009, 205,510 ships, comprising both ocean-going vessels and river trade vessels for cargo and passenger traffic, visited the port of Hong Kong.

41951891.jpg

82740547.jpg

75633704.jpg

61010326.jpg

See you tommorow at Manhattan Hill!

TowerDude

New Year in Hong Kong

new-year-fireworks-hong-kongb.jpg

Presents and Replies

Sirron Kcuhc : Woohoo thanks a lot, one day you will manage :D ,You have won a night in te Pacific Place!

Tankmank :Thanks you won a HK to Shanghai travel

Samerton: Hehehe you too! you won a night in the Marriot Hotel!

Hotchocolate: always a  pleasure to see you here, you won 5000 HK$ to spend

reikhardt :you won the Oldie's delight you will go on the tram from on end of Victoria Island to the other with 4500 HK$ to spend

Zulu2065 Thanks a lot, you have won  5000 HK$

Blakeway: no 18.gif, you won a daytrip to Macau and 5000Y

AND THE WINNER OF THE MEGA PRIZE IS -> Samerton!

You won aswell 10.000 HK$, Mayor name of HK Island and a satue plaza in Kowloon south end!!aswell as 3 weeks paid residency in HK

Welcome to 2011

hongkongisland6jan14512.png

hongkongisland16jul1441.png

hongkongisland6jul14412.png

hongkongisland6jul14412.png

????? Happy New Year enjoy this day and night!

TowerDude

Christmas Time in HK

xmas.jpg

REPLIES AND PRESENTS!

Skimbo : Thank you! you won a trip on the ferry from Macau to HK and a dinner at the Madarin Oriental and 6000HK$!!

Reikhardt : You are right, you won a night in the Pacific Place

TekindusT : Yep, I didn't see that at first but after listening you are right 18.gif You won a Daytrip to Kowloon and vouchers of an equivalent of 5000 HK$

Alejandro: Thanks a lot, you won a tent adventurers trip to Lantau

Cobra_nVidia : Thanks 4.gif You have won a shoppers frenzi with 8000HK$ to spend

HOHOHO! MERRY CHRISTMAS

Yes! Even in Hong Kong there is christmas!

christmas-tree-20081121-200953.jpg

hongkongisland1jan14412.png

christmasmos2.jpg

christmasmos.jpg

christmasmosaic1.jpg

ALL COMMENTERS OF THIS UPDATE AND THE LAST UPDATE WILL WIN A CHRISTMAS PESENT. ONE OF THEM WILL WIN THE SUPER HK CHRISTMAS PACKAGE DON'T MISS OUT!!!!

In the city

108532844CRQhGK_fs.jpg

ChristmasLightsAdmiraltyBld.jpg

p1020604.jpg

3718501_0b8ef83103_o.jpg

And to finnish us off some employes getting ready for a Christmas Party!

dsc00221.jpg

TowerDude

800px-Elizabeth_House.jpg

REPLIES

TekindusT - Hehe! thanks a lot!

on0012222222222222 - Thanks a lot, nice to see you here

Skimbo - Thanks a lot! it's the best of :P

Samerton - Thanks and it's not the last

LgCyonUser - Thanks, I dindn't know, now i can say it in Korean ^^

Sun Hung Kai Tower

If there is a big building in HK, Sun Hung Kai must be in it, it' the biggest property devloppement company in HK

Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited ("Sun Hung Kai Properties") was publicly listed in 1972 and is now one of the largest property companies in

Hong Kong. It specializes in premium-quality residential and commercial projects for sale and investment. The Group:

• Employs about 32,000 people.
  • Has in-house expertise in land acquisition, architecture, construction, engineering and property management that allow it to adhere to the highest standards of quality.

Our Businesses

The Group's core business is the development of property for sale and investment. The Group also has complementary operations in the following property related fields:

• Hotels
  • Financial services
  • Insurance
  • Property management
The Group also has investments in:
  • Telecommunications
  • Information technology
  • Transportation, infrastructure and logistics

These are low risk investments, which provide growing recurrent income over the long term.

54110895.jpg

Land Bank & Property Portfolio

The Group is one of Hong Kong's largest landowners, with a land bank of 44.2 million square feet as at 30 June 2010, including:

• 16.6 million square feet under development,
  • 27.6 million square feet of completed investment properties,
  • About 26 million square feet of agricultural land in the New Territories, most of which is in the process of land use conversion, principally for residential development.
This well-diversified investment property portfolio generated gross rental income of HK$11,082 million in the 2009/10 financial year.

Group Finance

The Group is committed to conservative financial policies, maintaining high liquidity and low leverage. The overwhelming majority of the Group's financing is in Hong Kong dollars, and hence carries very little foreign exchange risk. The Group's financial strength is reflected in its foreign currency ratings:

• 'A' from Standard & Poor's
  • 'A1' from Moody's
35336275.jpg

Customer Service

The Group firmly believes that customers come first and it always listens to customers to find out their needs and deliver just the right service in all aspects of its operations.

• The SHKP Club was established to enhance customer service. It is dedicated to two-way communication and currently has over 300,000 members.
  • Award-winning property management subsidiaries offer high-quality after-sales service.

Yongfu House

Yong Fu Int'l Trading Co established in 1999, is a professional enterprise specializing in producing and dealing in PVC wood-grain decorative sheet. The company has an annual output of over 10 million square meters with more than one hundred designs and colors. It also provides technical service for processing plastic and rubber products.

29415871.jpg

"To improve the quality of our PVC wood grain decorative sheet, our company specially engages technical talents from Korea to conduct our production. Meanwhile, we have established brand-new environmentally-friendly factory buildings and introduced advanced manufacturing equipment to produce new and high-quality products to meet the customer's needs.

"

81553454.jpg

Elizabeth House

52084775.jpg

27137798.jpg

Photo Time!!!

I recently fell on this thread on Skyscraper city, here are some of the pics on it, they are quite epic!

2830854900_8e1c42d088_o.jpg

2830854902_871c41ae6c_o.jpg

2553920924_2325e84a2a_o.jpg

2899238818acd5590de1oga3.jpg

2899237612217915a12eobs0.jpg

2898394393659ef217c0ojn6.jpg

2898394073cfe66e0745ofj0.jpg

a745C5327_5_6.jpg

a745C5044_5_6.jpg

a745C1250_48_49.jpg

a745C1217_5_6.jpg

a745C1259_7_8.jpg

Hope you enjoyed this update! cya soon!

TowerDude

Video Time!

hong-kong-chine-voyage.jpg

REPLIES

Samerton : Thanks a lot, as always :P

Skimbo : Yhanks your CJ has been an inspiration for me (i can't remember if I said it already)

Paulobergonce : WHAT THE HELL!! mmhh hopfully you can see this ;)

EyeOfModius : You are right but i don't know how to fix it

Video Time

TowerDude

Wanchai Coast

baie-de-hong-kong_1217787481.jpg

REPLIES

Samerton : me too

jakehh : happy you enjoyed it

Timmystwin : yep :P

Wanchai Coast

Continuing through the Re-recreation of Victoria Island, We visit the Wanchai District

65009160.jpg

27793020.jpg

95945405.jpg

47823113.jpg

41970756.jpg

41058608.jpg

That's it for now see ya soon (maybe even tonight)

TowerDude

REPLIES

TekindusT : Well here is one hell of a pic!!

Heitomat: Thanks man!

Samerton : Haha! thanks

Titanesk : Thanks man!

Skimbo : You should!!!32.gif, just joking, happy you liked it

LesGaz : Happy you liked it!

Paulobergonci : Esto es mia amigos Paulo!!! :D

A 24000x4800 Pixel Hong Kong Pictures,

This isn't mine but it is certainly worth having a look at!

Hong_Kong_Skyline_Panorama_-_Dec_2008.jp

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/41/Hong_Kong_Skyline_Panorama_-_Dec_2008.jpg

TowerDude

hong-kong-15-thumbnail-hong-kong-_tngpx1

REPLIES

Samerton : Ah! good

Heitomat : About time! heh 26.gif, haha just joking 18.gif Those are nice comments, and I hope you'll like this update!

Reikhardt : Thanks!

chikenz : Thanks a lot!!

Tankmank : I'm happy you liked it, I am very happy with the results myself aswell

Aemilius : Thanks! and cheers for the comment

International Finance Center

One and Two ifc in the heart of Hong Kong are highly prestigious business locations and home to many international financial institutions. Designed by the renowned architect Cesar Pelli, the towers project strength and integrity in the classic skyscraper tradition.

52479334.jpg

A city within a city with nearly 3 million square feet of prime office space, they accommodate thousands of people daily for both work and leisure. The towering Two ifc is Hong Kong island's pre-eminent landmark and an enduring symbol of the region's robust financial vigour.

mos2.jpg

97730275.jpg

96457680.jpg

And when illuminated, the building's triumphant finials transform into a shimmering beacon welcoming visitors to the city. With almost 3 million square feet of prime business district office space and unusually large floorplates, One and Two ifc are ideally suited to financial institutions who require spacious, open-plan trading floors.

mos10.jpg

hongkongisland3may12012.png

hongkongisland6may12012.png

BIG STUFF!

Hong_Kong_Night_Skyline.jpg

Go here to see it in Full size (4000x1000 approx)

Hope you liked this, see you all soon for more HK madness  11.gif

TowerDude

Lippo center

lippo1_4_6.jpg

REPLIES

Tepodon - Well here ya go!

Reikhardt - Well sptted :P

Samerton - hehe! here it is!

Tankmank : you will be able to evaluate

ImVhOzzi : Ha! hope you like it

chickenz : thanks, it's nice

Lippo Center

Hello, and this is a new victoria Island not the one from the first update, I really hope you like it!

56634159.jpg

Located in Admiralty, the Lippo Center, Hong Kong is a skyscraper. The lofty buildings are a pair of twin office towers. Once a property of Bond Corporation, it was known as the Bond Center. Later when the pair of buildings was taken over by the Lippo Group, it was renamed as Lippo Center, Hong Kong.

The taller of the two buildings of the Lippo Center, Hong Kong is hundred and eighty six meters tall. Designed by Paul Rudolph, an American architect, the buildings look like koalas clutching to a tree. Hence, this twin office towers is also known as "the Koala Tree" in Hong Kong. The construction of the Lippo Center, Hong Kong was completed in 1987. Due to its plaid history the local Chinese people believe that the building has a bad Feng Shui.

27571327.jpg

The Lippo Center, Hong Kong is ideally located to offer easy access to all parts of the city. The two lofty pair of buildings nestles in the center of the commercial district of the city. International banks, popular eateries, five star hotels and large shopping malls all line around the Lippo Center, Hong Kong

46781108.jpg

One of the most identified landmarks the Lippo Center, Hong Kong have two buildings. The shorter building has 44 floors and is one seventy two meter tall and the taller building with its 48 floors is one eighty six meters tall. The Lippo Center, Hong Kong houses a number of professional offices both national and international. A very modern building, the Lippo Center offers the latest gadgets as office technology.

hongkongisland9aug11812.png

Located at 89 Queensway in Hong Kong, the Lippo Center, Hong Kong is visited by a large crowd to witness its intriguing décor. Admiralty, which was once famous for housing the headquarters of British navy, is now famous for the skyscraper, Lippo Center, Hong Kong.

supermosaic.jpg

And it's a new morning in Hong Kong, a new relentless day!

hongkongisland25aug1181.png

I hope you enjoyed this update! see ya soon!! 10.gif

TowerDude

Tian Tan Buddha

buddha-wallpaper-Tian-tan-buddha-statue.

REPLIES

TheMentalist : Thanks, i'm very happy you like it

Samerton : hehe10.gif

Tian Tan Buddha

Tian Tan Buddha (????) is an enormous 34 meter statue, one of the five giant Buddha statues in China, situated in Ngong Ping, Lantau Island. The statue comprises of 202 bronze pieces and with a total weight in excess of 250 tonnes it is the world's tallest outdoor seated bronze Buddha. The construction of the giant statue took nearly ten years to complete and was unveiled in 1993, with an estimated total cost of $68 million.

tianhenbudhha5oct031289.png

The Buddha is named after Tian Tan which is the Temple of Heaven in Beijing, but is also known as Po Lin Buddha because it is an integral part of the Po Li Monastery. The monastery initially known as the Big Hut was founded in 1906 by Zen masters Da Yue, Dun Xiu and Yue Ming of the Jin Shan Monastery of Zhe Jiang Province. It is the major centre of Buddhism in Hong Kong and major tourist attraction, especially with the induction of the Buddha statue adjacent to the monastery.

tianhenbudhha15nov01128.png

Tian Tan Buddha, positioned on a lotus throne surrounded by eight smaller bronze statues resembling gods, oversees the monastery which is build on a plateau rising 2,330 feet above sea level. Buddha's expression appears majestic and tranquil, symbolising the congruent relationship between people, nature, and religion. Tian Tan Buddha is the only statue of its kind that gazes towards the North; all other Giant Buddha statues gaze towards the South. Due to its immense weight the statue is internally supported by a steel metal framework and the Buddha is positioned on a three-platform altar. The elevated position of the entire platform comprises of 268 steps.

tianhenbudhha12nov03128.png

In addition to the Buddha statue and the monastery, Ngong Ping village is a host of additional attractions including the Monkey's Tale Theatre and the Ngong Ping Tea House, so it is advisable to allow a full day for the trip to that small cultural village of Lantau Island. The Tung Chung station of the Mass-Transit Railway (MTR) or the ferry to Mui Wo (Silvermine Bay) from the Central Pier are the two available options for reaching the Island. Both Tung Chung and Mui Wo offer a bus service to Ngong Ping (services No.23 and No.2 respectively), but the best choice of transportation is the brand new Ngong Ping 360 (NP360) cable car from Tung Chung Town Centre. NP360 provides a 5.7km duplex link interconnecting Tung Chung and Ngong Ping, making it the ideal way of reaching Po Lin. The cable car offers two intermediate stations; one in Airport Island and one at Nei Lak Shan. Opening times for Tian Tan Buddha and Po Lin Monastery are between 10:00am and 5:45pm and the admission fee is HK$60. The NP360 cable car service runs 10:00am to 6:00pm (Monday to Friday) and 10:00am to 6:30pm (Saturday and Sunday). More details, timetables, ticket prices and packages are available via the Ngong Ping 360 official website.

Text from http://www.hkatlas.com/hk/sightseeing/new-territories/tian-tan-buddha

tianhenbudhha4jun031289.png

tianhenbudhha14jul04128.png

THE BIG QUESTION!!

If you remeber two months ago when this all started I started with the central district, now I would like to redo it, what do you think,

I think my City buildings skills are better now and i hope to :

-Have the real HK trams

-Have a Better placing scale

-Have Seawalls

-Extra BAT's

-More Life in general

Should I, or should I not? I would really like to hear what you think

HK Trams

My skills in modding are a bit 11.gif (VERY Bad)

Yet I have BATed 3 HK trams (texture variations), and by fidlind in LE I can find the Textures of the GLR and make something that looks good, saddly it's only Eye-Candy,

I am not the type of guy who requests anything, but if someone has the modding skills and would like to do it, then it's green to go, just comment here or PM me and i'll send you the Tram SC4.models or whatever it is you need

THANK YOU!! I am really happy we are almost at 15000 views & at 4.40/5 which i am very happy about, I would like to really thank all of you who have been reading & commenting

94207472XgAHeQ_fs.jpg

TowerDude

Kowloon South End

InterContinental_Hong_Kong_Exterior_%28N

REPLIES

Samerton: Thank you 4.gif

Tankmank: Yes, thnak you, but you know it'll still take some time

Lesgaz : Merci Beaucoup 10.gif

Intercontinental and around

88886978.jpg

IMG_7557.JPG

And the rain came

IMG_7586.JPG

35410391.jpg

And then the night came

victoriaharbour2oct3161.png

victoriaharbour4oct3161.png

victoriaharbour30sep316.png

And in the morning the rain continued over the city

68591851.jpg

IMG_7571.JPG

Join me tommorow when we go and see Buddha! 6.gif

TowerDude

Mong Kok Teaser

CIMG2865.JPG

REPILES

ImVhOzzi : Thanks a lot!

Tankmank: Thanks for dropping by, sometime maxis buildings do appear 15.gif

Samerton : Thanks!

Tigeria: ohh! you are a Connaisseur 10.gif

HongKong: Hey thanks, I hope you like it!

Mong Kok Teaser

If you want to go to the typical sights you see on postcards, you won't not be disappointed in Mongkok.

You should go in the evening after dark because then you can see the shop signs lit up in all kinds of Neon Lights in Chinese - just like what you see on postcards. It is in the heart of Kowloon and reachable by MTR.

29133479.jpg

79480718.jpg

kowloon20oct18912891544.png

See you next time for the full glam version of it!

TowerDude

Park Central

Park_Central.jpg

REPLIES

Timmystwin - lol :P

YorkshireLlama - Really :O that's nice

Tankmank - Sorry not yet :(

tigeria - Oh thanks a lot man

ImVhOzzi - You'd better 10.gif

Lesgaz - Non, je n'habite pas au Japon, mais juste a coté de la france!

jj88 - Thanks a lot

Samerton - thanks for dropping by

I said i'd be doing Mong Kok, and i studied the Google streetview and I saw that they're some building i'd need, so I'm currently BATing some Mong Kok blocks for the update day 29.gif

Park Central

Park Central at 9 Tong Tak Street in Tseung Kwan O is at the centre of the area's transportation network. The three-storey mall has 350,000 sq.ft. of total floor area and is next to the Tseung Kwan O MTR station. The mall contains a diverse mix of retailers and restaurants.

46554699.jpg

12669632.jpg

60948713.jpg

41579214.jpg

79277129.jpg

parkcentral4jun26128854.png

parkcentral5aug25128854.png

parkcentral11sep2512885.png

parkcentral1jul26128854.png

TowerDude

The Center

IMG_1802.jpg

REPLIES

thepokemaniac : I already did it have a look in the earlier updates

Schulmanator : You6.gif →No Cats in HK 11.gif

Tigeria : Thank you 29.gif

Mastof : Yes quite a bit

the Duke : Thanks a lot

Tankmank : This not your update, it's up next

Capitalstar - It's the goal

THE CENTER

1712929925_ad8cbee6c9_o.jpg

This 80-storey commercial building, located at 99 Queen's Road Central, covers a site area of 8,816 sq m. The Center is largely devoted to office units with some retail at ground levels. The building has a splendid entrance hall on the sixth floor, while the 42nd floor is a skylobby which doubles as a viewing area. Other facilities include a day-nursery, public open spaces, landscaping areas and at least 350 parking spaces in the underground carpark.

eastside18mar5912880960.png

The project used four 24 m caissons as the principal foundation. Each caisson was formed by 30 vertical slurry wall panels arranged in a circular section. Excavation was carried out in the middle, which transformed each caisson into a very big shaft. The slurry walls were excavated by a trench cutting machine known as the "hydrofraise", which uses bentonite slurry as the soil supporting agent as does normal diaphragm wall construction. The hydrofraise removes the excavated materials automatically from the trench and reuse the slurry afterward through the "desanding" process. The average depth of the 24 m diameter caissons was about 45 m. After excavation was completed to the required depth, a 4.5 m deep reinforced concrete raft resting on bedrock was constructed to take up the future loads of the building through a composite column cluster. Some of the parameter walls required for the basement excavation were constructed in the form of bore pile walls by rotary drilling method.

40320907.jpg

The basement and podium used reinforced concrete and composite columns, while the office tower used a structural steel frame; the best combination for the fast-track project - which originally had a 730-day contract period. The structural steel members for the tower came from Taiwan, the Philippines and Japan, and weighed about 32,000 tonnes altogether. It is also the first building of this size in Hong Kong constructed entirely in structural steel without any reinforced concrete inner core. In order to compensate for the loss in rigidity, the addition of complicated bracing members were required.

33908110.png

Due to the building's size and the congested urban environment, material delivery had been one of the major challenges in construction. As a result, a well-planned material delivery schedule prepared and updated under close coordination with the major suppliers and subcontractors had to be made from time to time. The project had also made use of four lifts, two material hoists, and four tower cranes, so that internal transportation can be maintained quickly and conveniently within the entire construction period.

Paul Y-ITC Construction & Engineering Co Ltd

eastside11apr5912880962.png

Here is a last pic, and as promissed I will do Mong Kok very soon

83803980.jpg

TowerDude

Kowloon West Corridor

hk10cj.jpg

REPLIES

→ What is coming up next

lmVhOzzi - Thank you

Tigeria - here is an update for ya ;)

→ Eastern Corridor

Samerton : thanks a lot :D

74952474 : Thank you :)

lmVhOzzi- Ah nice of you!

p_Kitaro - Thanks a lot, but i don't thinks it's Bamboo :P

The Duke - 10.gif

tankmank, I'm happy you liked it! :D

Kowloon West Corridor

After the eastern Corridor it is one of the most used motorways in Hong Kong. It is also there were the famous junker ships are.

Junker ship yard

25108392.jpg

kowloon7may170128782883.png

kowloon1jun170128782913.png

15570965.jpg

Harbour green

www.harbourgreen.com.hk/en/ceo.clubhouse.1.html

56192202.jpg

kowloon29apr17012878288.png

74953993.jpg

This is my region view now!

hk1287829349.png

So thats it for today, but where will we go next→ YOU CHOOSE What you want to see ;)

TowerDude

What's coming up

Region view

This is my current region view over Kowloon and Victoria Island

hk1287319210.png

So guess what!!!? → I'm in holyday, this mean i might not update that much, but i'll be building like hell 11.gif

I plan and hope to have Kowloon done quite soon, and be ready to do more updates ;)

And also also plan on uploading the region soon enough,

well i'd better start building ;)

TowerDude

Eastern Corridor

HongKong017_edited.JPG

REPLIES

TekindusT : Wow! Thank you 43.gif

Reikhardt : Thanks a lot

Paulobergonci, Yes it is an Awesome building 21.gif

Tankmank : Thanks 29.gif

Tigeria : Thank you, the photoshopping was actully quik :P

DanniBee : I'll sned you a link ;)

Guibanz_ : Alway good to see you here :)

Here is some mighty info on it  hkie.cvd.annualconference.i-wanna.com/download/Session%204_Infrastructure%20Solutins%20for%20Tomorrow%20_revised__R10_AECOM_AC.pdf

Island Eastern Corridor Link

The Central-Wan Chai Bypass (CWB) and the Island Eastern Corridor Link (IECL) will connect the Rumsey Street Flyover Extension (Route 7) with the Island Eastern Corridor (Route 8) to form a continuous expressway along the new Central and Wan Chai Reclamation on the north shore of Hong Kong Island.

AECOM’s scope of work encompasses review, design, tender and construction phase services, including:

• Civil geotechnical, drainage, sewerage, water, structural and electrical works;
  • Mechanical and instrumentation works including lighting, tunnel vehicles, ventilation, traffic signs

and traffic control and surveillance;

46628482.jpg

97706731.jpg

29843557.jpg

46249077.jpg

33389048.jpg

19249603.jpg

easterncorridor25jan451h.png

In the mountain there are the villas of the rich businessmen and land owners, It there that people lived in colonial times

63047388.jpg

That's it for today join me sonn for a trip to Kowloon

TowerDude

Tung Chung Part 2

20091206btungchungcresc.jpg

REPLIES

Skimbo : Thank for the comment, does it mean you rated 5 first time around 10.gif??

TekindusT : I was there even before 18.gif

DCMetro34 :Thanks a lot ;)

Tankmank : Tank you :D

Guibanez_ : Happy you enjoyed it

Paulobergonci : Yes, and here too :D

Tung Chung Part 2

Before the massive estates and the huge airport around here, there was a little village with fishmongers and classic chinese architecture.

In 1994 when Hong Kong decided to build the new aiport this hole places was planed and built. It isn't finished yet, the current population is of 22000 habitants, the expected population is 25000.

63152040.jpg

Tung Chung Crescent

img.aspx?dir=200507&name=25cpal00011610G

Here are some weird "things" inside the crescent

Tung%20Chung%20Crescent%20002.jpg

Tung%20Chung%20Crescent%20001.jpg

You can still see the rest of the old village of Tung Chung in the background

54393938.jpg

90980884.jpg

It quite often rains in Hong Kong, A typhoon soon, maybe ?.....

46071606.jpg

24672344.jpg

crescentlantau2jul12012.png

crescentlantau3jan12112.png

crescentlantau14sep1201.png

crescentlantau24aug1201.png

46673327.jpg

So that's it for Today's update :D, Tommorow we'll go back on Victoria Island.

Take care! 10.gif

TowerDude

I once addressed the possibility of making BAT's using sketchup in here. And yes I have found a way, so here it is

Sketchup to Gmax (100% free)

cuisine.jpg

Hello everyone

This is a thread tutorial I don't know where it stands ? But I hope to tell you how to open a SU file in Gmax you will need some programms for that, but they are free

You will need

1-Sketchup → which you already might have if not → http://sketchup.google.com/download/

sketchup_logo.png

2-Kerkythea echo edition → http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_remository&Itemid=43

kerkythealogo.jpg

3-SU2KT → http://www.kerkythea.net/joomla/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=35&Itemid=1

4-KT2OBj → http://www.nicetuna.com/kt2obj

5-Blender → http://www.blender.org/download/get-blender/

blender_logo.png

6-GMAX&SC4 Bat → just look in the omnibus 2.gif you know where to find it

7-Python 2,6 → http://python.org/download/

I-Installing everything

1-Kerkythea,Sketchup,Blender & GMAX – Simply install like any other programm on your PC

2-SU2KT- Download it and open the readme it wil tell you very well what to do

3-KT2OBJ- It comes as a zip, just unzip

4-GMAX &SC4 Bat look the omnibus

II- Let's go!

So the objetctif is to import this house sucsessfully into GMAX

00000000tuto1.jpg

---------------------------------------Step -1------------------------------------------

If everything worked out correctly you should get the exporter sandbox

Export by clicking there! ( in the red square)

00000000tuto2.jpg

Save it to your Desktop (or wherever) At this point when it finishes it says open in Kerkythea, say no.

It will save you to things

• XML file

• TX_name (texture file)

---------------------------------------Coffee Break-------------------

ppffeww after all this hard work you need a break open kerythea and open your XML in Kerkythea

The right green man starts the render

The left countryside picture shows you  your rendered image

00000000tuto5.jpg

renderhome.jpg

Wow!!!

--------------------------------------Step -2 -------------------------------------------

After this brief and very gratifying break it is time to get to work again

00000000tuto3.jpg

---------------------------------Step -3 Work in Blender-------------------------------------

Open up Blender and simply import the ,obj file

00000000tuto8.jpg

Voilà!

00000000tuto9.jpg

Now! Export as a 3ds. I tried DXF but the results were disapointing (No textures and the house is half done,) Export where Blender tells you to (most likely to work)

00000000tuto10.jpg

DXF – Autocad File

3ds - 3dmax file

--------------------------------Step 4 -------------------------

In GMAX – SC4 BAT

Simply locate and import your 3ds and there you a textured House!! ready for SC4MODEL export!

00000000tuto11.jpg

Just go okay on all it asks

00000000tuto13.jpg

00000000tuto14.jpg

So there you go ! now simply apply nightlights and export the SC4 model!

Look at the omnibus

I really hope it helped you

unique FAQ

why can't i just import the DAE in Blender??

google has encrypted the DAE file on the Free version of sketchup. making it impossible to import in Blender

PS- You have to be careful in Skechup, If you want some good in GMAX be sure your Sketchup model is awesome.

Stuff like textured cubes from the warehoude won't work well at all. And for the love of god do not upload warehouse model without permission

Any other concerns,trouble and comments ay be posted on the thread http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=37&threadid=118035&STARTPAGE=1

Redscope is also making a tutorial, however it is different. but they both work and give results.

TowerDude

Tung Chung Part 1

image034l.jpg

Replies

Samerton - thanks man!

Skimbo- i am happy you liked it there are more cars this time

Towerdude- Ehhh....

Guibanez_ : thank you for your kind comment :D

Reikhardt : LOL! They are comin' to get ya'

hotChocolate : wow Thank you

Tigeria : thanks a lot!!!

Tung Chung Part-1 meaning 'eastern stream', is an area situated on the north-western coast of Lantau Island in hong Kong. Tung Chung, currently one of the latest generation of New towns, was formerly a rural village around Tung Chung Wan, and along the delta and lower courses of Tung Chung River and Ma Wan Chung in the north-western coast of Lantau Island. The area was once a major defense stronghold against pirates and foreign military during Ming and Qing dynasties

Seaview crescent

This is still under construction in hong Kong, But it is certainly as far as Hong Kong mega estates can go....or is it!

48165910.jpg

16563124.jpg

59609643.jpg

Carribean coast

CaribbeanCoast_20060531_028.jpg

49429816.jpg

High-rise Towers

There are 13 high-rise towers in total. The towers of each phase are collectively named after a place in the caribbean. In deference to western and oriental superstitions there are no blocks 4, 13 or 14.

In Phase I during 2003 four towers were released; Monterey Cove 1, 2, 3, 5. Phase II released in 2004 had Albany Cove 6, 7, 8. In 2005, completion of four more towers including Carmel 9, 10, 11, 12 in Phase III. The name of Phase IV is omitted as taboo in Cantonese.

Phase V finished in 2007 conclude with the last two towers, Crystal Cove 15, 16.

All towers are about 170.0 m high and are 54 stories except for Monterey Cove 1 (which is only 164.0 m and hold 52 stories) and Albany Cover 6. Apartment sizes range from 636 to 1,295 sq ft (120.3 m2). Floor-to-floor height measures up to 9 ft 7 in (2.92 m) All units have balconies, except for those on 33rd floor and below in phase 1.

crescentlantau15may7412.png

Garden Houses

According to the latest amendment plan, a total of 56 houses will be built. Each house is 4-storey high and size from 3,000 sq ft (280 m2) to 3,800 sq ft (350 m2) each, attached with private ground garden. The original plan was to build 10 low-rise buildings as be part of Phase VI.

crescentlantau20apr7412.png

crescentlantau22apr7412.png

Clubhouse

The clubhouse features many facilities, including a putting range, gym, swimming pool, function rooms, a silent reading room, and a bowling alley. Lessons in hobbies such as dancing and cooking are also provided.

crescentlantau9jun74128w.png

Caribbean Bazaar Shopping Arcade

Retail Floor Area : 4,996 m². Wet Market Floor Area: 508 m²

In 2005, the Lands Department issued a Waiver to allow the Wet Market to be combined as part of the supermarket.

crescentlantau18apr7412.png

crescentlantau13jun7412.png

crescentlantau16mar7412.png

crescentlantau18jun7412.png

Finally I leave you with a mosaic of the whole area

hkmosaic2.jpg

hkmosaic2.jpg

Bye for now, see ya soon 18.gif

Hong Kong Is Watching YOU!!!

00gkioxpr9h.gifLarge Visitor Globe" play="true" loop="true" menu="true">

TowerDude

Hung Hom Peninsula

5638222.jpg

Replies

Tankman - Yes, so Is this update

TekinusT - Thank you very very much

Balliam 12 - Thank you

Guibanz_: I am happy you did!

Tigeria : Itz a secret 3.gif, Paulvmontford made a BAT of them here http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=22257

Samerton : Thank You

Hung Hom Peninsula

hkhh1.jpg

Land lease was granted to First Star Development, a joint-venture of New World Development and Wai Kee Holdings, at a tender price of HK$583 million. The land plot was sited for the construction of "Hunghom Peninsula". This was in compliance with the HKSAR Government's "Private Sector Participation Scheme" (PSPS), allowing private developers to build Home Ownership Scheme (HOS) flats conforming to certain specifications stipulated by the Government.

hkhh2.jpg

The towers are 40 floors high

Some info from economists and project devloppers

The flat sale price of $38,000/m2 net ($3,021 psf gross) was arrived at by comparison with transactions in Royal Peninsula, a nearby development with Occupation Permit (OP) issued in December 2000 and Phases 4 & 9 of Whampoa Gardens, the closest phases of that

development to Hung Hom Peninsula, with OPs of December 1987 and December 1988.

Royal Peninsula is a high quality development with luxurious finishes. Despite OP having been issued in December 2000, the developers were still selling units in the latter part of 2003 and the prices averaged about $52,700/m2 ($3,890 psf gross). Flats in Whampoa

Gardens (15 storeys over one storey of lobbies/shops) were fetching an average of about $32,000/m2 net ($2,620 psf gross).

Even with upgrading, the Hung Hom Peninsula flats would be well below the standard of the Royal Peninsula and although new, the

design is akin to that of the older Whampoa Gardens. Accordingly, a rate of $38,000/m2 for Hung Hom Peninsula was considered appropriate.

hkhh3.jpg

Tommorow I hope to at last to the Part 2 in the Wanchai District. "Until then take care!" Jeremy Clarkson

HONG KONG SPY MAP

0tskg569rdj.gifLarge Visitor Globe" play="true" loop="true" menu="true">

TowerDude

Pacific Place

070225hongkongnorthwanc.jpg

Replies

Skimbo - I am happy you like it :D

gbeast16 - Thanks a lot "XieXie in chinese" ;)

The Duke - It is a great landmark tower :D

DCmetro34: Yes I have almost everything from the stex,  some of it does come from japanese sites

Guibanez_ - Nice to see you ;)

Blakeway - Thank you :) Yes I do love the Central plaza aswell

Tigeria - Thanks a bunch, i'm happy you dropped by :D

pacificplace.jpg

http://www.pacificplace.com.hk/en/

47084536216cae81d6db.jpg

If malls had star ratings, Hong Kong Pacific Place shopping mall would be a five star. This is one of Hong Kong top 5 shoping mall .The Hong Kong Pacific Place mall is a dazzling selection of upmarket, international boutiques from Armani to Versace and just about everything in between. This is not the place for a bargain, nor is it the place to haggle, but if you’re looking for something fresh from the fashion shows of Paris and London this is the place to come. You’ll also find top notch hangbag and jewellery shops, although these also tend to be international rather than Chinese or Asian.

The all also has some equally impressive, and expensive, restaurants, including the excellent Zen, ideal for Dim Sum, and Thai Basil. The mall is also home to Hong Kong’s only Dan Ryan’s outlet, often packed with businessmen pouring over the Wall Street Journal or US expats holding reunions. You’ll also find a pair of five star hotels, the Island Shangri-La and JW Mariott and a cinema.

victoriaharbour16oct314.png

Well that's it for this little update see you soon for Wanchai Part  2

TowerDude

Wanchai District part 1

070225hongkongnorthwanc.jpg

Replies

From the wampoa garden update

Vlasky - Thank you, I fixed it 12.gif

Samerton - Thank you! fixed now :P

Paulobergonci - Gracias amigo

Guibanez_- Thank you

Tankman - Yes there are a lot of towers i can't see myself living there

_marsh_: What 6.gif weird

Retep Molinari: It is sometimes

From the Square earth Round heaven update

Skimbo - They are 14.gif

Sc4Player - 29.gif you are right

Jamonbread - Don't worry it is never getting built10.gif

K50Dude - Yes, someone should 18.gif

Samerton - Nope, they won't

Timmystwin - It would fit in Simmars 37.gif and for the comparaison it is a bit 14.gif but very true

Paulobergonci - Ehh..How could I say?? a bunch of ugly towers

Tigeria - Yes vases!!

Guibanz_ : you are spot on 21.gif

Tepodon: I actually found it's twin in Tokyo!! a city with which you are familiar

It's called the X-Seed

128499440914886250.jpg

Blakeway : Werner Panton style to be precise 3.gif

hongkong.jpg

Wanchai District

ust east of the Central District and west of Causeway Bay Wanchai is an interesting area.

It can roughly be divided into three sections: the new northern section along theHarbor & the mid section, and the southern section at the foothill..

Central Plaza -18 Harbour Road

http://www.centralplaza.com.hk/eng/index.php

Height

- 374 metres to the top of the spire, 78 storeys with 58 storeys office space

Structure

- Reinforced concrete

Granite

- 720 tonnes covering 40,060 square metres (area equivalent to 9 standard football

pitches)

Glass

- 50,000 square metres (area equivalent to 11 standard football pitches)

Lift

- 39 computerized high-speed lifts

Population

- Total working population in the building is about 6,000

wanchaimos1.jpg

wanchaimos2.jpg

Southorn Center - 130 Hennessy Road

victoriaharbour20oct314.png

southorn.jpg

Hong Kong Academy for Performing Arts

victoriaharbour3jul3111.jpg

Sun Hung Kai Center

sunghungkai.jpg

victoriaharbour27aug311.png

Join me tommorow for the second part of the wanchai district, and a better look at the pacific place

Timelapse video 2

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c8c_1257590931 go there there is an awesome video please watch in full screen it's in HD! Don't click the add link 2.gif on top

Hong Kong Spy - Find yourself

2adfwvg2s1s.gifLarge Visitor Globe" play="true" loop="true" menu="true">