The City of Noel

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

The Grey City

Entries in this City Journal

Treason04

DRIVER: "We're here sir, Copper Street. Dasha's shop is the to the far left, just over the street from starbucks. I'll be waiting just around the corner if you should need anything. Enjoy your trip."

CopperStreetOpeningz.jpg

DashaHardingz.jpg

Welcome welcome! I'm so glad that you could makei t. I told Jacob not to just fly by and not let you get a closer look at Shep-C! Needless to say this is my favorite part of the city, but I'm sure every other citizen will tell you the same about their township, lol! My father moved me and my sisters to Noel after my mother died. I was only seven, so I guess you could say I've lived here for almost all of my life. But enough talk lets get going. Just let me lock up shop and we'll head across the street. A few of the local community leaders and residents are serving refreshments in honor of your visit, just behind the community center. We'll quickly introduce you and then be off!

________________________________________________________________________________________________

CopperStreetCirclez.jpg

CopperStParkSummerV2-tiltshiftz.jpg

ShopsJabberz.jpg

'Jabber Street is a favorite hangout for the locals. The CBD can be a busy place. The mall and the market are usually crowded, and with tourism growing can be a pretty hectic place. But the village center on Jabber Street are lined with privately own shops and resteraunts. Coffee shops and outdoor cafes. They even close the streets around Jabber's Bend for live music atleast once a month; local artists mainly. You have to try one of these Shepherds Pretzels, a Shep-C original. '

JabberBendz.jpg

JabbersCornerWinterz.jpg

THE OLIVER CANAL

Jacob would kill me if I didn't take you along the Oliver Canal. We'll start along the section just south of the CBD and then move on. The canal was created simply as an early irrigation channel when most of this area was still farmland. It links to the larger Billows Creek and carries freshwater westward.

ShepCLevel3V3z.jpg

TheOliverCanalz.jpg

PiccoloSchoolz.jpg

OliverCanal2-tiltshiftz.jpg

PiccoloSchoolBackv1-tiltshiftz.jpg

ParselyLanez.jpg

OliverStadiumz.jpg

lastone.jpg

lasttwo.jpg

lastthree.jpg

'We'll follow the Pillow Road west to the church; and then we'll head south to rejoin the canal, just to the west of the M5'

ShepCLevel3V1z.jpg

PILLOW STREET CHURCH

This church is used as a homeless shelter at night. The shops around Pillow Street contribute a donation amount of their choice to support community programs that include combating poverty and investing in education. It was here that the nonprofit organization of Care Noel was founded.

pillowStreetz.jpg

PillowStreetLevel6v1z.jpg

PillowStreetLevel6v2z.jpg

NovemberLanez.jpg

ShepCLevel3v4z.jpg

BordersCanalz.jpg

ChurchofHopez.jpg

Station7z.jpg

HopeHallNitez.jpg

'It has truly been an honor to show you my little corner of Noel. I hope the tour wasn't too much of a bore! I'm sure as you move further into the city there will be more interesting landmarks to see. But you're no longer a stranger here in Shep-C. Enjoy the rest of your visit with us and remember . . . live free!'

4668624606_39a1727a80z.jpg

ShepCNitez.jpg

We have arranged your stay at another one of our hotels, this time the Hotel Karhu. An Asian inspired accomodation with great view overlooking Ezekiel Park. Be sure to try their room service, its some of the best food in the city. The car will be waiting in the morning to take you back to the helicopter, not sure sure where Jacob and you are headed next. Don't forget to let us know how your trip is going so far; good night.

Hotel-tiltshift2z.jpg

Treason04

fJacobBridgesPilot.jpg

Hey guys! Sorry for the late intro. I'm Jacob and I'll be your pilot for the remainder of your tour. What better way to take in the city than from the sky. Don't worry, we'll land occasionally and let you stretch your legs. A number of citizens have volunteered to act as hosts for their respective neigbhors and are anxious to show you the more detailed aspects of the city. Noel from high above and up close. Well....looks like ,'Shep-C' is next on our itinerary. Thats a local reference for Shepherds Cross. We'll be there shortly . . . . . wait . . . . .I think this is the mayor calling. He said he wanted to speak with you whenever you came back to the helicopter . . . . . here . . . . .

zphonecall.jpg

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ShepCWelcomez.jpg

CartoonShepCcaptionszz.jpg

GoodMorningz.jpg

M5Terminus1z.jpg

M5Terminus2z.jpg

ShepCBDv3Captionz.jpg

Marketlevel6z.jpg

Shepmarketlevel5z.jpg

CBDstreet-tiltshiftz.jpg

marketentrancenitez.jpg

CBDnitez.jpg

Shepnite1z.jpg

Shepnite2z.jpg

Churchnitez.jpg

HaberdsRoundM5Exitz.jpg

Shepnite3z.jpg

HOTEL KARHU

EzekielParkHeaderz.jpg

EzekielParkGreenEditedVersionz.jpg

ShepCBDv1z.jpg

HOBARD STREET

HobardStreetv1-tiltshiftz.jpg

TranquilBell1z.jpg

TranquilBell2z.jpg

ShepherdsHillParkAerialz.jpg

ShepHillParkV1z.jpg

ShepHillParkV4z.jpg

ShepHillParkV2invert-tiltshiftz.jpg

*Hey, I just recieved a call from a friend of mine who lives around here and she has agreed to give you a closer tour of the area if you're up to it. Her name is Dasha and she owns a novelty shop over on Copper Street, just across from the park actually. There's a car waiting for us at the local heliport. It will take you to her shop and she'll give you the tour from the locals perspective. Make sure you guys check out the canal. We'll land here and I'll give her a call and let her know you're on your way. See you in a bit . . . . .Landing-tiltshiftz.jpg

Treason04

Banner.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

2NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Oct9.jpg

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-No-3.jpg

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Nov18.jpg

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Nov24.jpg

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Oct17.jpg

AirCargoCenter-1.jpg

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Nov17.jpg

Below, the Cargolux Company have only been able to secure a modest operation at Feathersbridge. Space around the airport was developed quickly by industries looking to take advantage of the cargo capacity. A number of proposals have been submitted to the city by airport officials for expansion; including the construction a new airport to the northwest of the city that would be utilized specifically for air cargo operations.

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Ma-1.jpg

Maersk Star Operations along the West Terminal Road

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Oct24.jpg

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-No-2.jpg

City officials voted unanimously for the construction of a new Air Cargo Port in the northwest industrial districts of the city. Major Carriers Such as DHL and Cargolux will forward their operations to the new infastructure known simply as 'Cloud Harbor'. Airport officials have wasted no time in taking advantage of the new space and development is under way for the expansion of Terminal 4.

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Dec13.jpg

The former site of DHL has been cleared at Feathersbridge and officials are currently finalizing the details of the project.

NoelFeatherBridgeInternationa-Jul29.jpg

*BREAKING NEWS*

Air carrier Lufthansa has been named the primary operator for the newest section of terminal space, known as 4B. Though a major carrier in the simworld, their presence had been limited due to lack of space and a mandate by the city to offer substantial opportunities to smaller and more affordable discount carriers. Ground has been broken and construction is underway.

Terminal4Expansion2-tiltshift-1.jpg

4BWelcome.jpg

Terminal4EntranceCaption.jpg

T4B-tiltshift.jpg

Terminal4BCaption.jpg

AirportDiagram.jpg

This concludes our tour of the Feathersgate Township and we cetainly hope you have enjoyed your time with us so far. Accomodations have been arranged for you at the White Lion Hotel (pictured below). A light brunch will be served in the morning and a car will be waiting to take you back to the helicopter. I believe Shepherd's Cross is next on your itinerary. Please let us know how your trip is so far. Rest easy and be free.

FeathersgateClosingCaption.jpg