Sign in to follow this  
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Follow Robert Guerra in the city of Birmingham. An ALL MAXIS city.

Entries in this City Journal

_marsh_

Through Almead

(note)- I know you cant see the words near that circle, (stupid jpgs :mrred: ), it says, US 15 - Route 64 Interchange

I woke up in the morning and headed out to eat breakfast downstairs. The mayor told me the school was just completed. I wondered, how? It turns out thats theres a factory in Cleavland that makes schools, and one was airlifted in overnight.

Dont wory, the rest of the things will be realistic, i was just bored at that moment. :P

After the night it was time to leave Velero Valley, (Mayor was talking my ear off), I head back down Presidential way away from him.

The highway would have definitly been faster, but I felt like taking the scenic route. I headed north on Deanwood Road. The main way though town, other than the highway. The highway was only built a few years ago. The massive amount of suburban sprawl is to blame for its need.

So I headed up Deanwood. It runs adjacent to the highway for almost its entire lenghth. Traffic in it is very minimal since the highways construction.

Further up I reached The Richmod Avenues Interchanges. The Avenues splits in order to go around the high-tension power lines that travle though town. Richmont Avenue heads east into Pentcon from here.

The road now was almost completly empty. Only the ghosts, of vehicles that once have been. Even the hospital had berly any cars in it. Im starting to think that Velero Valley was just a fad of a building boom those 10 years ago when the fist shopping complex was built.

The Velero Hospital was built 5 years ago. It can house over 2,000 patients, not including the Cancer Center behind it.

The further down the road I went, the buildings didnt look any less dead. The 5 shops near an offramp didnt even have any people visiting. Only For Sale signs in the windows.

As I saw Velero High, I saw a massive school. Its the bigest in any of the eastern suburbs of Birmingham area. Its sunday today. That could explain a little bit for the lack of cars.

There was a large shopping center that I drove by. Again, berly any people. It was a large development, and I was still surprised that there was noone out.

I had to get back on the highway here. I was told that Almead St. Dead-ended in the town of Almead. So I turned back onto US 15 near this small area, which looked like its own little town.

The highway headed up this pretty steep hill. small mounds in the way were just cut right through so that it didnt have to wind up it like Almead St. did.

Almead apears a little dead town on the hill. Its at the end of a dead-end road. I was informed of a prject here which I would be helping to plan. A road to connect with the rest of the city, (currently US 15 is the only way out) and also an interchange in Almead.

I soon aproched the county line. Out of Velero Valley, into Delta County.

Soon I aproched Route 64. It was built in a strange way. The grade was too steep for an interchange anywere else, so the highways were run paralle to eachother, untill the top of the hill were theere was a larger expanse of flat land.

I then headed east down Route 64 to find a hotel nearby. I passed thee local powerplant. Lots of retaining wall had to be built when the highway was carved through, due to the buildings proximity to the route.

I took the Carbine interchange and saw this beautiful Bed&Breakfast near the road. It was only 6:00, but I decided to just stay for the rest of the day and night.

To be continued....

[images resized. Please keep all pics within the 800x600 or 600x800 pixel limit. Thanks! - Chptrk]

_marsh_

First Arivals

The Travels of Robert Guerra; 99.9% Vanilla, 100% Interactive

Hi, I'm Robert Guerra, you can call be Bert. Im a city planner and i have decided to move to the city of Birmingham. Its a large city in the midwest. I've been invited to be a city planner for the greater Birmingham Metropolitan area. Birmingham is a very large city, so theyll definitly be much to do.

I've been driving down U.S.15 for a day now. Through... farms... Its been so much fun... yea... fun. I finaly reached the Chinook coast, and could see the suburbs of Velero Valley in the distance. Together, in all the townships of Velero county ther are over 10,000 people. My new boss, Franklin Scott, (Frank) said wed be dealing with alot in Velero, since it is the one of the fastest growing regions in the Birmingham Metropolitan area. Many residents are moving here, since it feels like a whole seperate city.

Finaly I've reached the end of the farms. The semi-ruged Chinook coast. The highway here is pretty spread out.

I saw the city comming closer. THe highway became more "compact", I guess as to allow suburbs as more room to encroach.

(sorry bout this pic. I guess I forgot to PS it. :\ )

I arived at the first sign of civilization, the Chinook windfarm. My boss Frank said its the largest windfarm in the city, built only last year. Its the power sorce for the entire Velero Valley area.

(Finaly, Civilization!) I arived at the Latha street interchange. I needed to get off the highway. I was going to meet with the Mayor of the city of Velero. However I was getting kinda hungry.

"Hmm... The Llama Bar... looks like an interesting place. I go in, eat some crappy bar food, grab a drink and be on my way."

"The mayor lives down this street... Presidential Way. Sounds fancy."

The mayor lived at the end of a small cul de-sack. It was a very nice house, however there were some other more elegant ones. Including a nice victorian style one. The area inbetween the Chinook and Pentcon coasts are becoming a very atractive place for people. Big buisness men, lottery winners, many are moving to the calm sshores near Velero valley.

Bert: Nice to meet you mayor Fitzgerald.

Fitz: Welcome Franklin.

Bert: I am a new city planner for the greater Birmingham Met.....

Fitz: Yes I know, the govener said youd be coming.

,com in and join me for dinner.

Bert:I already ate, but alright.

*I had an enjoyable dinner then Mr. Fitzgeraldd called me into his office*

We talked for a while. Mayor Fitzgerald showed me a plan he had for nearby Pentcon. (note: All of Velero county resides under one mayor)

The plan was for a new highschool was for on a hill. I don't know why, thers plenty of other spaces... I guse the suburbs need more room to sprawl. It was to be located near the Elementary school. A field would also be built. The Mayor asked me what I thought. I said it was a great idea.

What do you think?

It was getting late. Fitzgerald invited me to stay the night in a guest room. I acepted. It was a beautiful room.

to be continued...

[images resized. Please keep all images within the 800x600 or 600x800 pixel limit. Thanks! - Chptrk]

_marsh_

Intro

Vanillavile is a city. A simple city. Without the NAM, a terrain mod... or anything else for that matter. Cept one thing... a water mod. (because the original water is that horid :-? )

In the story of this journal, we will follow Robert Guerra, a city planner moving to the metropolis of Birmingham. We wil follow his journey and life of a planner, in this city designed by maxis engineers.

***The rest of this post is reserved***

Sign in to follow this