• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A unique Middle Eastern CJ that got nominated for Best Detail in 2010 and 2011

Entries in this City Journal

Evillions

The end...

I might as well end this CJ on a good note. After giving some thought and consideration, I feel its best for me to end Onubis and leave AIN due to my busy schedule and lack of motivation of SC4 in general. Does this mean I will go back to SC4? Depends if my interest sparks again, then I'll start anew with a different nation. For now, I'll have to end this.

My never released photos in its unedited glory:

Van Holksa

VanHolksa-Jul13511304733897.png

Ido

IdoNorth-Apr6121344830198.png

Ido-Sep10111344232316.png

Gurreo: The Latin Wasteland

Gurreo-Feb15561328823438.png

Gurreo-Jan23561328823336.png

Gurreo-Jan15561328823094.png

Onubis in the Arab Spring...

GobarEast-Jan15261351921539.png

GobarEast-Mar4261351921825.png

Cya guys!

Evillions

Well, it has been a while since I have updated this CJ. Although I did had time before to make new updates, I got lazy and wanted a break from SC4. :P At least now I'm back and ready to play some more SC4. Here is something I have in store:

gobar_east-1a.jpg

Stay tuned for more! ;)

Evillions

I feel I should say this now than later.

I will have to put this CJ on hiatus for a while, my school is about to start in about a week. By that time, I will be extremely busy with school work, a college-entrance exam, and extra-curricular activities. I will try to update once in a month, but I highly doubt I will have enough time for that. I hope all of you understand this, and by no means this CJ will be ending.

Evillions

Ever since the people of the Arab World protested for increased human rights and less corruption, riots broke out in Egypt, Libya, and other nations. Though no outside nations helped the people, they successfully overthrew their leaders. What if foreign nations did help the people? What if it happened in Onubis? In a hypothetical scenario, the United States did intervene in a civil war in Onubis.

--------------------------

With increasing human right abuses and government corruption, the people of Onubis can not handle the current situation any longer. Since this spark, people formed militias across the nation, attacking the military, government officials, etc. As a result, the Onubisan president swiftly acted by ordering the military to hunt down these militias. As the situation grew worse, U.S. President Barrack Obama initially urged the Onubisan president to step down peacefully. Like most leaders, he refused and continued the war. Several months later, President Obama militarily supported the rebels. Day by day, the Onubisan military weaken as they were no match compared to the superior U.S. military.

InsurgentOutpost-1.jpg

The battlefield steadily moved towards urban environments. Although the people were urged to evacuate, they decided to support the U.S. military.

InsurgentOutpost-2.jpg

The Onubisan president frantically panicked and issued martial law across the nation. He knew this day is coming and will not back down without a fight. Secretly, he arranged meetings with his allies, hoping to garner foreign military support and restore order.

Gobar-10.jpg

To be continued...

Evillions

Ido

Somewhere in near Tokyo, Japan, resides a small yet bustling city; Ido.

Ido-2.jpg

Though most of its residents work near Tokyo, more businesses are steadily alluring its own residents.

ido-3.jpg

In the outskirts of Ido resides the poorer residents, most of them work in either local shops or farms.

ido_north-1.jpg

Only a few people can afford in these houses as these cost around ten million yen. Despite this pricing, the area's education is ranked the lowest in the prefecture. Therefore, only old citizens live here.

IdoNorth-2.jpg

Evillions

Zain

Going west from Rashed lays the most unique town in Onubis, Zain. This small town is known of its grassland and scenic ocean view.

Zain-1.jpg

Another notable difference from the rest of Onubis is its unique architecture. Zain's architecture features a shade of white and consists of recycled material, making it a green architecture style.

Zain-2.jpg

To accommodate for the large amount of tourists, series of hotels were built such as this one.

Zain-3.jpg

For the richer tourists, the dock has a Mediterranean styled beach house. Due to its high desirability, reservations are made in three months in advance.

Zain-4.jpg

Last but not least, the regional view...

onubis1.png

Evillions

Rashed

Welcome to Rashed!

Male-1.jpg

This district alone accounts more than half of Gobar's fish-related products. Mainly, the fish caught are cod or tuna. After the fish is caught, they are stored in these warehouses.

Male-3.jpg

Aside from the fishing industry, Rashed attracts thousands of tourists weekly. The middle-class and lower usually stay at the Faruq Hotel.

Male-4.jpg

On the contrary, the upper-middle class and above would stay at the Rashed Hotel. Due to close proximity of the UNESCO Heritage Site, prices are in the 670 OD range (or $330 USD).

male-2.jpg

After the beach closes by 9:00PM, most of the nightlife occurs at the local clubs and bars.

male-5.jpg

Male-6.jpg

Evillions

Gobar East - 2

Welcome back to Gobar! The international airport has been expanded to accommodate for the recent cargo terminal. Although the terminal is relatively small, it is enough to ship from point A to point B without any difficulties.

gobar_east-6.jpg

gobar_east-7.jpg

gobar_east-8.jpg

Last but not least, the overall progress of my region. I have special plans for the upper left portion.

onubis.jpg

Evillions

Another sandbox update from me, this time, showcasing how I build my rural areas of Onubis.

Some useful downloads and links:

http://community.sim...loads&mid=10536 - Frogface's content includes Middle Eastern buildings and other mods.

- Farming kit based on Frogface's Middle Eastern buildings.

- HBS Tropical Flora Pack (Mayor Mode)

- Sphinx Rock Mod

http://sc4devotion.c...88785#msg388785 - Marsh's mods; you'll find his desert terrain mod here.

(Keep in mind, I used the lot editor the create smaller lot sizes of Frogface's MEB sets.)

--------------------------

Since this is not my main region, I created a different region solely for sandbox updates. First, start with a blank canvas.

SandboxMiddleEast-1.jpg

Terraform the landscape, you should have a part of the land being almost at sea-level. This is so that vegetation can grow as well as crops.

SandboxMiddleEast-2.jpg

Next, drag a couple of streets and place something unique such as an obelisk.

SandboxMiddleEast-3.jpg

In order to make this a functional town, I zoned a couple of low-density residential 5x5 zones.

SandboxMiddleEast-4.jpg

In addition to zoning, add some 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 residential zones along with a 4x5 low-density commercial zone. Fast forward the game time and buildings should start to grow.

SandboxMiddleEast-5.jpg

Since the unemployment amounts are significantly high, zone more 4x5 low-density commercial zones along with more streets.

SandboxMiddleEast-6.jpg

With this empty space, add some filler lots that has the same base texture as the lot.

SandboxMiddleEast-7.jpg

SandboxMiddleEast-8.jpg

Zone more 1x1, 1x2, and 2x2 commercial zones and farm zones to fill the empty space.

SandboxMiddleEast-9.jpg

SandboxMiddleEast-10.jpg

Then, add some vegetation. Do not add vegetation on any other areas because it would look unrealistic.

SandboxMiddleEast-11.jpg

Finally, the eye-candy.

SandboxMiddleEast-13.jpg

SandboxMiddleEast-12.jpg

Evillions

Staten City

Sorry for the long delay, I have been pretty busy lately. During that time, I was able to start another project, something more NYC like, except with my flavor.

:)Keep in mind that I'm not able to show that many images because its a VERY WIP project at the moment.

------------------------------------

Welcome to Staten City

The district on the bottom, known as Silverstone Village, is a nightlife district. Its residents sleep during the day and work during the nights at exotic clubs and bars.

Abbot-1.jpg

Even the economic center of Staten City never sleeps, thousands of office workers and executives work long hours.

Abbot-2.jpg

Like every other city, it has its seedy areas. Similar to Astoria, its ghetto areas are considered unbearable to local citizens.

Abbot-3.jpg

Evillions

Muheed

Away from the dense urban landscapes, Muheed is the largest city in the western Gobar administrative region.

Highway-3.jpg

Within this small city, a highway cuts through the city.

Highway-2.jpg

As shown below, this piece of parcel was initially developed for connecting both sides of the river. Eventually, farmers and regional businesses found this parcel to be desirable. Therefore, the city Muheed was born.

City-Highway.jpg

Only recently that oil has been found in this parcel. Soon, this city's main source of income became oil. This oil is exported to other regions in Onubis and foreign nations. As a result, Muheed rapidly expanded and still continues.

Highway-1.jpg

Evillions

Gobar East

Gobar East

While the downtown of this city is located near the Gobar International Airport, the people suffer from noise and moderate pollution. Compared to the other areas in Gobar, this is considered to be the second most desirable area, behind the main Gobar district.

gobar_east-4.jpg

Unlike most districts of Gobar, this district is the most educated because of high-attendance in local schools and a new outlook on education. For this reason, more wealthier people are moving into this district.

gobar_east-2.jpg

Contributing to this districts high-academic rankings, the airport enables the exchange of ideas and the movement of goods. Therefore, the people are more exposed to technological and educational advances than the other districts. To compensate for the increasing industrial demands, the government is planning to construct a cargo terminal opposite of the passenger terminal.

gobar_east-3.jpg

During nighttime, this district is known for its extensive amount of nightclubs and bars because of its potential economic benefit from the tourism sector. These night venues are nationally known across Onubis because of its strict requirements to enter these venues.

gobar_east-5.jpg

Evillions

Oahu - 3

After a few years past, Oahu erected its new skyscraper, it being the tallest in the island.

oahu-14.jpg

oahu-13.jpg

Due to a recent edict enacted by the Oahuian government, natural wildlife must not be disturbed by human interaction. This new law positively impacted the wildlife near the lighthouse.

oahu-15.jpg

In the southern area, a park was built to promote a greener future.

oahu_south-3.jpg

Evillions

Back at Kaihal, the city's oil export revenues have again been used for urban renewal. One of the the government's last actions of their renewal plan is constructing the city's first skyscraper. First, federal contractors planned the new site of Mugal Headquarters.

Kaihal-17-1.jpg

After tearing the site, construction begun and almost halfway near its completion.

Kaihal-18-1.jpg

The first skyscraper is finally erected with hundreds flocking to the new building.

Kaihal-19-1.jpg

kaihal-20.jpg

------------------

While areas of Onubis are receiving federal funding for improvements, most areas still remain in poverty. The small, yet religious town of Tabuk has its streets overcrowded with homeless people and shanties.

jukal-3.jpg

Its main source of income is heavily reliant on the tourism department, the town's mosques and ancient structures.

jukal-2.jpg

Evillions

Guerro

Guerro

Before the Resource Wars on 2077, Gurreo has been a thriving tourist city in the Caribbean. Unlike most Caribbean city governments, Gurreo is not corrupted nor dictated by the military. However, the Resource Wars changed everything. During 2077, the United States and China were engaged in war such that it involved almost all nations. As situations escalated, the Chinese military launched over one-hundred nuclear bombs on major United States and their allies cities. Unfortunately, Gurreo has been nuked, but not as horrible as Los Angles or New York City. Luckily, the main city center was spared. With this terrible situation, the government suddenly changed into a police state. Those who opposed the new regime was banished from Guerro.

Gurreo-1.jpg

The city, or what remains of it, is mixed with colonial architecture, late twentieth century high-rises, and futuristic buildings. Besides this, electric barbed fences surround Guerro. All together is what the current Gurreo.

Gurreo-3.jpg

Outside the fences lies the ruins. Although the ruins are filled with abandoned and shelled buildings, some outsiders settled here.

Gurreo-2.jpg

Gurreo-4.jpg

Evillions

Sandbox Tutorial #2

Before I go on hiatus, I took some images while ago and planned to become an update two weeks ago. However, real life complications got in the way and I can not update as regularly. This should be my last update for a while.

=============================

Sandbox Tutorial #2 : American Ghetto Edition

Start with a blank canvas, a small tile is decent enough.

Sandbox1-1-1.jpg

BSP Industrial BATs are a must for something like this, download some fillers too.

Sandbox1-2-1.jpg

Add some roads, highly recommended that NAM is installed.

Sandbox1-3-1.jpg

Fill the area with more BSP BATs. Sadly, there are no more high-quality industrial BATs at the moment.

Sandbox1-4-1.jpg

Any high-tension powerline is good for this. I am trying to create something like a Midwestern version of Compton. :P

Sandbox1-5-1.jpg

Added more fillers...

Sandbox1-6-1.jpg

Kinda got overboard with the scene. :P

Sandbox1-7-1.jpg

Finalized images...

sandbox_1-final1.jpg

sandbox_1-final2.jpg

Evillions

Gobar South Pt. II

Gobar South Pt. II

Its nighttime and the city is lively as ever. The shops are usually packed with gullible customers and offices with 2nd shift workers.

gobar_south-4.jpg

The city's port is considered to be one of the busiest ports of its size in Onubis. The port's workers dwell in government blocks or shanties.

gobar_south-5.jpg

gobar_south-6.jpg

Last but not least, old city. Only partial sections survived throughout the centuries. This old city is considered to be one of the remaining in Onubis. Currently, this area is being restored to its former state and being protected by UNESCO.

gobar_south-7.jpg

Evillions

History of Onubis

An updated version of the history and hopefully, an improved version of the last one.

===================

Onubisain Facts

Flag:

flag_110.jpg

Coat of Arms:

coa_co10.jpg

Map:

onubis11.jpg

Red = Parsa

Pink: Gohbar

Green = Kunis

Each color represents a country or state of the Onubis Federation.

Nation's facts:

Nation's Official Name: The Onubis Federation

National Name: Onubis

National Anthem: Oh Onubis!

National Motto: Without knowledge, you'll not be successful in life.

Capital: Gobar ,Gohbar, Onubis Federation

Government: Republic

Prime Minster: Al Muhem

President: Kaflia Riyda

Official Languages: Arabic

Other Languages: English

Population: 14,789,457

Areas: Middle East

Climate: Very arid and hot, but breezy and cool during the night

Economy:

Currency: OD (Onubis Dilar)

GPD: 538,032,000,000 OD

GPD per capita: $30,316

Stock Market: Onubis Stock Exchange

Debt: 1.2 million

Income per year: 15 million

Misc:

Human Development Index / HDI: 0.822

Calling Code: +1

Drives on the right side

Internet Code: .ce

History:

1453: Onubis settled on desert land or known as by today; Saudi Arabia and began to form a colony.

1460: The colony very fast, but most of the nation lived in poverty.

1490: Onubis was with the Ottoman Empire.

1504: As Onubis' first military branches: Army and Navy has been established. This gave poorer people hope since the military provides basic living conditions for your time in the armed forces.

1641: Onubis was inspired from the Roman's government system, a Republic. Therefore, Onubis abolished its old system of a group of people ruling the land. Then established a Republic which is known as The Republic of Onubis.

1720: When Onubis started to gain allies from Germany, their economy somewhat boosted from resource trading.

(Onubis was part of the Ottoman Empire back then, so they were allies with Germany.)

1913: Due to being allies with Germany, they were forced to fight for the axis during WW1.(German Empire, Austria - Hungary, etc.)

1917: After WW1, the Ottoman Empire dissappeared, and Onubis later became independent.

1939 - 1947: Onubis helped the US and allied forces after the events of Pearl Harbor because they were afraid that they will do the same on Onubis. Again, Onubis manufactured weapons and went onto the front lines.

1970: Onubis created its first human-like robot allowing numerous of advances in life.

1981: Onubis decided to from a Federation instead of its old system, Republic. Therefore, 3 states or sub countries were formed having its own customs and ways of living. However, the 3 countries will still be intact as one.

2006: Onubis Federation enters to the UN / United Nations.

2007: Onubisain oil exports created enormous amounts of capital

Evillions

Gobar - Southside

Gobar is not a complete wealthy city like Dubai, this city comprises one of the largest slums in Onubis. Based on the 2010 census, there are over fifty-thousand slum residents living in Gobar. Surprisingly, gleaming skyscrapers were even built in the South-side.

gobar_south-2.jpg

Parisian architecture is somewhat common in Gobar because the city used to be the prime trading port in the Middle East. During the French's time in colonial Onubis, Parisian architecture was built so that the French feel closer to home.

gobar_south-1.jpg

Unfortunately, most of the Parisian architecture was demolished due to expansion. Recently, the Onubisian Historical National Register in order to preserve historical buildings.

gobar_south-3.jpg

Evillions

Culture of Onubis

Onubis Common Cuisine

Throughout the Middle Eastern world, food has exchanged ideas and culture such as techniques of cooking. For example, an international known food is the Falafel. This meal consists of pita bread with deep fried, breaded balls, and vegetables.

food_210.jpg

Kebabs are another globally known food. Basically, its a stick with any basic food groups excluding oils.

food_110.jpg

Possibly the most famous Middle Eastern cuisine is Hummus. Hummus is used as a food dip or spread and made with chickpeas, sesame, lemon, and garlic.

hummus10.jpg

Evillions

Kaihal-Update2Banner.jpg

With the extra funds, the Kaihal government decided to transform several local shops into hotels and offices. For now, the area is being cleared and the last buildings are still under demolition.

Kaihal-14.jpg

Construction has begun and the construction layouts will change overtime.

Kaihal-15.jpg

Kaihal-16.jpg

Kaihal-17.jpg

Kaihal-18.jpg

Kaihal-19.jpg

With all buildings completed, tourists and locals flock to the new sites.

Kaihal-20.jpg

Although there is more projects to be completed, at least the city center is mostly reconstructed.

Kaihal-21.jpg