• Moose

TOKYO 4.0

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

This is a re-creation of the greatest city on this planet, TOKYO!!

Entries in this City Journal

tepodon

Sim City Force Guide

In this update I would like to show you all in the English speaking world how to use Sim City Force.

So first of all here is the link to Sim City Force.

Now just follow the instructions and pictures so that you can find your way to cool Japanese BAT's!

1. Get to Sim City Force.

2. Once your on Sim City Force you should find yourself on a website just like the one pictured below.

89786206.jpg

3. Scroll down a bit and you will find yourself looking at a bunch of links and buttons. You will see something similar to what I have below for your visual reference.

In the picture below I have labled the two essential links for your Japanese BAT needs.

The link that I have labled in red links to recent files, while the blue links to the old archives.

4. Lets first click on the link I have labeled in red.

87434142.jpg

5. You should now find yourself on a page that looks just like the one pictured below. Sim City Force is different from Simtropolis because you cannot actually download anything directly from Sim City Force. Sim City Force is more like a blog or forum with a bunch of links to other sites you can download from, usually the personal websites of the BATers.

6. Scroll down a bit to find some links to BATs!!!

81172627.jpg

You should see a bunch of pictures of really cool looking BAT's. Here's an example I have pictured below.

7(a). If you find a picture of a BAT you like find the link to the download page. In this example I have taken an entry by Raika. As you can see in the picture below, I have circled a link called "Home" in red. This is the link to Raika's homepage, and is not in itself a link to download. After reaching Raika's page you will have to find your way around to look for the download page.

Don't worry, most folks (Raika) included, label their download links in English.

58300713.jpg

7(b). But sometimes people don't have a homepage, and they provide another link to another site where you can download.

In the picture below I have provided a perfect example of an author that does not have a homepage and has provided us with links to download his/her BAT.

In some other cases some BATer's post direct links to download files directly without the hassel of looking for links and searching their homepages. 

In the pictures below I have shown two perfect examples of BATer's that don't have a homepage but provide links directly to download their content.

77653881.jpg

97162643.jpg

Directions to Past Archives

Lets go back to the Sim City Force Homepage, so that I can give you directions to the Sim City Force Past Archives.

1. You should find yourself back where we started to find the recent files as I have pictured below. This time click on the link I have labled in blue.

87434142.jpg

2. You will find yourself on a page that looks like the one I have pictured below. Scroll down.

20683757.jpg

3. You will find a list that closely resembles the one pictured below. These link to past BAT archives; all the BAT's that have been posted on Sim City Force. (note of caution: many of the old posts no longer work because their authors have shut down their websites)

The older files are located at the top of the list and the newer ones at the bottom.

66436437.jpg

I hope this helps some of you who are struggling trying to use Sim City Force. Good Luck!

tepodon

Arakawa

capturevu.jpg

Welcome to TOKYO 4.0,

In this update I would like to introduce you all to Arakawa, a large river that runs largely from down from northern Tokyo and empties into Tokyo Bay over in East Tokyo.

edogawakotoku23jan02129.jpg

edogawakotoku21jan02129.jpg

edogawakotoku20feb02129.jpg

edogawakotoku4jan021297.jpg

tepodon

Welcome to TOKYO 4.0.

In this update I would like to present to you all a region update and the second major expansion of the map. (Click on the pictures for full size)

In this major expansion you can see that the map has been expanded towards the East (right of pic), and you can begin to get a better view of the circular routes that go around Tokyo.

Although not much has been done in terms of rivers or trees, the major green spots in Tokyo such as Shinjuku Gyoen and Akasaka Palace are visible even in this shrinked view.

The dark area, or in the transport map large areas of just road are where water for the bay will be plopped. Plopped, because its simply easier that way.

Hope you all like this update.

tokyo4.jpg

tokyo42.jpg

The limits of the city have now been relatively well defined. There will be no more expansions towards the East (right of pic) in terms of adding new city tiles.

The city limits to the south (bottom of pic) have also been met, therefore there will be no more additions of tiles to below the current most southern large city tile.

The North and West are areas where city tiles will most likely be added in the near future.

tepodon

titlebl.jpg

Welcome back to TOKYO 4.0. Its been a while, but this CJ is not dead.

In this update I would like to introduce everyone to the Koto Ward in eastern Tokyo. Located between the Sumida and Arakawa Rivers, it is an area that is full of low rise homes, but high rise apartments are beginning to spring up.

chuokotoku29oct28129654.jpgMany canals run through Koto Ward, and allows us to recall why Tokyo was once called the Venice of the Far East.

chuokotoku28dec28129654.jpg

This is also an area that was completely bombed out during WWII, which may be the reason why the roads are so organized in comparison to the rest of Tokyo which is a nightmare.

chuokotoku22aug28129654.jpgThe canals of Tokyo.

chuokotoku21may28129654.jpgKoto Ward used to be the home to Tokyo's massive coal importing port. Coal from all over Japan and the rest of the world would be shipped into Tokyo bay and end up in Koto Ward where it was then moved by rail. Today that railway is abandoned, but it is still a permanent fixture on Koto Ward.

chuokotoku20jul28129654.jpg

chuokotoku14jan29129654.jpg

The Shuto-Expressway snaking its way through Koto Ward.

chuokotoku13nov28129654.jpg

chuokotoku11jun28129654.jpg

chuokotoku4apr291296542.jpg

Above: I'm still in the process of finishing this area of Tokyo. Its a fairly easy area to recreate thanks to the straight roads and canals. As you can see in the above picture. The large canal is a canal that runs on a East-West access carrying water from the old-Nakagawa and Arakawa Rivers to Sumida River.

Below: I have added a region view with the progress so far.

sdfagefga.jpg

Hope you all enjoyed this update of TOKYO 4.0.

tepodon

captureshibz.png

For those of you who have been watching from before, welcome back to TOKYO 4.0, for those of you who its the first time seeing this CJ, welcome to TOKYO 4.0 and I hope you come back for more.

In this update I will like to present to you the Shuto-Expressway #3 Line (aka. Shibuya Line), and the area around it.

shibuya27aug16412912606.png

Above: lets being from the East Exit of Shibuya Station.

Below: The Shibuya Cross Tower stands next to the #3 Line.

shibuya4sep164129126069.png

shibuya15sep16412912607.png

Above: Shibuya Cross Tower

shibuya27sep16412912607.png

Above: going further East, deeper into the city.

Below: The Shibuya Line goes under the Aoyama School.

shibuya6apr170129126811.png

shibuya14feb17012912680.png

Above: its a short tunnel, but from around here the area becomes more residential. But the bustle of Shibuya is not far from here.

shibuya7oct164129126078.png

Above: the homes in central Tokyo, all cramped up together.

Below: the massive Aoyama Grave Yard. Like the homes the graves are also cramped together.

shibuya8may170129126825.png

shibuya8may129128363138.png

Above: its quiet in Aoyama, but in the above picture its Shibuya, and here the neon lights of Tokyo just add to the bustle and jumble.

Below: this is the area around the National Stadium and a little north of the Aoyama area. (the real stadium is a lot older, and looks kinda like a smaller version of Camp Nou, but I don't have that so... Kashima Stadium. orz)

shibuya5may170129126823.png

shibuya28apr17012912682.png

Above: you can really tell the Japanese peoples love for baseball. There are two baseball stadium here, and there are a further 6 baseball fields next to these two stadiums as well. There's also a football stadium next to this little complex as well. All part of the former Olympic Complex.

tepodon

Akasaka

tokyotitleakasaka.png

Welcome to TOKYO 4.0.

In this update I will like to showcase the Akasaka area of Tokyo.

aoyamaakasakanogizaka3n.png

Above: This is an overview of the Akaisaka area including the Akasaka Palace. Akasaka is home to the Togu Palace, or the the palace of the crown prince of Japan.

Below: This is the Akasaka Palace. I used google earth images to see what the palace looked like inside, behind the walls of secrecy. I've never really taken the time to look deep into the homes of Japanese royalty, but these guys are definitely living the good life off of taxes.

aoyamaakasakanogizaka31.png

aoyamaakasakanogizaka18.pngAbove: There were ponds and multiple villas and mansions located on the estate. Basically the whole palace is like a private central park.

Below: Of course no one can go in unless their invited.

aoyamaakasakanogizaka8o.png

aoyamaakasakanogizaka11.png

Above: I hear they have really good BBQ in the palace though; again not open to the public. I hate how they tell you about the really good BBQ, and they won't open it up to the public. (Apparently they only serve beef and vegies that are specifically made for the imperial family!)

Below: but you know, thats not Tokyo. As you can see from this very intense change of scenery. Most people don't live in huge estates in the middle of one of the most expensive cities in the world. (Apparently if Japan had sold the imperial estates to private companies back in the early 90's before the Japanese property bubble burst, Japan's debt could have been halved, lol)

aoyamaakasakanogizaka28.png

aoyamaakasakanogizaka23.png

Above: Akasaka Mitsuke Intersection. You might have seen it in some Soviet sci-fi film back from the Cold War days. It's a really cool intersection.

Below: Real Akasaka Mitsuke Intersection at night.

akasaka08.jpg

aoyamaakasakanogizaka13.png

Above: The Shuto-Expressway snaking its way through Tokyo, by the Akasaka Palace, and along the old moat of Edo-Castle. 

Below: here's whats been finished thus far...

capture5d.png

Thanks for watching:)

Next update coming soon!

tepodon

nagata.png

Welcome back to TOKYO 4.0, and welcome to this entry where I will show you how I re-created the Nagata-cho Area. 

Below: Welcome to Nagata-cho, the center of Japanese politics and everything corrupt and evil. In fact this place is so corrupt that the national legislative building (the Diet), has changed color. (notice the greyish color, well its supposed to be white; they're gonna bleach it:)

chiyodaku16dec011290382h.png

ozawa1.jpg
The reporters don't help with fighting corruption, in many cases they take as much bribes as this guy in the middle here. :) Good times!

chiyodaku31jan021290386.png

Above: These two structures here atop a hill, they're part of the Cabinet Office (Naikaku-fu). Again, just a useless piece of the cabinet.

Below: These really ugly three buildings, those are the Legislators Offices. This is where politicians from both the Upper and Lower House spend their time reading reports, signing stuff, thinking up strategy, and recieve bribes. Its also brand new, and its very nice inside:) They say that the doors are so thick that if someone is shot inside the office no one will know...:s

chiyodaku16dec011290385.png

chiyodaku1mar0212903862.png

Above: The green patch, just down the hill from the Legislators offices is where most of the politics in Japan is done. Oh, the national legislative assembly, ya thats just for show. This is where all the politicians gather to actually make hard talk about politics... with geisha's, strippers, and random drugs.

Below: to the bottom left, thats the Mansion of the Speaker of the House of Representatives. Ya, the speaker gets a nice mansion to himself while everyone else in the House get to live in, um... mansions. Oh, but wait, whats great about this particular mansion is that its paid for by the public and its within walking distance from the national assembly... and geishas:)

chiyodaku13mar021290386.png

chiyodaku16dec011290382.png

Above: of course the fact that this place is right next to the Imperial Palace means that its lights out at 5pm! No one works overtime or the Emperor will be very upset, and he'll make a statement, prefabricated by the Imperial Agency, about stuff absolutely unrelated to politics and move really slowly.

chiyodaku16dec011290385.png

Above: lets step away from the politics for a second. Get back to SC4:)

The open space I have left is going to be the Office of the Prime Minister. I'd like to BAT one, but unfortunately don't have that kind of time. Oh well.

See ya'll some other time. Hope you enjoyed this little update

tepodon

Tokyo Tower

tokyobanner21.png

Welcome back to TOKYO 4.0. It's been a while, but I made some time for SC4. Here's a little something I've been wanting to do for a while. A re-creation of the area around Tokyo Tower. I intend to do this area for a while.
mitajul5001290343149.png

Below, the same area during the day. I hate how this part of Tokyo had to be at the border between two city tiles, but there was no other way for me to do this. Oh well, can't win them all.

mitaoct30001290344877.png

mitajul5001290343188.png

mitanov13001290344970.png

Below: some residential area, oop right hand traffic? how did that happen?

mitadec5001290345105.png

Well its been a while since I touched SC4, but it was fun. Hope to be able to play some more later this week:)

tepodon

Not Dead!!!

tokyobanner21.png

Hey ya'll, TOKYO 4.0 is not dead yet. You might have noticed I did post 1 picture of a BAT in development on the HKABT area with my stuff on it. 

It's true though, I have not been playing SC4 for a while, but I'm back playing little by little.

Hope you like this very little update of some of the road infrastructure around Tokyo bay getting finished up.

tokyo401288608413.png

tokyo401288608413.pngAbove: So this is the area around Tokyo Bay. If you knew Tokyo 3.0, or just simply my last attempt at a re-creation of Tokyo, you might recall that I didn't use any actual water, and instead I only used plopable water. The same will apply for TOKYO 4.0, since there are a lot of highways and roads and rail that are built on top of rivers or canals or the bay, and they tend to curve and twist, so plopable water allows me more freedom when I wanna do that. The white area on this map is gonna be where the water will be plopped.

tepodon

Growth

tokyobanner21.png

Welcome to TOKYO 4.0. This time I don't have a very big update for you, but I do have two very short videos of the growth of TOKYO over time. The images used for the first short video can be found on the first page.

Here is, the growth of TOKYO 4.0

Enjoy

tepodon

shibuyabanner.jpg

Shibuya and Harajuku; both Tokyo, and Japan's centre of youth culture. The two areas are highly different in terms of the 'crowd' that 'hangs-out' there, but the two areas are only one stop away by train, and well within walking distance.

shibuya2.jpg

Shibuya (aka Shibz, Buya):

The crowd here is into sex, drugs, violence, and a total life of debauchary. The lives of the Shibz folk are that of constant cultural poverty, and are total failures in the eyes of society at large. They are frequently chased by the police, and can be found squatting in front of stores such as HMV, Tower Records, or any Karaoke place that can be found in the area. (jk)

nrtharajukutokyocosplay.jpg

Harajuku:

The centre of goth and goth-lolita culture; its basically just a really wierd place to be on Sunday's. All kinds of underground and sometimes very "iffy" (in terms of legality) people converge here. Street performers, and girls dressed in 19th century clothing are the norm in this town. The people here spend the majority of there well earned cash on dead or dying fads. Although the folk here find themselves to be of a higher cultural class than those of 'Shibz' they are of a very similar breed, and often find themselves in poverty themselves due to there mindless spending on 19th century dresses. (jk)

Well, I've basically offended some people so here's my rendition of the area. It is not complete. Especially the area around Shibuya. I really want Neonsim's rendition of Q-Front, but he hasn't uploaded it to the STEX.

So here's the area.

shibuya19mar11512835863.png

Above: an area slightly north of Shibuya Station. The border between Shibuya and Harajuku.

shibuya31may11512835868.png

Above: The Yamanote, Shonan-Shinjuku, and Saikyo Line's.

shibuya19may11512835867.png

Above: The empty space in front of Shibuya Station. (oh Neonsim, how I long for your Q-front)

shibuya9jun115128358687.png

Above: Despite the mentally challenged crowd, the land price of the area is astronomical.

shibuya4may115128358661.png

Above: Shibuya Station...

shibuya23mar11512835863.png

Above: a more zoomed out picture of the area. I'm also going to have to make the Keio Inokashira side of Shibuya Station.

shibuya14aug11512835872.png

Above: some homes not far from Harajuku, near Yoyogihachiman.

shibuya10aug11512835872.png

Above: The Yoyogihachiman area is a pretty rich neighborhood due to its proximity to the centre, and yet far enough not to be swamped by wierdo's.

shibuya19jun11512835869.png

Above: Harajuku Station

shibuya28mar11512835863.png

Above: This open space is going to house what was the Olympic Village from the 1964 Summer Olympics, now a multi-purpose recreation area and NHK (Japan National Broadcasting) HQ. In the upper lefthand corner you can see Harajuku Station.

shibuya20sep11512835875.png

Above: The southern edge of Meiji Jingu.

shibuya24jul11512835871.png

Just south of NHK headquarters, and north of Shibuya.

shibuya16apr11512835864.png

Above: The park with tennis courts (in reality they're futsal courts) are home to many homeless folk, who will be evicted sometime next year to make room for a Nike Park, which is being heavily protested.

shibuya27jul11512835871.png

Above: The Yoyogi Park Koban Mae Intersection.

shibuya21aug11512835873.png

Above: The underground highway runs towards Shibuya from Shijuku. (check older posts for details)

Well hope you enjoyed this update, and I hope I can present to you all a completed version of Shibuya soon.

Oh wait, theres more!!!

Below is a region shot of TOKYO 4.0 as of now.

Notice anything?

tokyo401283587754.png

Yes, I have reached the 1 million mark!! Yay!

Thats all

Let me remind people that an updated region image of TOKYO 4.0 can be found on the first page, and will be frequently updated.

tepodon

The Roads: Part Six

tokyobanner21.png

Welcome to the fifth major expansion of the roads to TOKYO 4.0

The pre-planning stage of setting down the infrastructure is the most important part of TOKYO 4.0, and re-creating an accurate and most of all functioning in-game transportation network are the areas I would like to emphasize in this CJ.

This time I would like to present region-view shots of TOKYO 4.0, and show you how the transportation network has been expanded.

capture1qy.png

capture3r.png

capture2jx.png

tokyo401283022486.png

tepodon

Yotsuya

e696b0e5aebfe5a49ce699a.jpg

e696b0e5aebfe5a49ce699a.jpg

yotsuya30apr18128258030.png

Above: Yotsuya Station viewed from the North-East. The large avenue going over the station is the Koshu-Kaido which also runs over Shinjuku Station.

yotsuya13nov18128258110.png

Above: The area around Yotsuya Station

yotsuya8dec181282581479.png

Above: The Japan Railway (JR) East Sports Complex is located near Yotsuya Station.

yotsuya25apr18128258026.png

Above: The Chuo-Sobu Line's go further into central Tokyo. The Sobu Line will lead to Central Chiba in Chiba Prefecture, and the Chuo Line will lead to Central Tokyo Station.

Hope you liked this update of TOKYO 4.0

tepodon

08203a8f1.jpg

We've been having some pretty nice weather in Tokyo this past week. Its a bit cloudy today, but at least its not unbearably hot like it was a couple of days ago.

Here's an update to what progress I have made in regards to the Shinjuku area, and the entire region as a whole. I've began developing the area around Shinjuku Station and Yotsuya Station.

Enjoy! :)

shinjuku25sep5112812135.png

Above: This is the NTT Docomo Tower near Yoyogi, just south of Shinjuku Station. It's apparently the world's tallest clock tower.

Below: Shinjuku Station; the entrance to the Lumine Department Store and Odakyu Lines.

shinjuku20sep5112812135.png

shinjuku16feb5412812170.png

Above: The Shinjuku - Yoyogi Area. The Japan Railways East Head Quarters, and the NTT Docomo Tower can be seen. The mass of green is Shinjuku Gyoen.

Below: The same area at night.

shinjuku5mar54128121712.png

shinjuku12feb5412812170.png

Above

: Let's move a little towards the north-west. Although there are still some buildings missing, a good portion of the skyscrappers of Shinjuku are in place. The twin towered building is the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building.

Below: Zooming in, to the right is the Keio Plaza Hotel, and to the right is the Shinjuku Sumitomo Building.

shinjuku13sep5112812135.png

shinjuku16nov5112812138.png

Above: Shinjuku has been called the greatest amusement area in Asia. This town never sleeps!

Region Update!!

tokyo401281855694.png

Above: As you can see there has been a lot of development in Shinjuku, and if you know Tokyo, you can see that Yotsuya is also getting its share of buildings as well. Also if you know Tokyo really well, you might be able to tell the Chuo-Sobu line snaking its way towards Tokyo Station. The link is not complete, but it should be in a short time.

Below: Here's a transportation view. I am very proud of myself! :)

tokyo401281236887.png

I hope that I have interested some people in the city of Tokyo.

Thank you for your comments, and I shall update again soon.

tepodon

b011697323242947111.jpg

shinjukumar233128093938.png

Above: this is an overview of what has been completed so far. The green in the left is Shinjuku Gyoen. Center is Shinjuku Station. The area bottom right area is Kabukicho. Towards the top right are the skyscrappers of Shinjuku Fuku-Toshin.

Sneak Peak at Next Creations!  

Below: here's a little teaser shot for my next BAT, hehe. It's the area just south of Shinjuku Station's main buildings, and right next to the JR East HQ building.

shinjukumar173312810644.png

shinjukumar173312810645.png

shinjukumar193312811156.png

tepodon

Shinjuku Station

g1061.jpg

If you have been checking out my BAT making page, then you probably know that I am almost done with BATting Shinjuku Station. 

Here's a little sneak peak at an in-game look of the station.

shinjukufeb143312805608.png

I can tell that some of you are already salivating over this... :)

However, there still seems to be some minor details that must be worked out to make this STEX quality. (Especially the lighting)

At the soonest you can expect to see this on the STEX in two days; because it takes 13 hours to export this baby :(

for more check out my BAT page here

shinjukufeb143312805609.png

shinjukufeb173312809022.png
tepodon

dscf08451.jpg

Roads Update and the Imperial Palace Moats.

chiyodakudec16011275992.png

Above: The Imperial Palace; towards the top is Nippon Budokan, and to the right is Tokyo Station.

Below: Nippon Budokan.

chiyodakudec16011275993.png

Above: Tokyo Station and the Oote-Machi Area.

Below: The moats.

Above: This is part of Shuto-Expressway that runs along the upper edge of the Imperial Palace; part of the Inner Circular Route near the Takehashi Junction.

The Solution

tokyo401275992414.png

Above: As you can see from this picture, the city tiles have been shifted by placing medium city tiles in between the larger city tiles. By doing this Ikebukuro station will fit snuggly in the center of a large city tile.

Below: The red dot indicates where Ikebukuro Station will go.

tokyo4012759924141.png

Thank you all for your help.

tepodon

dscf08451.jpg

TOKYO 4.0 - The Roads: Update #4

tokyo1275221275.png

As you can see, I have made massive progress in the construction of roads.

However, I will come across problems, to the north. Specifically Ikebukuro Station.

I will have to rearrange the city tiles to recreate Ikebukuro in one city tile, otherwise I will end up with the west part of Ikebukuro station in one city tile and the east part in another, which will be a shame because its such an important station.

However, I have no idea how to do this. If anybody has any suggestions please let me know.

Another solution is I could simply place Ikebukuro station about 20 tiles off the mark. However, that would place buildings like SunShine in a different tile from the station, which would also be a shame.

Here's the problem...

tokyo12752212751.png

Above: The red dot is where Ikebukuro Station should be. The yellow line represents the city tile border. As you can see Ikebukuro station just happened to locate itself right smack in between two city tiles.

If anyone has any suggestions let me know. Thank you all for watching this CJ.

Here's a little region shot for those of you wanting to see some building action.

tokyo1275221287.png

tepodon

Shinjuku Gyoenmae

DSCF0845-1.jpg

Shinjuku Gyoenmae:

Shinjuku Ward of Tokyo is one of the 23 Special Wards of Tokyo Prefecture.

Shinjuku Ward is divided into 7 Areas called Chome (Ch-oh-meh).

This time I have taken the time to recreate Shinjuku 1-Chome, and part of Shinjuku 2-Chome. 2-Chome is the most famous gay district in all of Japan.

The area is located around Shinjuku Gyoen, a large park in Shinjuku Ward. Thus Shinjuku 1-Chome and 2-Chome are considered part of the Shinjuku Gyoenmae area.

shinjuku14feb3312748008.png

Above: First of all, this is Shinjuku Gyoen Park. The large park in Shinjuku Ward.

Below: National Road 20 (or Shinjuku Road) runs under the north edge of the park.

shinjuku14feb3312749587.png

shinjuku14feb3312749588.png

Above: National Road 20 (Shinjuku Road) comes out around Shinjuku 2-Chome (the gay district). It continues further west to become the Koshu-Kaido Road.

Below: As you can see, Shinjuku Gyoen Park is massive, while the neighborhoods of Shinjuku 1-Chome and 2-Chome combined is no bigger than the park.

Shinjuku 2-Chome is filled with Gay Bars, and Clubs. It has a slightly different feel from another neighboring area, Kabuki-cho.

tepodon

topimg01.jpg

The Roads continued...

I have further completed the infrastructure in Shinjuku Ward. I have also further expanded southward toward Harajuku and Shibuya.

tokyo1274800587.png

Above: As you can see the roads have been expanded. The rail line (black line) that has been extended further south is the Yamanote Line and Shonan-Shinjuku Line.

Below: The area around Shinjuku Station, including Ookubo and Yoyogi have been completed. The rail lines have been redone for smoother curves.

shinjuku14feb3312748008.png

shinjuku14feb3312748007y.png

Above: This is where the Yamanote and Saikyo Line veer off into the right (north), and the Chuo-Sobu Line's veer far off into the left (west).

Below: This is a part of the Yamanote Line beyond Ookubo.

shinjuku14feb3312748007.png

Above: This is the Chuo Line, turning towards Western Tokyo. After this curve this line is a straight line for over 25km (a rare easy when recreating Tokyo)

Below: The Shuto #4 Line curving at the northern edge of Meiji Jingu Park.

shinjuku14feb3312748006.png

Below: This is the new underground highway route that runs towards Shibuya from Shinjuku.

tepodon

tokyobanner11.jpg

tokyo1273746707.png

More roads have been finished. Much of the roads in Shinjuku Ward have been completed.

shinjuku22feb3212738377.png

If you know Shinjuku you might notice the NTT Docomo Tower, which I placed to locate where Yoyogi Station is. I've also placed signs where Okubo and Shin-Okubo Stations will go.

shinjuku22feb3212738378.png

This is where the Nishi-Shinjuku Junction (Where the Chuo Expressway and the C2 come together. As you can see the C2 is a two lane highway, and much of it is underground.)

shinjuku22feb3212738382.png

This is Kanda River, which snakes through Nishi-Shinjuku.

tepodon

phototopimage8001.jpg

In order to create a functioning city you must have roads.

In addition to roads you must have rail lines.

In order for TOKYO 4.0 to be Tokyo, it must have all the roads and rail lines.

tokyo1273746707.png

The above is a region view of the roads networks I have so far.  Try and guess where this is.

Below is the same region, this time showing us a satelite view.

tokyo1273746690.png

This CJ will attempt to take a step by step approach towards recreating Tokyo.

Enjoy

shinjuku3jan32127376791.png

Above: Shinjuku Gyoen. A large park located in Shinjuku. *(still under construction)

tepodon

headgj.jpg

Hello everyone!

You may have seen my other Tokyo CJ's from a few years back, and you may have seen some of my other CJ, Ezo.

We'll today I come before you with yet another Tokyo Re-Creation CJ.

This is my 4th attempt at creating a Tokyo CJ.

My first attempt; was a complete failure and did not resemble Tokyo.

(Sorry not surviving pictures from my first attempt)

My second attempt; was... a little better...who am I kidding this was the best attempt by far. Just look at the picture. sigh...

dsc001952t.jpg

My third attempt; definetely spent a lot of time on the details,

but.... (Sorry, lost the images to TOKYO 3.0)

... hardly got anywhere and my computer died part way through, sigh....

...and so, after four attempts, and several other CJ's later, I am once again back in the business of attempting to recreate my home town, the greatest city on Earth, the most populated single area on the planet, the focus of thousands of major business, politics, finance, culture, everything,

TOKYO 4.0

capture1qy.png

August 30th, 2010

regioncensusview1.png

September 3rd, 2010

regioncensusview3.png

September 4th, 2010

captureclc.png

September 19th, 2010

captureuo.png

November 22nd, 2010

capturep0.png

November 29th, 2010

capture3qm.png

December 1st, 2010

ghkjgh.png

Feburary 9th, 2011

Transport Maps of TOKYO 4.0

capture3r.png

August 30th 2010

regioncensusview2.png

September 3rd, 2010

regioncensusview4.png

September 4th, 2010

capture2f.png

September 19th, 2010

capture1m.png

November 22nd, 2010

capture2cf.png

November 29th, 2010

capture4r.png

December 1st, 2010

uyh.png

February 9th, 2011

(The above pictures will be updated from time to time.)

This will be the fourth attempt at recreating Tokyo. This time unlike the previous CJ's which were done in a way where I simply showed you the finished product, I will give you a step by step tour of the recreating process. I will ask you for your opinion, especially those of you who have been to or live in Tokyo.