• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Delta Democratic Republic - Changing the Future of the Future

Entries in this City Journal

Sepen77

5079292409_22cdca771a_b.jpg
As some of you might've heard, I've been working on another city in the North of DDR.
This City is known as Sevella.
It won't be that huge but expect to see some large airports/seaports and skyscrapers in the future.
For now though, I'm working on the outskirts so here I present Sevella WIP 1 - Horehead Bay.

Here is an Overview of what the Horsehead Bay Tile looks like. Hence the name...

5442210766_97d7912024_z.jpg

Horsehead Bay is in the Sevella region, but part of the Garry Township.
Here are the areas of Horsehead Bay and some close-ups. Keep in mind that these are all WIP shots. All Pictures point North unless otherwise noted.

Pines and Oaks Golf Club:
5441362817_546c822eb0_z.jpg
Click for higher resolution

Gendarton:
A small town of tourism
5441966702_069b72be8f_b.jpg

The OMNI Hotel

5441363727_4cde9cb6a0_b.jpg

Garry (The centre of the Garry Township):

5441363071_a71a3197d8_b.jpg

A smaller Town Southeast of Garry

5441364701_48e28f6df0_z.jpg

There is alot more on this city tile. But as you can see, I plopped all my residential, therefore they all have No work zots. If anyone has a suggestion to somehow remove them, it would be greatly appreciated.
That will be all for this update.
Sepen77

4834490501_35acc61081_b.jpg

This week's edition of Sevella Gazette. I chaged the formatting alittle: increased the Headline Title size, chaged some fonts, relocated the weather forecast.Tell me watcha think of this new format.

5344518740_08597a8613.jpg

Click for Higher Resolution.

Have fun!

Sepen77

4834490501_35acc61081_b.jpg 

Sooo... I'm back.
I have decided to stop the construction of such a big project. I never have time and it always feels boring building large metropolises, so instead of showing the cities, I'll just show whats going on inside them, and soon, I might feel better and continue building them.
Time to fIre away.

I'm going to write a few Newspapers.
This one is a Sevella Gazette. You will learn more about this city later.

5317168224_41ee51c6a4_z.jpg

Click to see a larger image.

By the way, it says he turns 101. Typo!

Sepen77

5079292409_22cdca771a_b.jpg

Hello all again, I have a major apology: Sorry to keep you all waiting (like there is anyone following this CJ 22.gif). But School has gotten in the way and I haven't played Simcity 4 for more than a month now.15.gif But finally I'm here for an Update.

Here is some essential Information. I will be updating in different types of updates:

The first few will be WIP's - Work In Progress - I will show you what I'm working on and sometimes the finished product; here you might be able to vote on general things.

The second type of update will be Stories - A small update about someone's life or a longer multi-update story.

More will follow - I will update the list above.

DDR - Delta City -  WIP - 1a

5084221663_d724176621_b.jpg

This is an Overview of Delta City Currently. Just to let you know, I have decided to post my first few day's efforts (less than an hour a day).

5076849988_3111d9948e_b.jpg

I started by shaping out the coastline. I like to keep my downtown shores straight and square (45 and 90 angles). I used the "Marrast Embankments". They had Diagonals and I plan to use the same base texture to create a sort of waterfront park in the future.

5076850050_9244ac56c1_b.jpg
Another Picture indicating the shape of the coast line: For a complete Overview Check the Geography Section.

After Shaping out the coastline I wanted to do the highways. But I faced a question: MHW or RHW? Well, I thought for a while, did a little experimentation (took quite some time), and finally decided that DDR was a real country and should use Real Highway. Unfortunately I didn't take many pictures, but here is a trumpet interchange, yet to name the highways.

5082181201_74b424e33a_b.jpg

My next goal was to think up of a rail system that would connect to all the suburbs as commuter rail, cross country rail, as well as freight rail.

5082773928_1a22090fc4_b.jpg

I used the ITS Ten Platform Station for my central hub. With 4 railways branching out in different directions. I added a small train yard and a long term parking garage for intercity travel.

Now here is the problem with this station position: I built the downtown too far away from it. I could simply move it but it would take me hours, yes hours. One thing to keep in mind about me, I build slow, a city block per hour or such, cause I always get to detailed. I try to "screw the details" but I can't seem to remember that thought. I also thought about ignoring it. If anyone has a suggestion about the placement of the station, please provide me with it in your comments. Thanks in Advance

5082181347_fef4f38c2e_b.jpg

This is a picture of what the downtown looks like in general. More Pictures will follow later. I tried to make it not a skyscraper city like NewYork City (I hate those 26.gif)

5082181275_2f8a945e0a_b.jpg

Here is a community just outside of downtown. I think its too close but I always make these mistakes. To rebuild it again would be waste of time... I added the trails down there after going hiking the previous weekend and I noticed just how much trails there were, some hidden between houses. I also introduced a Deltian way of building Communities, by embanking it high up, sometimes community collector roads would go into the community below eyelevel (as shown in the picture.

That's all I have for today, The next update will be in a week or so. Bye!

Sepen77

Not completed yet. Pictures will come soon

Country Statistics
This entry will be about the Country Statistics.

Government
Country Name:
Conventional Long Form - Delta Democratic Republic
Conventional Short Form - DDR

Government Type: A Democratic Republic, a Constitutional Monarchy

Capital: Delta City since 1997, New Birmingham before 1997

Independence: March 17th, 1997

National Holiday: Delta Independence Day, March 17th

Suffrage: 17 years of age; universal

Head of state: Queen ELIZABETH II; represented by Governor General Sean SKINNER

Head of government: Head Minister John S. W. SMITH

Cabinet: appointed by the head minister

Political Parties: The Democratic Party, The People's Party of Delta, The Green Party, The Republican Party of Delta

Flag:
DDR National Flag (since 1997). Details: The blue bars to the very side represent the ocean that Surrounds DDR; the blue also represents peace, freedom and justice; altogether the 3 colours represent the country has been through revolution; the reindeer is DDR's national animal and symbol; the clubs represent the first ships to come to Delta Island and are also the DDR's nation symbol

Delta Federation Flag (from independence to 1997). Details: The Union Jack represented Great Britain; on the right shows DF's coat of arms with its motto. (Note: The coat of arms for DDR is the same except with Delta Democratic Republic written on it)

People
Population: N/A yet, but around few million

Population Growth Rate: N/A yet, but approx between 0.5% - 1%

Ethnic Groups: N/A yet, but most are British Isles origin. Very diverse population though.

Languages: English (official language)(% N/A), other (% N/A).

Religions: Mostly BTR (Bob the Reindeer) or Bobism (% N/A). Others include alot of Catholic, Protestant and Non-religous (%N/A).

Transportation
Airports: N/A yet

Heliports: N/A yet

Ports: N/A yet

Cities

Cities: Delta City; New Birmingham; Sevella; Dover; Itrington;

Towns: Patricksburgh; Murphyton; Rayshaw; Hammond; Portside; Barbartown; 

Villages: Greenwood; Creekville; Harborgrove; Oakmoss; Mistshore; Parkhurst; Pineshire; Fieldgate; Bay; Brightshore Estates; Cotswold

Park; Birch Ridge; Stonemill Crossing; Thornside; Belmont; Elmview;

Reserved for Demographics and country statistics

Sepen77

ImageThis page is yet to be updated when I actually start the construction of DDR.

Geography
Nothing Yet - But generally, DDR is an island just north of the British Isles. Delta City is located on the west coast which happens to be the green part in the pictures below.

Current Region View:
Both region views are taken in Google Earth with the Multi-region-gray-scale-image as an image overlay. The green part is one 9x9-large-tile-region that was rendered and tree'd.

High altitude
5076254915_f012d555fd_b.jpg

Low altitude
5076254947_737c3dc0fb_b.jpg

Sepen77

Welcome to my new UB CJ and "Multi-Region", Delta Democratic Republic, or DDR. Its about a country on an island that just recently established (or just changed its name). In this UB CJ I will write about how I construct various parts of my cities, stories that happen in my finished cities, and other extra fun things.

How I will construct this Region
Due to the shear size of Delta Democratic Republic (approx. 140km x 100km), It will be done in many separate 24km x 24km regions each the size of 36 large city tiles, hence the name "Multi-Region". Each region will be usually one city/town with its satellite towns and farms. I will start with the capital city Delta City (DC) and move on to smaller ones, commencing from the downtown/CBD and moving my way to the suburbia. 

I'll start off with the History which is quite long
History of DDR

Not much was known about this island before the 8th century, but it is believed to have been uninhabited by humans. In the year 712CE, Norse settlers landed on the east coast of Delta Island. Small settlements of a few hundred people started to scatter about the eastern coast.

It was not until the 1100's had the British finally taken control over Delta Island. Immigrants from Europe started to move in to the island. A castle, now a popular tourist attraction, was built on the island for a lord in charge of the Delta Island on behalf of the King. This was the time of many first landlocked settlements along with the discovery of the Potts Iron Vein. This discovery lead to more migration from Europe as well as more commerce and trade between Delta Island and British Mainland. From 12th century to the 19th century was a time of great change. The population of Delta Island went from 100's of thousands to millions.

By the early 20th century, citizens started to complain about the government and how Britain still held Delta Island under its control. After World War II, the simple complaints became demonstrations. The British Government decided to please the people of Delta Island, and so on January 1st, 1967 Delta Island became the independent country of Delta Federation (DF).

The federation led by Bill Hill wasn't an actual federation at all. Only 30 years after the Demonstration against Britain, another one started against Bill Hill. There were many reasons why the rebellions started. Bill Hill did not let women vote (which is quite behind most other countries at their time), if there were any elections at all. He had harsh tax rates and strict laws on religion. In 1997 a farmer very into politics named John Smith marched out of his house, started to the capital city on foot, and shouted "Let's kill, Bill Hill". As weird as it sounds, people started to join in on the march, from a dozen people the group grew to a few 100, and by the time Smith reached New Birmingham, they had a few hundred thousand (including soldiers from the DF military, other politicians, news reporters, hobos, and Bill Hill's retarded brother). When they reached the Parliament building, more citizens from all over Delta Island joined in on the rally. By the end of the day, Bill Hill was successfully overthrown.

On March 17th 1997, a new government was established along with a new government centre in Delta City. Citizens voted in John Smith of the Democratic Party to lead they're new Democratic Republic. This is the beginning of Delta Democratic Republic or DDR.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0