• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

A Modern Fictional Empire. The CJ follows the construction of the capitol region that holds large swaths of Urban, Rural, and Coastal Areas.

Entries in this City Journal

Jamonbread

Sorry for the long hiatus, continued crashes and university have been preventing an update for some time. Here is the one and only update on the Northern Coast of Callahorn outside the Capitol district. I haver been playing it for some time put CTD's before even getting into the cities have made me abandon the entire region. Hopefully I can get back into the capitol district.

--------------------------------------------------------UPDATE-----------------------------------------------------------

hiltonheader.png

Hilton Hills is a small city nestled in the Mountainous coast north of the capitol in the province of North Coast, a core province that is the gateway to the entire north and handles a majority of the goods from the north heading to sea. This small city is jammed between the two large port cities of the region and is home to many of the rich working in both cities due to its large natural bays full of marinas and beautiful veiws of both sea and mountains. Many trade management firms have also moved to the more peaceful city so that they can manage both ports better as well as give their executives a better veiw from the windows (the more important reason). Two highways as well as a commuter train bring most workers to their jobs at the neighbouring ports. The coastal road although much longer also receives high traffic as Hilton continues to rise. Lastly, Hilton is known as the tourism hub of the region and stopover for those heading into the mountains inland for wilderness adventures and great skiing.

hilton1.png

hiltonbonus.png

hilton9.png

hilton4.png

hiltonbonus2.png

hilton12.png

hilton10.png

hiltonbonus3.png

hilton5.png

hilton11.png

hilton8.png

hilton6.png

hilton2.png

hilton7.png

hilton3.png

Thanks for visiting the Empire!

Jamonbread

aquonijorlogo.png
Aquonjor, meaning "city in the water" in the ancient language of celwynian is one of the oldest settlements in the district. It was established as and has remained for the most part a fishing village and hub for the surrounding farming communities. Although Its castle was battered by pirates in the 1600's and the stone moved to the capitol or the surrounding stone buildings of that time period, the main gate still remains and is the largest tourist attraction in the now small town. Only a small watch tower was ercted where the castle once stood. After the collapse of the castle and subsesquent ransacking, the town darstically reduced in size and the population is now locked at 5000 after the district government declared the peninsula a protected heritage site. Since then, all the old wooden houses that survived have been rebuilt, a new church has been constructed in 1891 and small editions to the town have been made along the main street along the water. The last edition to the town was the Aquonijor Hotel in 1966 and the wind turbines powering the whole peninsula built in 1997. Today agriculture is still the major employer, and all aquonjor produce is known for its quality around the district. However there is still a decent sized fishing industry and tourism industry, which can no longer expand due to development restrictions. It is also the most important ferry hub in the capitol, servicing almost every town in the bay islands. Peninsula road runs through town connecting it with Scully, Hailington, and to the mainland (Armendka). Here is modern Aquonijor.

aquablue2.jpg&sa=X&ei=1ntQTJanO5e7nAfZ8b
OVERVEIW
aquadirectory.png

aqua1m.png
aqua2.png
aqua3.png

THE VILLAGE
aqua4.png

aqua6.png

THE MILLS
aqua12.png

aqua7.png

THE COVE
aqua11.png

FARMLAND
aqua9.png
aqua10.png

aqua5.png

aqua8.png

THANKS FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!

---REPLIES---

IrvingTwoSmokes- Well I’m glad you liked it, the posterization hid some of the imperfectios I didn’t really like. Thanks so much for the rating!
Monay- Thanks a lot for your support!
Tigera- I don’t usually posterize, but it made it easier to photo manipulate and hid some imperfections. Don’t worry future updates are all going to be back to normal.
Daan300- Of course old friend. http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=11130 Least I can do for directing me to those awesome rocks! Glad you liked my older stuff, hope you liked my new stuff today as well. Thanks for your continued support.
TekindusT- Read tigera’s response as well but thanks very much for your kind words. The farm limits were more unique with this city because I was trying to simulate a more slow growing city that hadn’t totally been taken over by suburbia yet. Thanks again.
Gogojcia- Welcome to the Empire and thank you! Um the rock mod is Pegasus, found on the stex here on simtropolis and believe it or not I’m just using the original maxis terrain. Any effects on the ground you see come from ploppables, I can’t give you the link because there are tons of sets collected over a long time but they can all be found on simtropolis. Sorry I can’t be much help.
Jamonbread

urhillianmountainslogo.png
To the South of the Greater Capitol Area sits Urhillian Mountains, a vital close by source for raw materials such as coal, iron, barium, and gravel for concrete. It is one of the last locations in the district which is home to heavy industry and as such also has the lowest property rates in the district. The small city is home to 50,000 people and most jobs are blue collar but the number of white collar jobs has been increasing lately and a few new offices have gone up in the last ten years. Also, in a attempt to get more buissness and tourism, many hotels have been put up and tours are being offered of many old mines in the area as well as new laws protecting remaining greenspace on the mountain. The centre of town features an old drainage system for one of the old iron mines converted into a pleasant lake and parkland since 1923 and has helped to add some allure to the city. However because of its reputation, air quality and ugly skyline and factories scattered here and there, the city has not been able to enjoy the strong real estate market the rest of the district enjoys. Despite this many residents still take good care of their properties and the cities appearance is better then ever. 

Orange.jpg&ei=TcjcS62ZJYLGlQfr0v3WBw&sa=

OVERVEIW

mntn1.png

directory.png

DOWNTOWN

mntn2.png

mntn10.png

mntn7.png

mntn9.png

mntn6.png

NORTH SUBBURBS

mntn3.png

mntn11.png

mntn5.png

SOUTH SUBBURBS AND SMALL BUISSNESS AIRPORT

mntn8.png

SURROUNDING RURAL EXPANSE

mntn4.png

THANKS FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!

SPECIAL NOTICES:

- Firstly, thanks to the simcity4 Community Magazine for their feature of the Callahorn Empire in their third and latest edition. I'm am greatly flattered. 4.gif

- Second, I apoligize for the standard of this update, I have just completed a whole new town for the next update so it will be of higher quality but I thought I would show this old stuff anyway. Hope you enjoyed it!

Jamonbread

martinowalogo.png

Martinowa is one of the oldest towns in the Southwest Quadrant of the Capitol District and is home to many historic sites such as the Saint. Martina Monastary (now converted into a hospital as well as museum) and chapel as well the world famous spring of Bengar. The town's main buissness is the bottling of the world renound water from the spring and is home to the coperate headquarter of the Bengar Springs Company. Some of the water is redirected to the town square pond and is perfectly clean to drink for tourists. The town is quite well off and is home to about 10 000 residents. The municipality also controls the nearby town of Bengar Hill in which many Martinowa residents also work. The forests surrounding the community are full of hiking trails as well as game reserves. Lets take a tour.

OVERVEIW

martinowa1.png

DOWNTOWN

martinowa2.png

BOTTOM: SAINT MARTINA MONASTARY,  TOP RIGHT: BENGAR SPRING HEADQUARTERS

martinowa7.png

MARTINOWA

martinowa12.png

martinowa8.png

martinowa3.png

martinowa11.png

martinowa9.png

martinowa6.png

martinowa10.png

martinowa4.png

THE ROAD TO BENGAR HILL

martinowa5.png

THANKS SO MUCH FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!

- Updates will resume on a regular basis 4.gif

--- REPLIES ---

DCMetro34- Wow thanks a lot!

Treason04- Welcome back and thanks a lot, I try to be as real as possible, I'm really trying to work with the contours of the map this time around. Haha sorry, its been the longest time between updates yet!

Patriotizzy- Thanks, always a pleasure.

JGellock- Thanks a bunch, glad you liked the effect. It was a new thing I was trying.

Lesgaz- Thanks very much for your comment!

Daan300- Thanks, maybe ill try more photo editing in the future. Thanks again for the luck, they all went well 9.gif. Ive been lazy to begin updating again.

ImVhOzzi- Thanks very much!

sumwonyuno- Thanks, the park was actually pretty simple to make, needed to spice the neighbourhood up a little bit, it was getting repetitive.

Simbourgeois- Welcome to the Empire... thanks a lot 4.gif

Halopwner1- Thanks a lot, glad you liked it.

Jamonbread

charlovalelogo.png

Charlovale is the one of the newest developments in the Capitol District and the newest bourough of Kingsville. The bourough itself is split into two smaller sectors, the hill sector and plain sector. Charlovale features two parks with walking trails but mostly allowed to grow in and create natural meadows. There are also many bands of protected forest alond the edge of the hills to prevent errsion and in the plains to block the wind from the farmland. Despite regulations discouraging new low density development and a greenbelt plan, Charlovale continues to grow at a rapid rate. Most residents commute elsewhere in Kingsville or to the capitol however congestion is an ever growing issue for the community and buissness and industry has not taken off in this part of Kingsville. Here is the city.

OVERVEIW

overveiw.png

CHARLOVALE

kingsville5.png

kingsville12.png

kingsville6.png

kingsville11.png

kingsville10.png

kingsville4.png

kingsville3.png

kingsville9.png

kingsville1.png

EDMUND CHARLING PARK

kingsville8.png

kingsville7.png

KINGSVILLE NUCLEAR STATION

kingsville2.png

*Special Note: Updates may not resume until July 1st because of exams. Thanks for being paitent and stating with the Journal.

THANKS FOR VISITING THE EMPIRE!

---REPLIES---

JGellock- Thanks very much for your comment!

CTMandR- I'm glad I was able to capture the rural atmosphere. Thanks a lot!

patriotizzy- Props4.gif Thanks for the awesome comments!

Daan300- Thanks a lot! Ah, you noticed the new rock mod! I downloaded it by accident when I thought I found the limestone mossy rocks from your CJ but turns out I really did need your link. I havent downloaded them yet, I just created an account at pegasus but double thanks!

Jamonbread

ReeLorLogo.png picture by Jamonbread2

The Ree Lor waterway is home to many rare plants and animals included small bottom feeding fish, certain marsh bushes and is the habitat for many endangered seabirds and small animals. It is one of the only sea marshes in the district because of errosion prevention and development over the centuries. This waterway is also a very important tourist site to the area and community. Over 10,000 boats pass through the waterway every summer month! The Ree Lor is the gateway to the Vast fishing grounds to the west for fishers in the Callahorn Bay because it acts as a safe and fast alternative to going around the Aquonjor Penninsula. Enjoy the pictures of this short but great waterway.

DIRECTORY

directoryd.png

THE WATERWAY

mosaic1t.png

mosaic2.png picture by Jamonbread2

reelor1.png

reelor3.png

reelor5.png

reelor6.png 

2mosaic1.png

2mosaic2.png 

reelor4.png

reelor10.png 

reelor8.png

reelor7.png

KINCARDINE HILL

reelor2.png

reelor9.png

---REPLIES---

ClarkJordan12345- Ah man, thanks a lot! Really appriciate it!

Motina- Hope you enjoyed my CJ! Thanks a lot!

TowerDude- No, you rock for that awesome comment, thanks. 3.gif

encomnium- Thanks, the inland farms were the most difficult to mix into the coast.

kolnikov inc- Most are just maxis farms with ploppables on top such as the cows and rural realism mod. Others can all be found on the STEX. Search sunflower farm for the yellow farm and I actually wouldnt suggest the tree farm, it grows like a weed and I couldnt find it anyway but its definatley off simtropolis. Thanks for commenting!

esclivnavia- Thanks a lot! Appriciate your comment! I dont know if theres a forest tutorial, but if you want a tip I place small tress first then large trees, and fill up all the remaining sapce with my last tree selection, then I run my cursor acroos with brown grass (looks like dirt) and small flora. It's taken a lot of practice.

Daan300- Thanks a lot Daan! I cant help but take inspiration for you! 3.gif Funny how I hate subburbs in real life, but love recreating them.

eufl- Thanks, and no you don't. But it was measured in weeks in combination with this last update, im done with marshes for a bit!

patriotizzy- Thanks very much!

sumwonyuno- Thanks a lot... happy to know my work payed off!

Jamonbread

armendkalogo.png
The Town of Armendka has a population of 9,000 and is the regional headquarters for many companies operating on the Aquonjor Peninsula (actually an island seperated by the Ree Lor) and surrounding islands. Its main industry is turning raw materials from the peninsula into secondary goods and shipping them by train to the capitol. Idealy situated along the Ree Lor Waterway and along the only major road (Aquonjor Seaway) that connects Skuttle Township, Hailington, and Aquonjor to the mainland. It is also home to many marine reasearchers and activists as it is at the edge of the Capitol District and close to many marine preserves as well as along established fishing industry. For such a small town, Armendka is quite modern and has been able to maintain a stable workforce. Lets take a look.

DIRECTORY

directory.png

OVERVEIW

overveiw.png

mosaic1.png

mosaic2.png

mosaic3.png

MARINERS ISLE

armendka9.png

DOWNTOWN

armendka13.png

armendka10.png

armendka11.png

2mosaic1.png

2mosaic2.png

OLD GLORY BRIDGE

armendka12.png

EAST BEACHVALE

armendka8.png

*Sorry about the mosiacs! I don't know what I was doing tonight but obviously it wasn't good.

---REPLIES---

Retep Molinari- Thanks a lot! Your support is appriciated!

DCMetro34- Thanks for the rating! Very much appriciated!

dimipol006- Thanks, it kind of happened by accident. Good to have you back!

Schulmanator- Thanks very much, that is a city, is it not. 3.gif

Daan300- Thanks, I took a lot of inspiration for the rocky shoreline from your CJ. Too bad about the curves, I think I had checked it off many versions ago before I relized how annoying pavement base textures would be and have not been able to reverse it since. The RHW is turning out to be a great work around though. Thanks again!

Craig of Ireland- Well well. In fact I am a fan of Terry Brooks! But I actually got many names from another series from the genre, The Iron Elves. I actually created sort of my own language which fits those names. For example "jor" and "jeen" mean city. As soon as you said that I made the connection with Leah and your CJ. Leah would have been my second choice as a name! Thanks for commenting!  

Jamonbread

delmeltruklogo.png

- SOUTH -

Del Meltruk is one of the largest cities in the capitol district even though it is considered a sort of subburb to the capitol. Estimates show the population of Del Meltruk reaching one million people by 2015 and may even surpass Hushenna Bay in high quality commercial jobs, but that is yet to be seen. South Del Meltruk is ome to some of the oldest subburbs and the village of South Del Meltruk, also known as "Meltruk on the rocks" for its location near the shoreline. The major coastal highway and railline run through this section as well as Oceanside boulavard, an ancient seaside route now a busy avenue. Most residents work in the village but it is not rare that people make the commute to Kenningsjor, central Del Meltruk and Celwyn, the capitol. Those living in Del Meltruk have available to them their own hospital, three elementry schools, one high school, sea side boardwalks and paths, and a small beach. There are also major ferry, rail and bus terminals in the area and a glr terminal may be in the works if the Keningsjor-capitol line is given approval. Its great system of woodland buffers makes the area a desirable place for home buyers as does its location near the ocean. Lets take a look at this southern Del Meltruk satellite!

DIRECTORY

southdmdirectory.png

OVERVEIW

southdm5.png

southdm1.png

mosaic1.png

mosaic2.png

southdm8.png

FONTAIN RESEVOIR

southdm9.png

ALONG THE COAST

southdm7.png

southdm10.png

A LOOK FARTHER INLAND

southdm4.png

southdm11.png

southdm12.png

SOUTH POINT

2mosaic2.png

2mosaic1.png

*Special Note: Del Meltruk is only about half complete, therefore I was not able to show you a larger veiw of this areas location nor the city as a whole's centre. I just wanted to show you a little city life before moving on to some smaller seaside towns.

The Empire salutes you!

---REPLIES---

isayHeyz- Thanks for the compliment and the rating! Very much appriciated.

shyguy from SC4D- Welcome back and thanks! I'm glad you liked it cause it takes forever to do!

k50dude- Wow thank you! Picture nine is one of my favourites too, just trying out the new RHW.

eufl- Very flattering message! Improvement takes time, I hope to see one of your CJ's one day 4.gif

iGod- Thanks very much! I know what you mean about the NWM, I'm just glad my style of cities fits with it cause I'm realy enjoying using it. It IS a shame there is only one university set, after one or two updates with the same set i can't really use it. There should be a university BAT group just like all the airport groups but one can only dream... anyway back to why i'm here, thanks! 3.gif

Daan300- Thanks a lot for the continued support. Transitions are just my favourite to recreate. I know exactly what you mean about the annoying texture under the turns. The pic in number nineis actually RHW and the others from NAM roads. I tried to fix it so there were no textures below but I can't find the option during setup! If you know please fire away. But, as a work around, all my turns at this point are RHW. You may not see it all the time because much of the development in my updates are months old but im trying to upgrade here and there. Thanks again!

Jamonbread

click to zoom

Irkland Lake was established in 1818 as a town for the wealthy to vacation and build their summer manors. By the turn of the century, the town had begun to decline and the town was only supported by the surrounding farm income. In 1903, the town was choosen as the site for a new method of creating ammonia (a critical ingredient of fertilizer and explosives) called the Haber Process because of its secluded location and proximity to fresh water. The town experianced a boom and become a major supplier of ammonia to the capitol and home of many ammonia production buissnesses. In 1934, the town once again encountered a rough period as the haber process was made safer and allowed to be produced within the capitol itself, a much less expensive production site. Many homes and offices were abandoned during this time. In the last ten years many houses have been renovated and bought as cottages and offices restored to hotels. Today the town still has a decent manufacturing industry and a strong tourism industry. With a new rail service departing directly from Celwyn, the town has seen a great deal of investment and new hope in the town.

OVERVEIW

irklandlake1.png

irklandlake2.png

irklandlake4.png

Irkland Lake Marriot

irklandlake10.png

SIR EDGARJEEN CHURCH

irklandlake13.png

Irkland Industry

mosiac1.png

mosiac2.png

irklandlake6.png

RURAL IRKLAND

irklandlake5.png

irklandlake9.png

WEST IRKLAND LAKE (Radio Bay)

irklandlake3.png

2mosiac1.png

2mosiac2.png

Thanks for your intrest in the Empire!

(Apoligizes for the late update, on the weekend I lost the update when the site was down!)

---REPLIES---

Plane-Crash12000- Thanks very much! I must admit most logos are stolen and just tweaked a bit but I enjoy it.

shyguy from SC4D- I'm glad I've been able to inspire you! My creations are all influenced from past CJ's here on simtropolis so I hope I can pass some ideas along. Thanks for your support!

CTMandR- Thanks a lot! One of the best ways to create realism is using history so I appriciate your comment.

Daan300- I’m glad you like my new stuff! I just needed a fresh start and some down time. I appreciate your returning support!
iGod- I would have happily helped you out but I see from your CJ you have already found them! Great use of them by the way. Thanks for your continuing a support, always a pleasure to read your comments.

Jamonbread

kingsuniversitylogo.png

Kings University has been rated the Capitol districts second overall finiest University in the district five years in a row. Its a great and popular alternative to Celwyn Capitol University and University of the Empire because it is much smaller and spread out for students of the subburbs and rural surroundings. Kings University is also very well known for its Engineering program due to its influence on the nearby industrial park and workplacement oppurtunities. Seconds from downtown Kingsville, it is still in a great location and shuttles run to Celwyn and Del Meltruk's nearest light rail and subway stations. King's University is a great addition to the community and is a large reason Kingsville Industry is booming. Lets take a look at this prestegious campus!

maroon.jpg&ei=4yXrS9b2E4KdlgeA_MycBA&sa=
University Directory

universitydierctory1.png
universitydierctory2.png

University Location

university1.png

Arts Faculty

click to zoom

Main Entrance

university2.png

Thanks for Visiting the Empire! Stay tuned for an Update this weekend on the small town of Irkland Lake!

----REPLIES----

Treason04 - Wow, no thank you! I really appriciate you saying that!

Jamonbread

click to zoom

Kingsville was incorporated in 1756 as a small village sprouted up in the farmland. It never gained any wealth or importance as its landlocked location made it hard to reach and all wealth in the area was concentrated in the capitol. In 1905 however, city growth reached the edge of the city and with the invention of the car and development of expressways, Kingsville became the perfect nest for new families. Its population between 1950 and 1960 went from 16,000 to 80,000 in just one decade, Kingsville’s growth was rudely halted in 1976 after the first ever greenbelt went into affect which doesn’t totally protect the farm land but drastically limits growth. Kingsville now has a population of 120,000 and is home to 62,000 jobs. Kingsville is now concentrating on improving quality of life and infrastructure such as extending the I-62 through the city. It is also growing upwards and has seen its first large high-rise complexes go up in the past ten years. Kingsville’s impressive central business district has lots of room to grow thanks to government initiatives for large scale office complexes and a tax system discouraging low rise offices which often waste quality land. Kingsville is now a cheap and close option for capitol commuters with small families. Lets take a look at the core of the city…

Kingsville Core

kingsville13.png

Core Directory

kingsvilledirectory.png

CBD Mosaic

mosaic1.png

mosiac2.png

mosaic3.png

Pictures without comment...

kingsville11.png

kingsville5.png

kingsville6.png

kingsville10.png

kingsville12.png

kingsville7.png

click to zoom

kingsville9.png

Thank you for visiting the Empire!

----REPLIES-----

Shyguy from SC4D - Thanks for comment and support!

Kessler - The region is NHP's Boston V2 map but the developed cities are not downloadable.

B33Rm47 - Thanks very much, I was following the contours of the map and the creeks worked out quite nicely!

CHR - Wow, thanks a lot! I try to break up the grid system where I can... the curves and greenery I find help a lot.

(From Archives) Motina - Thanks a lot, thats my favourite picture as well!

Thanks to all for the support!

Jamonbread

paymasterlogo.png

Welcome to Paymaster! Paymaster is an elite subburb of Hushenna bay, which gained its independence from Hushenna only about 60 years ago during the "subburban revolution". Its historic city centre was ripped apart for beachside condos except for the town hall, which was previously an army headquarters for the Celwyn Home guard South Division, now disbanded. Paymaster has a great location on the Bay, along two highways heading into Hushenna, the coastal railway line, two beautiful creeks, and right across a small inlet from Hushenna B, an overflow fianancial district created in the 1980's. Paymaster features a small beach and recreational trails for its residents and property values for the small homes are astronomical. Without further ado, here are some pictures.

Town overveiw

paymaster12.png

The Small Seaside Downtown

paymaster1.png

paymaster6.png

paymaster9.png

Upper Paymaster

paymaster2.png

paymaster7.png

paymaster10.png

Lower Paymaster

paymaster3.png

paymaster5.png

paymaster8.png

paymaster11.png

The United Paymaster Church (Est. 1901) 

paymaster4.png

REPLIES:

isayHeyz - Thanks a lot! Hope you like my new stuff too!

iGod - Thanks a lot, the isles are my favourite as well. Touche 3.gif. I did say I was guilty of mixmatching as well, however I feel because it is such a small town, the different styles accent the towns growth over time in the concentrated downtown. Your city seemed more grand, that is why it looked sort of mismatched, but it was still great!

Thanks for your comment!

Jamonbread

Archives

callahornlogo.jpg

Here is a list of cities in this region covered by my previous CJ. For a quick overveiw, scroll down and take a look at the overveiw shots of each city. For a more detailed gander, follow the below link to my old CJ. The next update will cover new content!

Link to previous CJ: http://www.simtropolis.com/cityjournals/?p=toc&id=873

TIMBERVILLE

timbervilleoverveiw1.jpg

HALRANIAN SPRINGS

downtowns.jpg

TALLY ISLAND

nntallysubburb1.jpg

N'BHAT

smallislandsnopop.jpg

KONOWA POINT

beach1hj.jpg

ONE OF THE SCOLLY ISLES

littlescollyisland1.jpg

THE WEE ISLANDS

harbourclose1.jpg

KENNINGSJOR BAY

hushennabayoverveiw.jpg

KRITTON

bestfz.jpg

TALISMAN (PLEASANT LAKE)

town1.jpg

Once Again, all following updates will include new content! Hope you enjoyed this Callahorn Empire recap!

Jamonbread

Introduction

WELCOME TO THE CAPITOL DISTRICT OF THE CALLAHORN EMPIRE!

This City Journal is a continuation of my last journal which I ended in December 2009 to concentrate on the game and further develop the region. Time constraints in my real life were too great to maintain a journal and I was still looking to improve my skills at designing cities. This is the same region as the last one just grown further and the core transportation network, names ect. have remained for the most part the same. Through the updates even now you will see some changing styles and subtle mod and tree changes as I continue to experiment.
The CJ will focus on already developed areas and eye-candy but will of course include descriptions and information about the Imperial Empire as I see fit.

regionshot1day.png

regionshot1night.png

GENERAL INFORMATION
Total Imperial population: 1,125,820,000
Economy: Capitalist- Trade intensive
International Affairs: Present in every country. Extremely active in both war, peace keeping and aid.
Unemployment rate: 5%
Healthcare: Universal in Core Provinces (Provided by the Federal Government)
Power Output: 34% Natural Gas, 29% Nuclear, 18% Hydro, 10% coal, 7% wind, 2% other
*There is a large ongoing campaign to make nuclear power the top source of electricity. There is an Imperial law however that forbids nuclear power plants to be constructed outside core provinces.
Resources (Estimated Resource reserve lifespan): Coal- 534 years, Copper- 433 years, Gold- 107 years, Natural Gas- 98 years, Oil- 63 years, Uranium- Unassessed.
Literacy Rate (In core Provinces): 100%
Total Core Provinces (Completely stable and developed, part of the empire for at least 100 years): 246
Total Colonial Provinces: 17
Colonies: 6
Occupied Nations/ Nations at war: 4
Total Economic Activity (Domestic only, excluding colonies): $971,000,000,000,
Estimated Total Economic Activity: $1,450,000,000,000,
GDP per capita (Gross Domestic Product)(excluding colonies): $67,000
Trade Balance (Includes Colonies): Incoming yearly (estimated) $869,000,000
Largest Exports: Communication and Information, Technology, Agriculture, Pharmaceuticals, Financial Services.
Largest Imports: Exotic Spices, Gold.
Currency: Imperial Dollar ($)
Official Languages: English (First Language by 87%), Cellwynian (First Language by < 1%)
*Cellwynian is the ancient Language of the Empire which eventually died out due to the prominent and universal use of English in Trade and Business. The remnants of this language are evident in homeland names and is still taught as a second language as an option in schools.
Religion: Cellwynian (17%), Christian (3%), Muslim (<1%)
*Most citizens have no religious views and this number is increasing at a rate of 0.03%

DEMOGRAPHICS
The Bureau of Settlement reports 89% of the population living in urban environments while 75% of these urban dwellers live in major city centers of over 1 million. Of the 11% of the population living in rural environments, less than 10% live in the Core Provinces, and most are first or second generation immigrants or refugees. The advances in farming towers, fertilizer and the greenhousification of Northern zones have allowed a great amount of food to be produced by very few people.

THE IMPERIAL PHILOSOPHY
The Callahorn Empire has reigned supreme in the world for centuries through strategic balance of Authority but also citizen rights. Those under the empire have full rights and freedoms. However, anything threatening the Empire is quickly subdued, whatever the cost. The Empire does not hesitate to intervene in extreme cases with military, sanctions, and by revoking freedom of speech in certain areas for durations of time. The Empire believes it is their destiny to Rule (or at least have presence everywhere) in the world. The Empire never grants independence and rarely grants Protectorate grants.

ABOUT THE CAPITOL DISTRICT
The Capitol District was built with Grandeur in mind. The Capitol reflects the Empires status as a world superpower. As required by the Office of State Stability and The Settlement Bureau, The Capitol district must remain above 10 million and grow faster than any other city. This is done by any means necessary which includes involuntary relocation of families. However this has proven a hard task because most banks exempting government controlled institutions such as the Royal Bank of Callahorn, and Campbell Block International keep operations in less regulated cities. The region is somewhat North American in design but much denser reflecting the intense population of the Empire. The Capitol District has an unemployment rate of less than 1% thanks to intervention in the region by the government.

BREIF HISTORY
Empire Created: Imperial year 0
Present date: 2010
The empire became an empire after the wealthy republic of Celwyn won its first war against its neighbor Juan. The land the capitol sits upon has actually been inhabited for thousands of years before the creation of the empire. The metropolis has been the centre of trade and communication ever since and is considered the centre of the world.  

BREIF INFORMATION CONCERNING GOVERNMENT
The Empire is a half democracy. All levels except the very head of state at Federal (Imperial) level are elected. Elections are loosely based in the same way as British Politics. The Head of State is elected but can only be removed if they commit an act of injustice or lose the desire to run the Empire in a beneficial way to all its members. This recent rule was added in the last 150 years and has never been used.  Most services are provided by the Imperial Government such as major infrastructure, utility, and communication Projects. They also provide a loose curriculum for educational boards and Universal Healthcare. To do this, most taxes taken are fed into the Imperial Government so funding is well balanced across the empire to keep it stable and to keep poor pockets within the Core Provinces from developing. Provincial Governments are mostly put in place for dealing with regional issues and smaller projects that are of little importance to the empire as a whole.

REGIONAL LAYOUT
The region is meticulously zoned and designed to support the capitol at all costs and protect the remaining fertile farmland to keep a stable local food supply for the key capitol metropolitan area. The Capitol District is one of very few districts which banned the use of farming towers to maintain a pleasing appearance.  As such, the regions infrastructure pivots around the Celwyn Hub. To protect the farmland there is also a green belt and an integrated system of protected natural lands. However there are 4-5 large urban centers in the district depending on how you look at it. Here is the current region Directory and Transportation Map.

regionshot1directory.png

Full Resolution Link: http://img402.imageshack.us/i/regionshot1directory.png/

1. Timberville                                                                   12. Celwyn Capitol City

2. Apache Valley                                                             13. Hushenna Beach

3. Moffat                                                                           14. Paymaster

4. Irkland Lake                                                                 15. South Tally Island

5. Urhillian Mountain                                                       16. North Tally Island

6. Kritton                                                                           17. Konowa Point

7. Pleasant Lake                                                             18. N'bhat

8. Kingsville                                                                     19. Culleenjun Point

9. Dreaska                                                                       20. Wee Islands

10. Kenninsjor Bay                                                          21. Scolly Isles

11. Del Meltruk                                                                22. Skuttle Bay Township (Aquonijor)

23. Hailington 

regionshot1transportati.png

Full Resolution Link: http://img208.imageshack.us/i/regionshot1transportati.png/

Orange: Expressway                                                           Blue Dotted: Ferry Route

Green: Major Rural Route (4-2 lane)                                  Yellow Dot: Major Urban Centre / Transportation Hub

Tree: Imperial / Regional Park                                            Blue Dot: Small Urban Centre / Transportation Priority

QUADRANTS
The Capitol District is split up into 8 quadrants to better manage local issues and allow for different regional laws and account for a balance of rural and urban interests. Each quadrant has a Capitol. Celwyn, the Imperial Capitol, is the only city which is not included in a quadrant. As you may be wondering why there are 8 quadrants, it is because during the founding of the district, only 4 quadrants were created but four more have been created since due to large population growth and a fifth along the Celwyn river basin is being discussed at present.

MODDS AND PLUGINS
I do grow my cities as the game was meant to be so I stay away from plopping too much and demand Modds. I do however have a Modd to increase agricultural demand, but that is where I limit myself. For money, I use a casino no longer on the exchange to my knowledge which gives a 6 billion dollar income a month, so I run the game for a month and destroy it. My cities do end up running a surplus for the most part by maxis year 100 anyway. Other Modds include multiple tree Modds, terrain Modds, and water Modds (Brigantine) all created by Pegasus. If you are new and do not recognize the curved roads ect. in the game I also obviously use the latest NAM and RHW. All plugins can be found on the STEX or LEX. The above may be subject to change and this plug-in information will not be updated.

THANKS
If you are coming back, thank you for carrying support to my new CJ. I hope you enjoyed this detailed information. The Empire thanks you!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0