• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

This journal follows the growth of a village by the name of Talley located near a scenic mountain range. But a village can't always stay alone... Come let Mayor Ramsey show you his lovely...

Entries in this City Journal

Shortie12

topbannerp.jpg

3rdpostroadtosuccessban.jpg

Welcome back to Talley! It’s been a while since you last visited and the town has certainly developed!

3rdposttownviregood.jpg

This is how the town looks now. My, it has grown! The new residential development definitely makes little ol’ Talley look a bit bigger. The community is hoping the developer will consider another project because despite a few faulty street lamps, it was developed to a satisfactory standard. You might have also noticed the brand new roads, yes, we have finally upgraded! Those slippery old dirt roads are now much better gravel roads. As you can guess, the town was very excited and everyone took out their cars and went for a spin.

spizzeriagood.jpg

The good news just keeps on coming! A new business has set up shop in Talley that the local’s are raving about. Barney’s Pizzeria opened last week and has had customer’s coming in and out nonstop. Barney says reason it’s so popular is because of the great taste and I can confirm this, the pizza’s are amazing! They have all the originals plus a signature pizza dedicated to the town called the “Todd cod pizza” which features the beautiful tasting Todd River Cod. Oh, I should stop rambling about food and start telling you more about the town!

3rdposttownsquareplansg.jpg

You may have also noticed the gap around the town hall. Sadly, despite the success of the businesses in Talley, shops have not grown as quickly as houses. We are hoping though that there will be some more interest as the town grows more and that one day our dream of a busy town square will become a reality. Even if it means I have to build some shops myself and rent them out to people!

3rdpostresidentialdevel.jpg

Although we don’t know if the first development company in Talley will create a new development, we have been informed that a new company will be building here. The company has already built the road for the new development and its proposal has been accepted. It is welcome by the community as it means that they will soon have more people to meet and discuss pie recipes with.

2ndpostdirtyhousesgood.jpg

3rdpostgossipgood.jpg

In an update to the gossip I gave you last time, I’d like to tell you that the houses still haven’t cleaned up! The council has accepted the neighbours request to take action towards the owners of the dirty houses and has issued a warning that if they don’t clean the property, they will risk being prosecuted. Another piece of juicy gossip for you, Fred and Gary who own the shops next to Barney’s pizzeria have apparently become jealous of Barney’s success and are plotting some kind of scheme for revenge. We do not know what it will be but I recommend Barney stays alert; Gary and Fred can be pretty troublesome when they get together.

See You Again Soon !

( Comments really appreciated teeth_smile.gif )

You may have also noticed the gap around the town hall. Sadly, despite the success of the businesses in Talley, shops have not grown as quickly as houses. We are hoping though that there will be some more interest as the town grows more and that one day our dream of a busy town square will become a reality. Even if it means I have to build some shops myself and rent them out to people!

Shortie12

Town Gets A Hall

2ppzi2s.jpg

e9u2aa.jpg

Welcome back to Talley! The town’s grown quite a bit since you last visited. Allow me to show you!

hrzlds.jpg

We’ve finally built the town hall! Now Talley really feels like a town. Yes, I did say town, since we built the hall, we’ve received town status! All the folks here are rather proud. It shows all our work has paid off. The council will locate its office in the hall and future events will also take place there. You might have noticed the palm trees at the front; no, Tally isn’t turning tropical! Once the hall was complete the council decided some landscaping would be required out the front so they ordered some trees. Unfortunately, we received the wrong trees! Rather than causing bother, the council decided to keep the trees. So now Talley has its own little bit of the tropics.

5u1vg8.jpg

Here’s how Talley looks now. As you can see, Fred and Gary’s farms have grown well. Fred will be farming animals while Gary will farm fruit. Trees have also been cleared to make way for even more farms!

o0yn4k.jpg

Now that farms have started growing around Talley, the town has built some silos. This is great as it is an incentive for other people to start farms here! Funding for the silos came from an anonymous source (though the locals suspect Fred and Gary) and the town is hiring workers to maintain the silos.

20s93ed.jpg

Our little town just keeps on growing! The growing number of jobs available in Talley attracted interest by a small development company. The company, ResiCo, submitted a proposal to build a small residential development in Talley which was approved. The land has already been cleared and construction is expected to be complete soon.

2mi1co9.jpg

Here’s a little gossip for you, two houses on the edge of Talley have been the talk of the town lately. Citizens aren’t happy with the owners for allowing the houses and yards to become so filthy. A request has been made to the council that the owners be asked to clean up the property but there has been no action yet.

See You Again Soon !

( Comments really appreciated teeth_smile.gif )

Shortie12

Humble Beginnings

4tu8wk.jpg

24w9emx.jpg

Welcome to Talley; Surely the fairest village on the mighty Todd River! I’m Mayor Ramsey, happy to have you here! Let me lay down a bit of history of the village for you. Some years ago, my father, his family, and his friends were travelling down the river on a holiday. Near the end of their trip, they came across a beautiful spot right near a mountain range. They decided they wanted to live in this beautiful spot. So they moored their boats at land and started building. They chopped and gathered wood from the tall trees in the area and made themselves a pier. After the pier was finished other people were able to dock their boats and bring more materials with them. With these materials people were able to build houses, businesses, streetlights and the good old water tower. But all of this needed power. The village could not afford to build anything fancy, but the area did have coal. So a coal plant was the obvious solution. Once the plant was finished, power flowed through the village. The citizens were heavy with pride for their city and named it Talley. There are many more tales the good folk of Talley would happily tell you, but that was the villages brief history. Now, let me show you around.

2z9bfqr.jpg

Well, this is Talley. Isn't it great!? Yes, it's a small but kind community. Come to Talley and you'll be greeted with one of old Mrs. Mason's apple pies (which I must say are absolutely delicious) and taken on a tour of the area with Mr. Pollin. Talley's simply a great place to be in.

20st2xt.jpg

Now, Talley may be small but it is growing fast. We hope to soon have our very own town hall! Twin brothers, Gary and Fred, are starting up the very first farms in the area which will create produce for the village.We're hoping to build a silo once the farms have started up to attract more farming in the area, if we can find the money of course.

14smjb.jpg

The pier, where it all started. The people of Talley love to take a stroll down the pier or a swim in the river. A number of years ago, the pier received an upgrade. Lights, gates and chairs were all installed. It was pretty exciting for the village because it meant people could walk down the pier at night safely and sit down to watch the moons reflection on the calm water.

14kw7cl.jpg

The old water tower has been an icon of Talley since it was founded. Not only does it supply precious water, but there's an amazing view if you take the stairs to the top. 

ff2vki.jpg

This is Talley's coal power plant. Yes, I know, pollution. But this was all the village could afford and we had a hefty amount of coal. So for now, the coal plant's staying right where it is.

28kt5xc.jpg

Remember the twins I told you about earlier? Gary and Fred? Well they also own the villages only business's. They both own little shops where the locals can buy their groceries, so they're constantly competing (hence why they're both also starting farms at the same time). They're always trying little gimmick's to persuade people to shop at theirs and not the others. Like one time when Fred offered 50% off, Gary offered 75% off. People of Talley don't take part in their little competition, and will shop at Fred's one week then Gary's the next.

33cneyd.jpg

I just thought I'd show you the reason why people chose to live in Talley. The beautiful scenery around the village. The tree's, the river, and the mountains provide an excellent environment to live in.

See You Again Soon !

( Comments really appreciated teeth_smile.gif)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0