• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

By Muck308

Entries in this City Journal

Muck308

2010 Trixie Celebration

A Trixie for Tuscarora? I never expected that! Thanks to my loyal audience for all your support! This cj is now retired but why not have a little celebration?

trixie001.png

fenwickmosaic1piece1.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece2.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece3.jpg

trixie002.png

Congratulations to Sgt Pepper for the nomination as well! Happy New Year!

Muck

Muck308

End of the Line

replies10.jpg

I got my computer out of storage today to grab some files. I thought it would be a good time to take the final Tuscarora pics. No editing here... just the basics. Here is what was never shown (mostly) as well as what was on the agenda. This will be the final update for Tuscarora. The plugins folder is just far too difficult to manage. But don't fret! This is a big update!

Let's start with Bogdon

bogdon009.jpg

bogdon010.jpg

bogdon001.jpg

bogdon002.jpg

bogdon003.jpg

bogdon006.jpg

bogdon007.jpg

bogdon008.jpg

bogdon004.jpg

bogdon005.jpg

bogdon011.jpg

bogdon012.jpg

Here is a bit of the coast just north of Granya

coast001.jpg

coast002.jpg

This little spot made an appearance in Schulmania. The rail line you see goes around the mountains between Devlin And Granya. Technically... you could walk there faster, as the crow flies that is.

smithton001.jpg

smithton002.jpg

Mineola is the sight of Tuscarora's old airport and is the spot where I taught myself how to make sunken highways.

mineola009.jpg

mineola010.jpg

mineola001.jpg

mineola002.jpg

mineola003.jpg

mineola013.jpg

mineola007.jpg

mineola005.jpg

mineola006.jpg

mineola008.jpg

mineola011.jpg

mineola012.jpg

mineola004.jpg

What trip to Tuscarora would be complete without a stop in Fenwick?

fenwick006.jpg

fenwick007.jpg

fenwick001.jpg

fenwick008.jpg

fenwick002.jpg

fenwick003.jpg

fenwick004.jpg

fenwick005.jpg

Hampton is just beyond Flourtown and this, my friends is truly the end of the line.

hampton001.jpg

hampton002.jpg

hampton005.jpg

hampton004.jpg

hampton003.jpg

Like I said... end of the line. 2.gif

hampton006.jpg

Expect another cj from me sometime in the future... but not for many months down the road. I've some RL to tend to! Thanks so much to all of you for visiting over the last year and a half! It has meant a lot to me that so many have enjoyed my city building!

Muck

10.gif

Muck308

Mendorora

replies10a.jpg

I thank you all for being patient. Honestly I must have spent six or seven days shoveling tiny minions of the sky that perpetually fall in my driveway. But enough excuses, please enjpy the city of Mendorora.

mendororanight4.jpg

mendororanight3.jpg

mendororanight2.jpg

mendororanight1.jpg

mendororanightavenue1.jpg

mendororacentral1.jpg

mendororacentral2.jpg

mendororacentral3.jpg

mendororacircle1.jpg

mendororacircle2.jpg

The best thing about Mendorora is the abundance of street markets. Even in the modern city center, vast amounts of goods are haggled over from sun up to sun down.

mendororamarket1.jpg

mendororamarket4.jpg

mendororamarket3.jpg

The station Market is almost exclusive to Devliners, as far as vendors that is. There must be a Riverdogs game today.

mendororastation1.jpg

The largest of Mendorora's markets is in the old part of the city, as that is where more tourists are found.

mendororamarket2.jpg

mendororateaser2.jpg

mendororaold2.jpg

mendororapoint1.jpg

mendororanightfountain1.jpg

mendororametro1.jpg

mendororaold1.jpg

mendororaold3.jpg

mendororaoverview1.jpg

Thanks for coming!

Muck

Muck308

Fenwick: Midwick Plaza

Today we are going back to Fenwick so this is a great time for me to let you all in on a secret. This is my favorite city in Tuscarora. Bogdon was laid out to be the gem, but over the last year I have really grown fond of Fenwick. I have prepared a night-shot only update. We will be focusing on the neighborhood of Midwick, specifically, Midwick Plaza (no doubt inspired by Times Square, NYC.) I changed a few minor things since yesterday's teasers. Enjoy!

fenwickplazaoverview.jpg

fenwickplaza4.jpg

fenwickplaza3.jpg

fenwickplaza2.jpg

fenwickplaza1.jpg

St. Gogarty Square to Midwick Plaza

fenwickmosaic1piece1.jpgfenwickmosaic1piece2.jpgfenwickmosaic1piece3.jpg

fenwickmosaic2piece1.jpgfenwickmosaic2piece2.jpgfenwickmosaic2piece3.jpg

fenwickmosaic3piece1.jpgfenwickmosaic3piece2.jpgfenwickmosaic3piece3.jpg

Muck

Muck308

Flourtown

Today I have prepared for you a little place known as Flourtown. Just east of Julrich, Flourtown hugs the southeast bank of the Raven River and strattles a creek running down from the mountains. I whipped this up in the past week, and I'd be lying if I didn't say this town was inspired by Granya. That appeared to be a farily popular topic so I thought I'd try a spin on the "sloping banks" theme. I hope you enjoy the result.

flourtownoverview1.jpg

flourtownoverview2.jpg

Flourtown grew up just down the hill from Ravenhill Orphanage. An ominous sounding name but also mis-leading. This was, and still is, a wonderful place to grow up. Founded as an asylum to children left as orphans after their parents either met their fate by Ingomar, or died making the journey to Tuscarora.

flourtownoverview3.jpg

flourtownoverview4.jpg

flourtownbridge1.jpg

flourtownlot2.jpg

flourtownlot1.jpg

flourtownbrickwalk3.jpg

The west facing slopes of Flourtown make for awe inspiring sunsets. Fenwick and Bogdon are fuzzy in the distance.

flourtownbrickwalk2.jpg

flourtownbrickwalk1.jpg

flourtownbricklot1.jpg

flourtownlot3.jpg

flourtownhouses2.jpg

flourtownhouses1.jpg

flourtownsquare2.jpg

flourtownsquare1.jpg

flourtownslopes4.jpg

flourtownslopes1.jpg

flourtownslopes2.jpg

flourtownslopes3.jpg

As always, thank you for visiting Tuscarora!

Muck

Muck308

repliesskies.jpg

Here is Carlsberg Intercontinental Airport. Build on the opposite side of Berlinger bay as Bogdon International, this new transportation hub will ease it's predecessor of nearly all of Tuscarora's international passengers. Bogdon Intl. will still be utilized, but primarily for cargo and private liners.

airport001.jpg

airport002.jpg

airport003x.jpg

airport004.jpg

airport005.jpg

airport006.jpg

airport007.jpg

airport008.jpg

airport009.jpg

airport010.jpg

airport011.jpg

airport012.jpg

airport013.jpg

airport014.jpg

airport015.jpg

I hoped there would be a little more traffic, as it looks a little lifeless. But I will settle for what I have. Guess what?!? I finally learned how to put a proper mosaic in without linking it! Enjoy!

airportmosaicpiece1.jpgairportmosaicpiece2.jpgairportmosaicpiece3.jpgairportmosaicpiece4.jpg

As always, thanks for coming!

Muck

Muck308

Suburban Life: Julrich

replies10.jpg

Julrich

julrichoverview1.jpg

Much like it's neighbor to the west, Julrich lies between the Dunbar and Raven rivers. Residents can travel into Fenwick via the southern Highway 507 or the northern Highway 9. Highway 9 is also a well traveled route through Fenwick into Bogdon. Highway 1 begins in central Julrich, just north of Highway 507's start. It then tunnels under the Julrich North Train and Bus Depot, and moves through Banksville toward Bogdon.

julrichcentral1.jpg

julrichcentral2.jpg

Between central Julrich and Fenwick are many homes on tiny lots. Some larger, more affluent homes are to the southeast along the Raven river.

julrichcentralsprawl1.jpg

julrichcourse1.jpg

A creek meanders through town before being channeled underground temporarily. An underground mall, built to rival the large shopping mall off of Highway 9, complements the creek before it trickles through Slipstone Park and into the Raven.

julrichcreek2.jpg

julrichcreek1.jpg

julrichcreekl3.jpg

julrichcreek4.jpg

julrichpark1.jpg

A good number of manufacturers and factories are still here in Julrich, though many were cleared to make way for new homes on spacious lots.

julrichindaustry1.jpg

julrichbridges1.jpg

julrichbridges2.jpg

julrichdepot1.jpg

julrichmall1.jpg

The expansion of Julrich includes a good bit of commercial development, which has been finished and is attracting many shoppers. A high school and elementary school have been built as well.

julrichexpansion2.jpg

julrichexpansion1.jpg

julrichnightoverview1.jpg

julrichmosaic1.th.jpg

julrichmosaic2.th.jpg

Thanks for coming, all! I appreciate your interest.

Muck

Muck308

Granya

I was told that driving into Granya from Devlin would present me with some of the most impressive sights Tuscarora has to offer. I didn't secure an international license before I left, so I took a ride up with the editor of a local paper. We took the bridge past the statue of Tuscaros in Devlin and made our way up the coast.

granyacoast1.jpg

granyachurch1.jpg

We took a quick detour down to the beach before heading through the tunnel into town.

granyabeach1.jpg

granyateaser1.jpg

granyapond1.jpg

Coming through the tunnel on the other side of the mountain...

granyatunnel1.jpg

Welcome to Granya!

granyaoverview1.jpg

granyaoverview2.jpg

granyaoverviewclose1.jpg

granyaoverviewclose2.jpg

granyaoverviewclose4.jpg

granyaoverviewclose3.jpg

granyacenter1.jpg

granyacenter3.jpg

granyacenter4.jpg

granyacenter5.jpg

granyacenter6.jpg

granyacenter2.jpg

granyastation1.jpg

granyageneral1.jpg

granyaferry1.jpg

The furniture business is alive and well in Granya as well. Furniture from here differs a bit from that which is made in Fenwick. You'll find much more intricate designs coming from Granya.

granyaindustry1.jpg

granyaindustry2.jpg

granyaharbor2.jpg

granyaharbor1.jpg

Fergusson Street is home to Granya's central shopping district as well as restaurants and pubs.

granyaretail1.jpg

granyaretail2.jpg

granyaretail3.jpg

granyarowhomes1.jpg

granyarowhomes3.jpg

granyarowhomes2.jpg

granyarowhomes4.jpg

Granya eventually expanded to the other side of the inlet. A grand hotel was constucted but significant retail space was not. If you stay here, you'll have to ferry across for shopping. The marina, however, is on the northern side with the hotel.

granyaouterharbor1.jpg

granyabrigades1.jpg

granyacoast2.jpg

granyacoast3.jpg

granyanightharbor1.jpg

granyanight1.jpg

granyanightretail1.jpg

Here's the B&B I stayed in for the night.

granyanightretail2.jpg

granyanightharbor2.jpg

Early the next morning we took the tunnel back towards Devlin.

granyatunnel2.jpg

I had a wonderful day in Granya.

As usual, I have linked a couple mosaics. Thanks for coming!

Mosaic 1

Mosaic 2

Muck

Muck308

Devlin

I caught the train today. I took a little trek up north to see Devlin. Devlin began as a tiny shipping and fishing town on Evan's Bay. The bay is just a quick walk from the banks of the Muirchect River. About 80 years ago a canal was dug so trips around Tuscarora's Flats could be avoided. Devlin exploded in population once the canal was dug. There was little room for expansion in Old Devlin (as it is now referred to), so the masses settled the area across the river. Now Devlin's suburbs are just beginning to shake hands with those of Bogdon. Soon the cities will have run into eachother. For now, though, there is still a bit of wilderness in between. Developers are salivating.

Welcome to Devlin!

devlinoverview5.jpg

devlinoverview4.jpg

devlinoverview3.jpg

devlinoverview1.jpg

The station was a bit empty. It is a little big for a city this size. Planning for the future I suppose...

devlinstation1.jpg

The start of the canal from the Muirchect

devlinriverfront2.jpg

devlincurve2.jpg

devlincurve1.jpg

devlinpark3.jpg

devlinpark1.jpg

devlinpark2.jpg

devlindowntown3.jpg

devlindowntown2.jpg

devlindowntown4.jpg

devlindowntown1.jpg

Last year the convention center was built. I didn't catch the name of it but the space issue was solved by building a portion over the railway, which then tunnels under downtown to emerge just before crossing the Muirchect to Devlin Mids. The small port area between old and new Devlin is known as the Mids.

devlinconvention3.jpg

devlinconventionnight1.jpg

devlincemetery1.jpg

devlincemetery2.jpg

devlinbridges4.jpg

devlinnightchurch1.jpg

devlinnightdowntown1.jpg

devlinnightpub1.jpg

devlinnightpub2.jpg

devlinnightpub3.jpg

devlinindustry1.jpg

devlinfringe1.jpg

Crossing the river to the Mids.

devlinmill3.jpg

devlinmill1.jpg

devlinmill2.jpg

devlinmids3.jpg

devlinmids2.jpg

devlinmids1.jpg

devlindocks1.jpg

Old Devlin

devlinold6.jpg

Old Devlin has its own train station as it was built before the poplulation boom.

devlinoldstation1.jpg

devlinold5.jpg

devlinold4.jpg

devlinold2.jpg

devlinold3.jpg

The bridge will take you north to Granya.

devlinold1.jpg

devlinnightold3.jpg

devlinnightold2.jpg

devlinnightold1.jpg

devlinbridges3.jpg

devlinbridges5.jpg

There you have it. 3 mosaics have been linked below as well. The second goes sideways.  Enjoy and thanks for coming!

Mosaic 1

Mosaic 2

Mosaic 3

Muck

Muck308

Ingomar

ingomaroverview1.jpg

I took a short train ride out of Bogdon this morning to see Tuscarora's oldest structure. Ingomar Castle is tucked away in the foothills of the Olive Mountains and resides over the modern day town of Ingomar. This is also the location of Ravenhill University. There is a natural sping that surfaces inside the actual structure. Ingomar built his castle around it. It flows out from under a portion of the castle wall before flowing down the hillside.

ingomarcastlefalls2.jpg

ingomarcastlebridge1.jpg

ingomarcastlehouses3.jpg

ingomarcastlehouses1.jpg

ingomarcastlehouses2.jpg

ingomarfalls1.jpg

Much of the land surrounding the castle is owned by Ravenhill University. The President of the University has a mansion near the castle.

ingomarmansion1.jpg

ingomarnightcastle1.jpg

ingomarnightoverview1.jpg

ingomaruniversitycircle.jpg

ingomaruniversityfield1.jpg

ingomaruniversitydorms1.jpg

ingomaruniversityfringe.jpg

ingomaruniversityfringeo.jpg

ingomaruniversityovervi.jpg

ingomarquad1.jpg

ingomartowncenter1.jpg

ingomarstation1.jpg

ingomarstation2.jpg

ingomarapartments1.jpg

Ingomar (the guy, not the town) had begun construction on a wall to close himself off. It was barely started and never finished. Eventually, Ingomar (the town, not the guy) decided to extend the wall to support a portion of the elevated train network.

ingomarel2.jpg

ingomarel1.jpg

ingomaroverview2.jpg

ingomaroverview3.jpg

ingomarnightart1.jpg

ingomarnightapartments1.jpg

The stream flowing from the spring is eventually channeled into this canal, which then works it's way through Ingomar and Banksville before spilling into the Dunbar River.

ingomarnightchannel1.jpg

Mosaic1

Mosaic2

Muck

Muck308

Big City: Bogdon

It's been 2 weeks and I am back In Tuscarora. Took a cab into Bogdon from the airport. I know, that's not like me. My publisher set me up in a fantastic hotel in Bogdon's Historic District. This is where the first brick was laid, and looking at the cranes beyond these stones walls, I know many more are yet to be mortared. Well, actually no, much of the construction is glass and steel, but I routinely have failed attempts at being poetic. Why else would I end up writing travel books?

Welcome to Bogdon.

bogdon6historic1.jpg

bogdon6historic3.jpg

bogdon6historic2.jpg

bogdon6historic4.jpg

bogdon6historic5.jpg

She's still standing...

bogdon6island1.jpg

bogdon6islandbridge1.jpg

bogdon6ships1.jpg

Bogdon's Central Terminal.

bogdon6station3.jpg

bogdon6station2.jpg

bogdon6station1.jpg

bogdon6nightcbd1.jpg

bogdon6nightcbd2.jpg

bogdon6nighthistoric1.jpg

bogdon6nighttheater1jpg.jpg

bogdon6nightlights1.jpg

bogdon6nightbridge1.jpg

bogdon6nightbridge2.jpg

bogdon6nightbend1.jpg

bogdon6nightavenue1.jpg

bogdon6nightisland1.jpg

I left my map in the room today, but didn't fuss about getting another. I think I'll take this city on it's whims. Who knows what I'll find?

Thanks for checking out Tuscarora! I have a link to a mosaic below. The Montour University neighborhood.

http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/6998/bogdon6mosaic1.jpg

Muck

Muck308

tuscarorahistory2fe8.jpg

I decided to skip the library in Fenwick and instead crossed the river to Bogdon, Tuscarora's largest city. It was also the capital in the early years.The Montour University District is home to a few good libraries.

universitysb3.jpg

I took the train of course.

Here is what I've learned thus far. Tuscarora owes it's name to the man who founded her, Tuscaros. Born in what is now modern day Atravia, Tuscaros grew up listening to stories around the fire at night. The subject of many of those stories was the same here as it was across the world. There was one man who enslaved mankind in perpetual fear. Ingomar circled the globe in an unending cycle, leaving behind only peril. Looking forward only to more. 

When Tuscaros was 7 years old, he was eye to eye with the plaque of mankind himself. The closest thing this world has ever known of the Devil.  It had been about 15 years since the last pass of Ingomar. Brutality was the only lesson learned that day. Tuscaros saw his family and countless others slaughtered at the hand of Ingomar and his army. He swore revenge.

Tuscaros grew to an adept young man. A warrior of unequaled potential. He was able to gain the attention of Ingomar himself and became a member of his crew.

tempranine1ze2.jpg

The Tempranine was the most feared ship of the seas. This was Ingomar's vessel. He led his crew around the world, and they always took more than they needed. Tuscaros eventually learned of the magnificent castle Ingomar had constructed over the years. Slaves had been building it for the last 40 years, and Ingomar was ready to retire, surrounded by the wealth of the world. A brutal death surely awaited the castle's workers, and it was certainly possible that much of the crew would be disposed of as well. No one could leave knowing the location of Ingomar, but surely he didn't intend to retire alone. 

Tuscaros waited. Closer he crept. While the Tempranine rose and fell in a seemingly endless swell of waves, he realized his attack. The sea was spraying. Salt water eyes are no worry to a sailor. It was belived by many that Ingomar could sail the Tempranine by will alone. He stood at the bow. As Tuscaros swung in from behind, he knew Ingomar would detect him, but he was positive it would not be in time. He turned to meet his executioner. They found themselves eye to eye. Just as they had been before. When you stare the Devil down, he never takes his eyes off you.

As for the crew, well lets just say that none of those men would have ever challenged Ingomar. How would they be able to do so for his killer? They did not. The land Ingomar chose to settle down within was for the most part undiscovered, as far as the rest of the world was concerned. It was beautiful. It was green. It was unscorched by Ingomar's flame.

It belonged to the world. 

Many made the trip to Tuscarora. There were resources enough for all. It had belonged to them before and finally returned to them. Tuscaros was worshiped as a savior by many. 

Until recently Tuscarora's primary faith was Muirism, the idea that Tuscaros was led by a divine being to rid the world of evil. The arrival of immigrants recently has driven the national percentage of the faith down. Followers are rarely found outside the country.

Ingomar's castle was beyond the bay. Beyond the cranberry bogs of what is now a metropolis. Nestled in the foothills of the aptly named Olive Mountains. Initially a settlement popped up on a tiny island in Berlinger Bay. This was the true starting point of Tuscarora. 

westernbogdonzv7.jpg

easternsidebogdonvz6.jpg

facadebogdonzm2.jpg

There are three rivers flowing into the bay. Two of them here in Bogdon. The Muirchect from the north. The Dunbar from the east. The Raven River flows from the east as well, and it's banks lie in the cities of Julrich, Fenwick, and Orator. It then turns north just before spilling into the Bay near Southdock. I cannot wait to explore, but that must wait until my next trip as I return home tomorrow. Here are some old representations of the land.

approachbogdonui6.jpg

bendbogdonnf6.jpg

Bogdon was originally declared the capital. But when people came in their masses it was decided to preserve the space in the city for residential and commercial growth. A proper capital was laid out in Delano, making a lovely foreground to the city goverened by it.

A flag depicting the soul of Ingomar, with his heart of black, being cast into Hell was chosen.

flag2sj9.jpg

A lovely beginning to a great nation. As I take a final look at Bogdon, I smile. I am eager to return home for a bit, but am excited to come back here.

bogdonheadqurters1bs0.jpg

I also figured I'd treat you to a region pic. So lets step outside the story for a minute. It's not all built yet, but for the sake of the story, some things should be there already, I will get to areas of high construction eventually, but our friend here is exploring Tuscarora slowly. I think I can make this cj last awhile. So here is what is done for now... 

regionpreview1bu4.jpg

Muck

Muck308

Import Export: Southdock

southdockoverview1dg0.jpg

I have always adored the smell of seawater. Although I am not all that fond of seafood. Well, at least I never used to be. But today I had THE BEST fish sandwich in Southdock. Down on Dock Street on the East Side, I found a great little seafood shack. This part of town looks a lot like the parts of Fenwick I toured recently... but things are a bit different here. Everyone is moving much faster. Day or night, this part of Tuscarora is absolutley buzzing! I am falling in love with this place.

southdockschool1bi7.jpg

southdockhighrises1bu1.jpg

Here is Dock Street. Any time is a good time to come on down.

southdockriversend1du0.jpg

southdockportstreet1ax5.jpg

southdockstation1eg2.jpg

southdockeast2yq0.jpg

southdockdockstreetday1xl1.jpg

southdockfrieght1rv9.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece1ay7.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece2pm7.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece3mp8.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece4ey6.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece5vo8.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece6cv2.jpg

southdockmosaic1piece7vo5.jpg

Some lucky folks perch themselves up here to direct port traffic.

southdocktower1bw2.jpg

dockstreetnight1ji1.jpg

dockstreetnight3hh0.jpg

That sandwhich was so good I went back for another once the sun was down. I sat on a bench on Dock Street and did a bit of people watching. The smells, the sounds, and my God the sights!

Southdock is where all the best that Tuscarora has to offer is shipped off to the rest of the world... so they say. But after today I know that all the best can never be taken away from this land. It's all right here and it is here to stay. 

Tomorrow I am going to coup myslf up in the library from open to close. I have some research to do. Good night!

Muck308

fenwickcentralnight1rp1.jpg

Fenwick is so beautiful at night. The inner city area around my hotel is buzzing yet with a calm steadiness. This city is speaking to me, but I long for the ability to genuinely understand Fenwick. Tomorrow I was going to backtrack into Orator, as I passed through on my first day. Instead, I think I'll hoof it around Fenwick and see what there is to see. Maybe I can get a feel for what this city and this country are all about.

I have certainly seen Fenwick's prosperous side

fenwicksubtorailox9.jpg

fenwickweststreetsta1zj3.jpg

I suppose I'll look for a more run-of-the-mill type of neighborhood, as opposed to a more run-amok type.

fenwicktwostations1ww4.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece1ff1.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece2vj1.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece3ow2.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece4sx0.jpg

fenwickmosaic1piece5cc2.jpg

fenwicknightmarket1gy1.jpg

fenwickoldtown1zw5.jpg

fenwickmoes1tt5.jpg

fenwickschool1ue1.jpg

fenwickbunkertowers3wv7.jpg

fenwickbunkertowers2vn8.jpg

fenwickbunkertowers1vr1.jpg

fenwickwatertower1xz9.jpg

fenwickpedopass2ys6.jpg

fenwickpedopass1sx1.jpg

The neighborhoods of Bevestow and Olney are home to blocks of rowhomes and dirty street corners. This general area has been bulit upon and rebuilt upon since settlement began. This is the land between Fenwick's city center and the Dunbar River. Beyond that are the towers of downtown Bogdon. In this part of town, people are forced to do more with less. As with much of the area surrounding the factories and piers of Southdock. 

Here in Fenwick there is still a strong work force in various production and trade fields. Tuscarora Laborer Union is based in Fenwick. A furniture trade is predominant within in the city's borders. Fenwick furniture is highly regarded the world over and therefore is one of Tuscarora's chief exports.

I look forward to seeing the busy dockland.

southdockteaser1dc5.jpg

Muck

Muck308

Capital City: Delano

sunkenairportjt0.jpg

Wow! What a trip! I am exhausted. And that's just from fighting my way through Bogdon International Airport. It is extremely overcrowded. I can see why they are building a new airport on the other side of Berlinger Bay. After I deboarded and cleared customs, I hopped a train into Fenwick. Bogdon International is actually located in the city of Mineola (Min-ee-oh-la) and I passed through the tiny city of Orator on the way. My hotel is on the same sqaure as the train station here in Fenwick. I am so worn out I didn't even catch the same of the station. I really need to hit the sack. Tomorrow I will be touring Tuscaror

Well I must have been pretty tired last night. I fell asleep mid-sentence! I was almost done too! Anyway, I'm going to check out Tuscarora's capital city, Delano today. I can't wait to get out there on the streets!

Lurkin Circle provides a fine greeting to those traveling into Delano from Bogdon...

delanocircle3sy9.jpg

delanocircle2gx9.jpg

delanocircle1jj1.jpg

This dock used to be reserved for Tuscarora's President, but is now privately owned.

delanodock1kd3.jpg

delanodock2wx6.jpg

Delano National Cathedral is built predominantly from the river rock deposits collected from the Muirchect (m' yer-chek) River.

delanocathedralbridge2ge6.jpg

delanocathedralbridge1wu7.jpg

delanocathedralseawall1xu8.jpg

delanocathedralstatue1et0.jpg

delanocathedralstepsig5.jpg

The center of Delano, just up the hill and past the Cathedral, contains the National concert hall, library, and central offices of government.

delanocenter1zi2.jpg

delanonorthside1bj5.jpg

Beautiful apartment buildings run the length of South Amherst Avenue, most of which serve as dipolatic residence.

delanonightcorner1ji3.jpg

delanonightferryvg7.jpg

For quick access to Bogdon International, The Sowherst Ferry Dock is ideal. It's counterpart, The Nowherst Dock, will do the same for Carlsberg Intercontinental when it is completed.

delanonightferrydock1pw2.jpg

A subway runs between the two.

delanonightsubway2gv8.jpg

delanonightsubway1pu9.jpg

As does the avenue of course.

delanonighttunnelpl9.jpg

The National Gallery has a lovely collection of boulders on the lawn. Locals can often be found dangling and grappling their way along in the day.

delanonightmuseum1dq6.jpg

delanonightboatsws1.jpg

Delano. Tuscarora's Capital.

delanooverviewoa0.jpg

http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/5881/delanomosaic1lc3.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/9421/delanomosaic2rn4.jpg

http://img55.imageshack.us/img55/3179/delanomosaic3dw6.jpg

It is certainly a sight to see! Another long day for me, so that's all for now!

Muck

Muck308

Opportunity Knocking

Hello, all! After one year of Tuscarora, I am finally bringing my inaugural cj to the new section. I'm rarely seen in this particular part of ST, but I hope to change that. Please enjoy my country!

I am delighted to write that my publisher has agreed to sponsor several trips to Tuscarora. The nation is no doubt experiencing a tremendous amount of growth from both outward and in. The already cosmopolitan nation is taking on its first population spike since the land was originally settled several hundred years ago. The time has come for a new set of historical and educational volumes to be written about the “green bear” as the country is known. Ironically, that is the only fact I am privy to about Tuscarora, other than the beautiful weather its residents are accompanied by nearly year round. Even still, I am ecstatic about my future travels. I did manage to unearth an old post card I was sent from my uncle years ago. It depicts the first settlement in Bogdon, Tuscarora’s largest city. He was too busy to write anything on it… or too drunk to attempt to I suppose. It’s still a fine bit of nostalgia none the less. 

foggybogdonot0.jpg

Of course I will be keeping a journal of my visit(s). I leave June 1st for an initial two week trip. I don’t know where to at first, well at least not yet, but it will no doubt be a great experience. I’m already packing my suitcase!

Tomorrow is the big day. I leave for Fenwick in the morning. I am actually familiar with one of Fenwick’s soccer teams, Fenwick United, of which my brother is a fan. I will be staying at the historic Fenwick Town Hotel on

Saint Gogarty Square
. I will be right in the heart of Fenwick, which I have been reading up on with the outdated books I bought a few weeks ago. I am eager to learn more and document my discoveries. Here is a picture of the famed accommodations, as well as some of the square and surrounding area.

fenwickstgogsq3uz4.jpg

fenwickhotel1mv7.jpg

fenwickstgogsq1dr0.jpg

fenwickstgogsq2jm8.jpg

I also came across the coat of arms and flag.

tuscaroracoat1.png

tuscaroraflag1.png

For now I must get some sleep. Tomorrow I am Tuscarora bound!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0