• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

From rags to riches.

Entries in this City Journal

Smoot178

Celestia's Aging Pipeline

I decided to do the easy task of placing the water supply system first. 

I have found that the optimal distance between each pipeline is 12 spaces.  Each pipeline can supply water 6 spaces on each side.

Not only was the old water supply system built in a very inefficient manner, it consisted of unprotected Iron pipes.  This lead to corrosion and eventually failure.  The system was in no way able to operate.

Using new groud digging techniques, the new system was put in place over several months without disturbing the terrain above.  The Southern half of the city is scheduled for its new system next year.

simcity4200912181258340.jpg

simcity4200912181300547.jpg

simcity4200912181308281.jpg

simcity4200912181310202.jpg

simcity4200912181315130.jpg

Business

Years before the rebuild will be complete, companies from all around the rest of the region are flocking to drop their shoes onto Tayonas's soil.  Several freight and commuter rail companies have offered to build their railroads within the city limits, but due to the current state of the area the building of advanced transporation systems will be on hold for a while.

Smoot178

Stage 1: Utilities

The task ahead appears daunting.  The rebuild of an entire city will take alot of hard work and time to get done.

But it has already begun.  The first people to enter the city are scientists and engineers.  A temporary camp is setup shortly before a UF is set up.  If you are wondering what a UF is, it stands for Universal Facility.  This large cluster of structures contains the necessary equipment to kick start a citys power and water systems.  it is used as an HQ for the cleanup crew.

Shorty after that, a small landing strip is set up for the numerous fire dousing planes that will regularly be dispatched to extinguish the numerous random fires sparked by chemical or nature itself.  These fires have cropped up over the years, sometimes spreading into huge infernos only stopped by natural barriers.  Without humans around, fire is free to roam the city streets.

The last structures to be built are more camp sites that will be the housing for the scientists, engineers, architects, and workmen.

simcity4200912180023212.jpg

simcity4200912180024270.jpg

simcity4200912180028199.jpg

simcity4200912180032246.jpg

simcity4200912180035425.jpg

This area used to be filled with large luxury estates, only affordable by only the richest of the rich.  Now it is just a lonely playground for dust and debris.  What was once a beautiful paradise is now considered prime real estate for demolition.  It will be the first section for reform.

*I won't be making alot of these small updates.  I just want to get my CJ started :)*

Smoot178

Background

Hello everyone.  I am a long time Sim City 4 fan.  After a long break from the game I have gotten back into it and I am starting this City Journal to display my new efforts to create a bustling metropolis.

But this is no ordinary City Journal. 

Tayonas will be built from the ruins of Celestia, a dead and trashed city on the river of Procloroush.  One hundred and thirteen years ago (or 1996 our time), the scientists of the city started experimenting on a new form of power generation.  This revolutionary technique manipulates the basic bonds between atoms to release huge amounts of power.  This technique, known as "The Rush Technique", was similar to Nuclear fission. 

But with great rewards came great sacrifice.  A freak accident in the main test plant caused a chain reaction that unleashed a force similar to an Atomic bomb on the city.  Fire and radiation spread throughout Celestia, killing most of its residents.  Those that remained abandoned the city.  The governments of the planet barred the city as a Radioactive dump, cutting off all human contact to it.

Eighty four years passed before anyone dared to enter.  It was theorized that the Radiation left behind by the event would be almost permanent, but to their surprise the Radiation had almost completely dissipated.  With this discovery, plans had been started to repopulate the city by the one hundred and fifteenth year after the event.

So that's where this City Journal starts.  113 A.E (After Event).  I will chronicle my efforts to revive this city.  I will display my methods and techniques to achieve the most efficient and praiseworthy ways of establishing a functioning environment for the more advanced Sims that will inhabit this once barren wasteland.

I have created Celestia (and destroyed it >:D) to look like a grid city with no special mods or lots added to it.  This in no way represents how I build, I forced myself to build this crappy city to rebuild in an amazing fashion.

PRELIMINARY SATELLITE IMAGERY

simcity4200912172309282.jpg

simcity4200912172231112.jpg

simcity4200912172231202.jpg

simcity4200912172232148.jpg

simcity4200912172232531.jpg

simcity4200912172234275.jpg

*Please excuse the fraps FPS counter, it takes it in the shot even though I specified it to not show it.  I will fix it for the next round of images*

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0