• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

About this City Journal

Cavate sits on two hills, both have been terraformed heavily to construction Standard. Follow this city from it's heavily funded beginning to it's future as a Financial Centre in the...

Entries in this City Journal

qwsazx

The terraces on the first hill were now almost completely developed:

"The Dome" was built in the mayors favorite architectural style to house the new Church of the Cavate Spirit's new "The Terrace Experience" museum:

domeo.jpg

And the mayor also built his house on the terrace below in a similar way as the worship house:

prominanthouse.jpg

Both together:

fullydeveloped3.jpg

Finally the city hall was built on a small terrace, overlooking the second hill:

cityhalll.jpg

qwsazx

Info On Cavate

This is the Cavate City Flag, salvaged from the Cavate City Archives:

cavateflag.jpg

Some details about Cavate:

• Currency = The Cavatian Dollar
  • Religion="Church of the Cavate Spirit"
  • Language=English
  • Government=Dictatorshi... Democracy!
  • Founded=1,000 years ago when a group of slaves escaped their greek captors to found a settlement... they soon all died of plague. City Refounded 19 years ago using secret money tree technology.
  • Dictato... President!=Qwerty Qwsazx
qwsazx

Development

The Terraces have been filling up quickly, and the first hill was beginning to fill up. A waterfall was kindly created by the Cavate Terraforming Company as well:
waterfallt.jpg

Houses:
closeup4i.jpg
closeup5.jpg
developmentnow.jpg
houses2.jpg
houses3.jpg
housesk.jpg
thenaturaldevelopment.jpg
naturaldevelopmentfulll.jpg

Hospitals are being built:
hospitalk.jpg

And finally a shot of all the development:
fullshoto.jpg

qwsazx

The Culture Development

The population was growing fast, and they now all had a place to shop, but as the mayor looked out his window he noticed several of his citizens trying to walk through a wall into a shop: he concluded that most people weren't very smart. So combining this years money fruit crop, and the kind donations from the Cavate Terraforming Company, he bought an old castle in the Hungarian mountains that he liked and rebuilt it on one of the terrraces, creating the Cavate Parliament building. Then he surrounded this landmark with libraries, museums and stadiums for his citizens:

Pictures of the "Culture Development":

cityhallthearts.jpg

closeup3g.jpg

loseup2.jpg

thestadium.jpg

The name of the stadium will be chosen, right after they find out who spray painted "David Collett Stadium" over the entrance.

Thank you,

qwsazx

qwsazx

The Water Mall

Cavate's population was growing quickly, and soon the mayor realised that there was nowhere for his citizens to shop.

So, using a generous donation from the Cavate Terrafroming Company he built the "Water Mall":

mallca.jpg

canalmallcloseup.jpg

qwsazx

Industrial growth is increasing rapidly, and the CEO of The Cavate Terraforming Company has decided to build his company's world head quarters overlooking the industrial park. Having terraformed almost the whole of Cavate, the company has grown to be worth billions, and has alot of money to spend on the new headquarters. Architect Santiago Colotrovo was hired to create an iconic landmark for Cavate and the world's best landscape architects came together to design the park around it.

Here is the Cavate Terraforming Company's Headquarters after completion:

closeuplc.jpg

cavateterraformingcompa.jpg

The Industrial Park:

industrialparktoday.jpg

And the new Housing developments built for the Cavate Terraforming Company's workers:

"The Snake"

thesnake.jpg

"The Cross"

thecross.jpg

crossspiraldevelopment.jpg

The Cavate Industrial Park was given a new Logo:

cavateindustrialpark.jpg

And a Joke Book was issued to pay for an "Important" Expansion to the Mayor's House:

jokebook.jpg

qwsazx

First Houses

UPDATE!!! 

With the industrial sector growing, a small housing development was built next to it for workers: Cavate City Pier.

On this land was a pier, the city's first park and the houses.

overviewt.jpg

overview2a.jpg

pieratnight.jpg

And more housing was built behind the industrial park, along wiht the city's first school:

development.jpg

qwsazx

Start Up: Terraforming

Cavate, City of Terraces

Hi everyone,

This is my First CJ and hopefully you'll like it.

Cavate sits on two large hills on either side of a river.

I wil terraform these hills using strrets and create flat terraces along the slope of the hill, perfect for building on.

The Mayor of this City has promised to squeeze as much green space and trees between the city blocks, and to create a modern, financial center that is full of fun leisure activities for his citizens. Journey with the city of cavate from it's heavily funded founding, to it's future as a super metropolis!

Terraforming:

terraforming.jpg

terraforming2.jpg

terraforming3.jpg

terraforming4.jpg

The First signs of Development in the form of a small Industrial port, the start of a rail network and some industrial zoning:

industrialpark.jpg

money is no object in this CJ, provided by generous donations from rich companies, secret money producing technology and the mayor's personal money tree forest. Thank you to all the batters and Modder because, since i've started downloading their hard work, the quality of my cities has really been improved: How did I survive before them????

I'll try to update as often as I can, and please give me feedback on what I should do and what I should improve.

Thank You,

qwsazx

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0