• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

A Day in the Life of Plainiew's Transporation Planner

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilo7

Replies 

Damastius: Thanks DM, an honor to have you comment!

Samerton: Thanks a lot for your comment.

Mithokey: Thanks to you, too.

Schulmanator: Thanks Schul, glad to see you've followed my migration pattern from SC4 to CXL4.gif

B22rian: Thanks Brian, and I just had to name it after Baltimore! 

The transportation options for CXL 2011 is for sure one of my favorite aspects in the game. I am a big transit guy, so I was bound to have one of these types of updates. 2.gif

Here is a day in the life of the transporation planner of Plainview, Baltimore's most prosperous city thus far. Enjoy! (As always, click for full resolution on the images)

Mr. Thomas Bellamy, trnasportation planner of Plainview, starts out his day with his commute across the Chesomac River over to the Heardquarters of Metro Operations, located on the far right.

cxl_pano6.jpg

Today, his job is quite simple. He is to venture out into the sprawling metropolis of about 150,000, and observe how his newly established transportation infrastructure is running. First, he takes the metro to 1 of the only 2 stations in the city, disembarks from the train, and uses a maitenance entrance to get on the median between the metro tracks. Transportation planner isn't always a family-friendly job in Plainview.

cxl_pano5_photoshopped.jpg

Tom then hurries back to the metro station, and catches the bus that is a block away. So far, so good. The bus arrives right on time, and the bus driver even greets him as he boards. He hops off the bus at the Vine City Bus Stop, and mingles with commuters, interviewing them about the new mass transit system. Waving as the next bus comes to the station, Tom bids farewell to his fellow mass transit enthusiasts. Tom was sastified with his work, and humbled by the public's reaction. 

cxl_pano8.jpg

Just as dusk came over the metropolis, Tom stole one more glance from the blacony of his highrise apartment. Tom was pleased that he would have some positive news to report to the mayor amid Plainview's rough economic times. But what pleased him more, was that he had succesfully fulfilled his father's dream of Plainview becoming a bustling city full of content inhabitants. 

cxl_pano9.jpg

Thanks for viewing.

Live life to the fullest! 10.gif

DC

7499275 likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

I agree with wwetom1: Your CJ really makes me want to give CXL a go. Epic pictures! I particulary like the metro shot (the way the tracks dip into the tunnel, the trains.. Ooooh!) and the last picture. It's the kind of angles and views I wish I was able to capture in SC4..
Nilo7 likes this

Share this comment