• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Terrain Work

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_marsh_

I posted this in the SC4D projects board, but I also wanted to share with you all here.

First off rock mods.

Nothing special, since these are NOT MY TEXTURES. Their from Orange's terrain mod and I was just screwing around. Pretty much only for personal use.  2.gif

I was trying for some icy rock textures at higher altitudes. I may try to make my own textures, since these are a bit repetitive and bland. (For cliff textures anyway)

93517581.jpg

This one looks like a very, eroded and smoothish rock.

Again, not my textures, but I was just trying this out to get some ideas.

img0040xgb.jpg

Now onto my terrain mod.

I am currently editing my Socorro Terrain mod which I realesed on the STEX before Christmas. ->me<-

It was originally for my wild west region. (Which I am trying to Taylor it customly for)

The textures at lower altitudes are fine. Right now I am trying to get some nice High-Alpine looks.

I got a nice effect in this picture, but I was hoping to get it a bit brighter.

However this still needs a lot more work.

As you can see, Theres a large mess of textures at the higher altitudes.

img0058ik.jpg
img0059yz.jpg

See?... Really horrid. It looks like I was drunk when making made my terrain mod.

Ennedi made some nice high-altitude terrain in this post, as well as this post which I am trying to mimic a bit using some of Orange's textures.

I know I need to make some textures myself when doing this. But I'll do that when I have time. 2.gif

My terrain mod WAS nice.. but at the moment I completely messed it up trying to get it how I want. 18.gif

Also, any help is greatly appreciated.  3.gif

,marsh

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Thanks for showing us this Marsh, you are capable of mucking things up I love those HD rock textures, I use one (can't remember which) myself.

Share this comment

A great terrain mod completely changes both the look and feel of the game, and your work is among the best out there. This is no exeption. Great work, Marsh! Your CJ never ceases to amaze me.

Share this comment

After a couple of astonishing updates, I have finally decided to rate this CJ 5/5! Keep up the good work! You're my idol now...

Share this comment

Replies:

Reikhardt,  Damastius & kench: Thank you all! 

heitomat: Thank you. I saw the textures in the terrain texture packs. They all seemed to go along with eachother nicely...  

Share this comment