• Comments
  • Views

Suburban Dillenburg - Sellershausen

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Gath22

Sellershausen; The City With Two Faces

Foreword

Welcome to another update of the city of Dillenburg. Please note that I have added some additional information about Nassau in wiki-style on the first page, just in case you are interested. Also, I have experimented a bit with photo-shopping, I would like to hear your commetns on this. I am now working on the airport of Dillenburg, so if you have any tips / hints about building custom airports please contact me.

Introduction to Sellershausen

In the 18th and 19th century Dillenburg was expanding rapidly. People couldn't be housed within the city walls any longer. In the south, Dillenburg expanded across the river, and in the north alongside the lake. In the east, the city council decided to build in between the river and the mountains, and the city of Sellershausen was born. You can see the location of Dillenburg and it's suburbs on this 'map':

dillenburg0300.png

The municipality of Sellershausen has two cities within it, Sellershausen itself and Pankreise. Sellershausen is a prosperous city, the business core of Dillenburg, a lovely green and liveable enviroment. On the other side of the river, the city of Pankreise is located. It was constructed in the 60's and 70's, and exists mostly of grey appartment blocks. The gangs call it 'the Southside', inhabitants of Sellershausen call it 'the wrong side'. Pankreise will be shown another time, for now let's just focus on the bright side of the river, right?

Sellershausen

dillenburg0306.png

General overview of the eastern part of Sellershausen

Sellershausen - Science City

dillenburg0301.png

The campus of the University of Dillenburg, also named 'Science City'

Ost-Ecke

dillenburg0302.png

Dillenburg's business center, the 'Ost-Ecke'. Nassau has a very advantageous tax policy for foreign businesses which has attracted many multinationals.

Town Hall

dillenburg0303.png

The Sellershausen town hall, a truly unique building, in style and architecture. It was constructed in 1950. The inscription falsely states ''Facultad de Ingeniería'', this is obviously a little mistake (the inscription was made on a Monday morning). Right next to it you can see the Rathauspark.

The Market

dillenburg0304.png

The Market on the Avenue of May the 18th (it's a mouthful, I know, if you study the wiki-style info on the first page you will probably find out why it is named so). As you can see, they are closing down, it's late in the afternoon and the merchants are heading home.

City Tower

dillenburg0305.png

The City Tower, home to the prestigious investment bank ''Sterrmann & Geberthner''. The economic crisis hit them hard, and they almost went bankrupt.

Daunenstrasse 10

dillenburg0307.png

Summer residence of the Prime minister, far east of the city, but still within municipality borders. With, sadly, a police post to guard him against terrorists and lunatics

~

Thanks for viewing, and for commenting, I hope to be back soon with, as mentioned, the airport of Dillenburg.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Great looking city! Btw, Why did you put a blank map? I'd like to see the region (my guess is that it isn't complete yet )

Share this comment

Haha, Dillenburg, there the Dutch roayal family (Van Oranje-Nassau) comes from!
That city looks realy great with all that custom content!

Share this comment

Thanks everybody!

I had some issues with the game crashing, that's all solved now, next update coming this weekend, it will show Dillenburg-West International Airport and Pankreise-Dillenburg International Airport.

Share this comment