• Comments
  • Views

Roane-Anderson

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Schulmanator

cjmastheadtr1.jpg

East Tenne: Roane-Anderson

Work has been completed on the new and massive permanent capital for the Kingdom of Tenne. Two competing projects upstream on the Wirdle River, Camp Roane (built by the X-10 Design Group) and Camp Anderson (built by Y-12 Engineering) have met on opposite banks of the river, creating a new city spanned by multiple bridges and having a vibrant synergy between the two riverbanks. The new city is just west of the site being cleared for a new national capital. Roane-Anderson, Schulmania's newest regional capital, is divided into twenty five arrondissements, or municipal districts: eleven on the north bank and fourteen on the south bank of the Wirdle River.

This introductory chapter features scenes from the third and fourth districts. District III is dominated by a massive cathedral (St. Photios) and adjoining District IV is best known for its massive shopping complex, Place Wirdlienne.

3-4-neighborhood.jpg

Here, we see a sample of what is to come in Roane-Anderson: a densely packed city filled with homes and businesses, suitable as a capital for the sprawling Tenne region.

The signature landmark in the northeast quadrant of Roane-Anderson is the stunning Cathedral of St. Photios. Designed by Sir Carolina Wren of the famed architectural firm of Wren & Finch (designers of ecclesiastic structures for many a cardinal), the grand church is dedicated to St. Photios, the patron saint of canned cat food. The church is the largest in the area and is used nearly continuously. Let's examine this architectural gem.

cath001.jpg

The lofty church is the highest religious structure in Schulmania to date.

cath002.jpg

The large windows allow in plenty of light by day.

cath005.jpg

And exude a heavenly, colorful glow by night.

cath003.jpg

The cathedral inspires from a distance and awes when up close.

cath006.jpg

Twin bell towers are unmistakable on the Roane-Anderson skyline.

District IV is best known for a much shorter landmark- the Place Wirdlienne. Modeled on the government building in Wirt, this graceful covered marketplace serves as a fanciful marketplace for a variety of goods both pedestrian and exotic. One can find meats from local prey and from far away Harar. Busscastle Chocolates jostle for position with sweets from Narya's Bakery and Wirdle Pies from Gran Maru. Objets d'art from such locales as East St. Paul and Robinia mingle with imports from our trade partners, including a fashionable new line of collars imported from Terra Canis. Local favorites such as Ferry's Wooden Shoes and Leech Apothecary sit side-by-side along the aisles with new and foreign businesses, including Aliki's LOT Services, Ben's Counting & More, and the much-awaited grand opening of Referee's Eye Care Center (it has been noted that referees often suffer from temporary blindness and/or selective vision). In all, two hundred shops, stores, kiosks and eateries fill the Place Wirdlienne.

mall001.jpg

The busy mall sits in the middle of the fourth arrondissement.

mall002.jpg

The low-rise Place Wirdlienne stands in stark contrast to the tall cathedral, but blends in well with its neighbor across Rue des Tabbies.

Back in District III, the cathedral has company as a major landmark. At the very edge of the city, at the point closest to the site of the national capital, sits a massive new cultural arts complex. The Admiral Museum of Fine Arts serves as the premier national collection of paintings, sculptures and decorative arts in Schulmania. It shares its facility with the National Fancy Feast Gallery. This arts quadrangle houses the Supreme Wirdle's collection of vintage Fancy Feast cans as well as works by such famous artists as Pablo Purrcasso, Meowcelangelo, and El Gatto.

square001.jpg

The National Fancy Feast Gallery fronts the diagonally paved Royal Canin Square.

square002.jpg

The entire quadrangle can be seen in this picture. The massive arts campus will undoubtedly draw legions of students and aficionados to Roane-Anderson.

square003.jpg

Entrance fees are only 3 purrs on weekdays, 5 purrs on Saturdays and free on Sunday afternoons.

Take a look at these examples of feline art. Is there any doubt that this museum will be a big success?

artmuseum1.jpg

Portrait of a Harar Nobleman, by Meownatello

artmuseum2.jpg

Untitled, by Felis Leo da Vinci

artmuseum3.jpg

Mythological Homer, by Meowcelangelo.

.jpg

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

Oh my sides, Mythological Homer, by Meowcelangelo! A double pun... Schulminator, great effort, cheered me up before going to work today!

Share this comment

What a great update.  I could spend hours in that museum and I might also mention that the second paining of the three is my favorite.  The one by Felis Leo Da Vinci.

Share this comment

REPLIES

NOTE: All replies above this are now added to post count totals for rank and awards.

TheMentalist   Merci beaucoup! Yes, the local art is quite distinctive, is it not?

K50dude   That’s the Xannepan/ porkissimo Halles Batard, from the Paris Haussman collection on the STEX and LEX.

ImVhOzzi   You are correct about the building. And, as for hours of the museum, I am working on a webpage for it which will be on the Schulmania website once I do the next round of updates to it. It is already under development and, if I say so myself, looking pretty good!

Reikhardt   I am delighted you enjoyed both the update and the humor. I do like the puns when I can work them in.

Hester  Good news! More from the museum will be on the website at the next update. More feline art is to come!

Leech10   It’s a classic!

Share this comment