• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

La Palma Update One: Las Mariposas

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
2b2gbi

lapalmabanner1.png

Hello Everyone, finally a complete update, this one I've been teasing for a while, my first update on my very lose re-creation of the Island of La Palma, which I'm really having fun with, it let's me do something different than I usually do, and gives me a lot of creative mobility. This doesn't mean Insulo is dead, this is still part of Insulo, and we'll get back to the mainland eventually, better to spend winter in the tropics anyway icon_smile.gif .

So, for this first view of La Palma we'll explore the area around the little town of Las Mariposas, wedged between beautiful beaches and the towering volcano that produced their glimmering black sand.

We'll start High on the mountainside, in one of the numerous nature preserves on the La Palma. The island supports a vast variety of Flora, some of that variety can be seen here.

lapalma1.png

We follow the road down the hillside, and to the entrance to the preserve, where a small picnic area for the people who come to see the natural wealth of the Island.

lapalma3.png

Now we move on to the pleasant little town most visitors to the park use as a home base, Las Mariposas. They take advantage of the many rooms rented out by local families, where they can get homey comforts and a low price.

lapalma7.png

As you can see, the town has it's own charms, it's been here for hundreds of years nearly unchanged, the whole town is protected as a historic site, especially guarded is it's church, built in the year 1523.

lapalma9.png

Oh, we almost forgot the best part of Las Mariposas, it is close to one of the best most pristine and beautiful beaches you will find anywhere, with it's black sand sparkling in the tropical sun.

lapalma52.png

Well that's all for now, hope you enjoyed this little tour, I enjoyed making it.

-Jon

2b2gbi likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

Beautiful upate, the last pic blew my away.

Maybe you should enter the SC4D Picture Competition!! 

Share this comment