Östergårda

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

1978 (part 2)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
riiga

Time for an overview, this time of 1978. Major changes include the completion of the motorway and external residential areas.

(click for full resolution!)

- riiga

Francis90b likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

awesome, i love this journal, its simple and you can see the progression of the area in each entry...the RHW looks great and i think its clever how the exit-ramps dont have a cosmetic third lane while the on-ramps do..

Share this comment

The city layout is good - the overview looks just fantastic!
The motrway could use some signs, though.

@avrelivs: I think it's the off-ramps that have got cosmetic 3-lane pieces, and the on-ramps that don't. They've got right hand drive in Sweden.

Share this comment

@ImVhOzzi: As you said, we drive on the right side of the road and thus it's the on-ramps and not the off-ramps that have acceleration fields. I think you confused it somehow, because avrelivs said just that "i think its clever how the exit-ramps dont have a cosmetic third lane while the on-ramps do".

Share this comment

Hey,

I love your work, I love the way you can see the progress and indeed how 70's development is destroying the view, very recognizable, I just feel like screeming 'DON'T!!! STOP IT!!!' but obviously it has already happened haha

Couple notes though, I don't know for sure because I have never been to Sweden but do suburbs have gravel roads there? Wouldn't asphalt or concrete be more realistic? And maybe you should build a sound barrier next to the highway because it seems odd that there would be nothing in between (imagine kids playing on the streets, chasing down their ball, they could easily be run over, and we wouldn't want that to happen would we )

Share this comment

Reikhardt: Thanks!

avrelivs: I'm glad somebody noticed! I always do my RHWs that way, and thanks!

Samerton: Thank you!

ImVhOzzi: Thanks!

Gath22: Well, we have both "normal" suburb streets as well as asphalt ones without a sidewalk. Since normal street has a sidewalk while gravel roads doesn't, I use them as the closest I can find to streets such as these: http://goo.gl/maps/pHuP. As for sound barries, yes I'll try to add some. ;)

Share this comment