• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The City of Al Aauim

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_marsh_

The city of Al Aauim. 5.5 million people strong. The largest city in Africa. It's location on the coast, as well as jammed in-between the mountains, the city is drenched in rain almost 90% of the year. The rich and the poor are contrasted drastically in the city. Gleaming skyscrapers house the rich, towering over the slums packed together on the mountainsides. At night, The many lights can be seen as far away as Lemsid. Neon lights, millions of ad-space. All produce the blinding light of the city inbetween the many mountain peaks, In the forge-like valley it resides in.

[Click for full-size]

pice.jpg

picfp.jpg

picdux.jpg

picgv.jpg

picby.jpg

picc.jpg

,marsh

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

21 Comments

Wow, marsh, that is amazing. You did a superb job as you always do, and those buildings and trees actually look wet. Superb!

Share this comment

holy... christ... this is good! very large city... I like the first picture the best for some reason... anyways... great update!

Cheers

-Kristian

Share this comment

Sweet update, marsh! I love the spacing between the skyscrapers. It makes the overall impression more realistic. Also, you have a great combination of diagonal and orthogonal BATs, which contributes to breaking the grid. The result is, as always, breathtaking.

Share this comment

Excellent work as always Marsh! Your work is always good, but it's your photoediting skills which most impress me!

Share this comment

Wow, it really looks fab but seems bit dead for a city of 5.5 million, even in Africa there would be traffic

Share this comment

hey marsh, already seen some of your work in the pic competition over on sc4d It's a shame they don't allow mosaics because you would win them all ;) Your use of flora is really inspiring and I'm also wondering which watermod you're using. Especially the first pic, that water would look pretty in my region too. Or is it the result of your photoshop skill? Anyway, keep up the good work, cheers. V.

Share this comment

So, I had my cowboy hat on, and ready to sing Wild Wild West by Will Smith, and you take us back to Africa...
Hmmm, oh well, still a beautiful city!

Share this comment

Replies:

greckman, mechanight, Reikhardt, TekindusT, ImVhOzzi, Paulobergonci, Sky Guy, spursrule14, Evillions, naftixe, Samerton, Benedict & panthersimcity4:
Thank you al!  Your comments mean a lot!

Wallacet: I'm not sure. Theres a lot of corners.... But from what I know. Their all from Bixel. 

heitomat: Thanks! I try and have a large veriety of buildings. 

tankmank: Not everyone grows their cities, (even though I try to). And in mine theres not really room for traffic generators.... 

vortext: Thank you!  Search "dogfight" on the STEX. Its one of his water mods.  Although I have edited it a bit... 

spinecharmer: I like to do different things... 

Skimbo: I simply put them onto varying 1x1 lots. 

Share this comment

VERY GOOD CITY!!! I wont live there though... the streets look so constrained D:

But love it~!!

Share this comment