• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Mikhail, the driver

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TekindusT

Comment Replies for updates 53 & 54

CIUU96: Thanks for your comment! It definately fits!

MCjohnstown: Thank you for commenting and noticing!

skyscraper241: Thanks for commenting!

k50dude: Thank you for your comment, my friend; and congrats again on your Trixie!

Reikhardt: Thanks for commenting! Seems that placing the sunken rail was a good decision...

Andrey km: Thank you for your comment and your question! Answered on the comments section.

ImVhOzzi: Thank you for commenting, my friend! Whoa, it would have been great to win more Trixies, but all the winners on the categories I've been nominated really deserved them...

Alejandro24: ¡Gracias por tu comentario! Te deseo la mejor suerte con tu nuevo proyecto!

Frdm920: Thanks for your comment! An enemy of the State? Where? And yeah, there are a lot of taxis. This rail stations spawn taxi automata, and I guess that if I place two stations next to each other they spawn even more taxi automata...

dghh70: Thank you for your comment!

Jamesrules90: Thanks for commenting! There's a way of crossing the tracks; if you look well, there's like an small bridge half hidden by the block...

jj88: Thanks for your comment, my friend! Hope this isn't the only present you've found under the Christmas tree...

Sc4playar: Thank you for commenting! Wow, masterpiece...

Benedict: Thanks for your comment; great to see you here!

ROFLyoshi: Thanks for commenting, I'm also making this question to myself...

Zulu2065: Thank you for your comment! The great thing about the Trixie season finale is that the last two years has been on Christmas; and it really made my day...

DCMetro34: Thanks for your comment! I know what do you mean, I also had to think for a while what award I should nominate every person to make sure there were no repetitions...

Jamonbread: Thank you for commenting!

SimHoTToDDy: Thanks for your comment! As I said on the "speech" a big part of this Trixie is yours!

coolsim1: Thank you for your comment and for your questions! Here's the link for the power lines you asked for [link].

Damastius: Thanks for commenting and glad to see you here, outside of the CXL section...

All: I think this is the first time I've needed more time to reply all of you than to make the new update. This must mean something good!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nuevobannerok.jpg

Today we're following one of the inhabitants of Krasnoslobodsk, who has the "privilege" of watching the different landscapes of the city 9 hours a day. He is Mikhail.

12233716.jpg

He lives, as many other people, in Workers City. Not a very good place to live for a public worker; but it could be definately worse... Fortunately, the bus stop isn't far from the blocks and today's not very cold.

estadion.jpg

The bus takes Mikhail and two dozens of workers to the city center ("downtown" is a "too American word"). They pass besides many interesting places, one of them is Lokomotiv Stadion, home field of FC Lokomotiv Krasnoslobodsk. This club was founded by rail workers like Mikhail in year 1931 and they moved to this new stadium in 2004. No need to say Mikhail is a supporter of this club.

41389386.jpg

79280661.jpg

88332228.jpg

Half an hour later, the bus drops off a bunch of commuters in front of the Krasnoslobodsk rail terminal. Some decades before, you could reach nearly most of the USSR from here; nowadays this is just a commuter rail terminal. The offices upstairs have been abandoned for a long time and some homeless have found a shelter there. Mikhail enters the station and goes to the locker room to change his clothes.

56845554.jpg

Some minutes later, his workday begins.

85610314.jpg

Eventually, the train goes through Workers City. Mikhail can see his home from here and wonders what is his family doing right now. This is only the first of the 16 times he'll see this blocks today.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

21 Comments

The enemies of the state where in the first picture, talking to each other in the 'green' :P
Very nice update Tek (it's becoming rather redundant to say that now)!
Quick question: Stadium where'd you get it?! And how did you manage to lay the rail-tracks under the street bridge? :o

Share this comment

Same question as Frdm920 for me, scratching my head on how you did lay the rail under the bridge! Sorcery I  tell you!

Share this comment

I like the atmosphere of this place, it's somehow special.....

@Reikhardt: That's a decoration only, this bridge isn't functional ;)

Share this comment

I don't think you could have selected better custom content today.... Plus, your photoshopping is excellent. Although, how did they build such a nice, new stadium six years ago  

Share this comment

Sweet as always. That bridge is not photoshop but I know which stex download it is, I have it but have never used it! Nice way to use that item, I could never but you pulled it off!

Share this comment

Awesomw as always :)
I particularly like the motion blur on the last pic which makes it look like the train is moving really fast :)

Share this comment

I like this update, it's a nice start for a new city and a new year. How do you did the bridge over the rail?
Me gusto este post, es un buen comienzo para esta ciudad y un año nuevo. ¿Cómo hiciste el puente sobre los rieles del tren?
A proposito, Feliz Año Nuevo 2011.

Share this comment

@MCjohnstown: Here you are [link].
@Frdm920, @Reikhardt, @Alejandro24: As Skimbo and naftixe say above, this bridge is specially designed for this kind of things, overhanging on the edge of an 1x2 lot. This way you can get this effect, easy and impressive. Here's the [link] for this specific bridge, but Glenni has made some more, there's even a pack compiling several.

Share this comment

I really like it. Your stories are always fun reading, and the pictures, use of custom content and the photoshopping is excellent. Great update! 

Share this comment