• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

TUTORIAL, Pt I

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
avrelivs

..welcome to this TUTORIAL on beaches and shorelines

it will be a step-by-step analysis of the beach/shoreline method implemented in Hyperborea.

zentryfinal.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTES

-this tutorial is made with out scrolling..for the sake detail.

-(for best results) during each step always hit the 'page up/page down' keys to change angles. this is crucial for painting sand and PPond water.

STEP ONE

using this mod:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21416

(choose a type of sand and begin filling in the desired beach area.)

step1ploppablesand.jpg

STEP TWO

..using PPond kit:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=21661

(use 'pebble' to make a single shoreline then use 'gravel' to cover above and below that line.

this is important because 'gravel' is more porous and will blend easier with sand and grass.)

step2pebblegravelshorel.jpg

SO FAR

step2sofar.jpg

STEP THREE

using the rural pasture kit found here:

http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=1886

(at this point its about filling in grass and cattails. any variety and style you can come up with)

step3cattailsandgrass.jpg

STEP FOUR

(now here, its about filling in more grass, brown grass and marsh. the more you add, the more detailed and natural it looks. however the important part is the addition of PPond ploppable water. it gets plopped below the underwater sand line in order to create the perception of depth.

step4moregrassppondwate.jpg

STEP FIVE

(hit 'Ctrl - x' and type in "setsealevel" this will remove the water in order to facilitate the creation of rock clusters...

also it makes it easier to find blank spots)

(now, using any style of heblem's rock kits, create rock clusters by single-clicks without moving the mouse.

this creates nice-looking rock formations that can mask any imperfections in the shore-line.)

(this is the stage for trees, any kind you prefer. the ones seen here are Peg-pine clusters.

step5setsealeveltreesan.jpg

Now save/exit and re-enter the tile

FINAL SHOT

the next two pictures show an original shot and a modified one..thanks for stopping by..

tutorialfinal.jpg

tutorialfinal2.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

I love it, what you show is truly an area of natural beauty, but when will you be showing some urban area's?

Share this comment

Cool!
What I did when I worked with sand and shores in my Côte-d'Azur CJ, was to create a small slope into the sea, and then an abrupt slope, so that when you placed the sand, it automatically blended with the water with smooth edges. Though, I'm totally going to download the marsh and rural pasture kit and give it a try. 

Share this comment