• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Fragments

Sign in to follow this  
Nardo69

Hello to All!

That OSITM week really burned my picture dumps and I don't have to explain that I wasn't able to play the game a lot during the last weeks ... 

however

I found some still not published nice screenshots plus 2 teasers from 2 map that I haven't shown (much) so I thought it might not be a full blown update but maybe some nice pictures as a kind of christmas present would be nice.

Update Nr. 26: Fragments

Some fragments from two maps, one in the doing, one restarted.

I somehow lost an important plugin for Blaubach; the last month's backups only do CTD. So I had to go nearly to start. Unfortunately unlike my ussual habit I was very busy building there and didn't do too much screenshots.  15.gif

So, what did we learn:

Lesson 1: Back up all and eveything!

Lesson 2: Make screenshots of all and everything ...

(just a tad too late ...)

Pic 26.01

A flagstop. That map of the map is a rather narrow stripe between mountains and a river ...

Pic 26.02

Another flagstop. I had to do a lot of retaining walls there ...

Pic 26.03

Even though I build the tramway rather late and only a small network it quickly became very important.

Pic 26.04

Well ...

Pic 26.05

This one is dedicated to Ryan (choco). I got him on the nerves to mod some Maxis bridges to be compatible to the viaduct railways (otherwise I wouldn't have been able to realize this and other situations) but until now I haven't seen anyone taken advantage of them ...

Anyway: A big huge "THANK YOU VERY MUCH! LONG LIVE THE BRIDGE MASTER" to choco!

Pic 26.06

Yes, I did some night shots. This one's just the other side of the previous!

Pic 26.07

Industrials and nightlights are a really thankful combination!

Pic 26.08

but so is Wall 2 Wall!  16.gif

BTW we just changed the map from Blaubach to my defortified town.

Pic 26.09

PEG's CSK2. The lamps in such an environment look nice, but in industrial or worn down areas ...

Pic 26.10

Nice contrast I would say! Smiley

Pic 26.11

Well, there are also some nice industrials here!

Pic 26.12

I once had a very bad night in the emergence of an hospital. My wife had some very bad aches, my turkish was really bad, no one spoke English or German, and from hour to hour my wife's condition got worse. In the early morning my brother-in-law came and helped me. That day around noon she had an emergency operation.

These are the kind of memories that don't leave you...

Pic 26.13

Well, somewhere between midnight and dawn there'S always somewhere are place where people can get a drink ...

pic 26.14

Teaser 1: This should have been my map for the village competition but it quickly became to big for it ... But by now it looks quite OK closing in for update condition.

pic 26.15

Teaser 2: A small map, some hills, a creek, no railways but maybe a tutorial. If you want, of course. Anyone in?

That's it for today!

Merry Christmas!

Joyeux Noelles!

Fröhliche Weinachten!

Felis Navidad!

Bernhard 44.gif

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

Whoa, lots of variety in this update! W2W action, industrial buildings (some of them are quite American-styled, BTW), and as usual, a great dose of railroads!

I used the rail viaduct bridge for one of my ghetto cities, but I finally didn't keep with it...

Bon Nadal!

Share this comment

Your best update yet! I particularly like the the way the elevated road comes off the roundabout in pic 26.15! And I alwalys like tutorials, so a yes from me

Share this comment

great pics, i was wonder though, the parking strip in the first picture is that part of the train station? or is it a custom lot? i see it alot in other journals that have it but i havent come across it on the stex..

Share this comment

@ImVhOzzi: Then the next update/entry will be very interesting for you!  
@TekindusT: Thank you very much. 
Well, it must fit but there are situations when the combo of viaduct and bridge can come really handy. Other than the viaduct railway you can anly build such overpass / bridge combinations with ElRail and Maxis elevated Highway. 
@Reikhardt: Thank you very much. 
So you'll be glad to hear that the tutorial in the next entry is not the tutorial mentioned above ... 
@kolnikov inc: Thank you very much 
The parking strip is made of the SFBT parking lots.

Share this comment