• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

The Growth of a City

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TekindusT

Comment Replies

Evillions: Thanks for commenting! I really don't know which of the Pripiat-y blocks I like the most...

dghh70: Thanks for your comment!

the00guvna: Thank you for your comment, friend! I had to do some trials before deciding the final position of the buildings because of the dirt grass open zones...

Alejandro24: ¡Gracias por comentar! Blackwater fue avanzando poco a poco hacia un estilo más "europeizado", pero aquí ya nos hemos ido al este completamente... Blackwater slowly advanced to a more "europeanized" style, but now we've gone way to the east...

k50dude: Thanks for commenting, my friend! You can be sure all "Sam Johnson stuff uploaded by Andreas Roth" is a clear candidate to be on this CJ...

Andrey km: Thank you for your comment! Answer asked on the comments section.

kolnikov inc: Thanks for commenting! You gotta love this buildings...

MCjohnstown: Thank you for commenting!

Jamesrules90: Thank you for your comment! As you see, there's not much to do outside home...

Skimbo: Thank you for commenting! When I saw them, it took me a few fractions of second to think "I need them".

jj88: Thanks for your comment, my friend! I know you all love mosaics, so it's good to post some from time to time...

ROFLyoshi: Thank you for commenting! I would have preferred to see some seasonal trees, but they're quite nice!

figgy: Thanks for commenting!

Sc4playar: Thanks for your comment! Seems there's unanimity in here!

All: I wish you all a Merry Christmas and a happy new year 2011!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

nuevobannerok.jpg

During the rise of the USSR, Krasnoslobodsk experimented a sudden population growth. People's inmigration from the most isolated parts of the union to the cities was a constant during the 20th century. Because of this, the goverment had to plan and build new suburbs as fast and inexpensively as possible. We saw the first and oldest "extension" in the previous update, but there's more.

17673827.jpg

The first phase of the extension was proven very "inefficient". Krasnoslobodsk city planner thought that residents would enjoy some space to meet and take a walk. This required to provide some maintenance to the gardens and paths inside, but it never was provided. Furthermore, the more the people met; the more dissidents there were. It was better for the state to keep them isolated at home listening to the state radio.

27303164.jpg

The Goverment felt specially proud of the public transport system, heavily based in the rail transport. Trains were OK when they were purchased, during the 50s; but now they're old, rusty, unefficient, noisy and impossible to be ridden by the handicapped. The stations fall to pieces this day and the rail maintenance is nearly nonexistant.

23437954.jpg

The extension continued for one decade more, and plans "improved". Space wasn't wasted anymore with "inproductive" open areas and blocks were placed in the most compact way. Years later, Krasnoslobodsk opened its first metro line and, due to lack of funding; it had to be laid in trench. Because of this, the neighbourhood was torn in two by the Metro tracks.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

18 Comments

Awesome! I really like this soviet theme, you handle it very well! Last pic is my favourite, NOBs Sunken Tram fits there very well!

Share this comment

The sunken GLR fits the last picture very well, as usual, the pictures (and of course, your captions) are fantastic! 

Share this comment

@MCjohnstown: Thanks for noticing! Mistakes like this are the ones that demonstrate I'm not a native English speaker... Corrected.

Share this comment

Fantastic update as always my friend. Your eye for grim detail is superb! Agree with other comments about the sunken rail, it's perfect!

Share this comment

Great, I like it. Specially the Sunken GLR, that photo is great.
Magnifico, me gusta. Especialmente el tren ligero, esa fotografia es genial.

Share this comment

I see enemies of the state in the first picture! Quick Arrest them! :P
Once again Tek, amazing work and everything ties neatly together (expect is it just me or are there a LOT of taxis near that station?)

Share this comment

Awesome update. The commentary makes it amusing. The sunken rail tracks look good. Is there any way to get from one side to the other

Share this comment