Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 1 - Thermopylae

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nilo7

Lately, I have been focusing on more of a Mediterranean and rural style of play, as my family comes from Sparta in the Peloponnese, as well as Roumeli in the Central Mountains of Greece. I had been meaning to try this style of play for a while, but haven't gotten around to it until now.

So, for the most part, I will posting rural and Mediterranean-styled updates for all of you here! 

Without further ado, here is the start of my 3rd CJ: Roumeli: Through the Eyes of a Greek!

Dawn is breaking on a small town in the Thermopylae district; the capital of Roumeli. On many mornings, fog blankets the small farming settlement; along with light rain showers. This Sunday morning was no exception.

thermopylae_fog.jpg

But, the soggy weather is always defeated by the sun later in the morning. It always seems that on Sunday morning, the sound of Thermopylaens singing at the local Greek Orthodox Church burns away the fog.thermopylae_church.jpg

The next morning is the beginning of the work week...and young Thermopylaens have a day at school ahead of them.thermopylae_school.jpg

While the young Thermopylaens are at school, the elders and government officials can be found at one of the Parliament House in the town.thermopylae_mall.jpg

Those who are not government officials are most likely farmers in the lower class. President Nichloas Stavrakos is a farmer at heart, and even though his policies seem benevolent at times, his taxes on farmers are brutal. The lower class families are stuck in a chain of poverty that is almost impossivle to break. (The quote in this pic is from Frederick the Great).thermopylae-jun.jpg

Thanks for viewing and commenting!

Live life to the fullest! 10.gif

DC

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

16 Comments

wow these are some of the best weather pcis i have seen dc !!
truly stunning , really
and to combine these with some great looking bats is awesome..

Brian
Nilo7 likes this

Share this comment

DC... WOAH !!! :D This is amazing, the weather pics are awesome and the town looks so natural, your farms on on the spot. I cannot wait to see more !!! KEEP EM COMING !!! AHHHHH 
Nilo7 likes this

Share this comment

Wow, thanks for all these comments!!

I am really busy these days, but I really hope I can get back to SC4! [img]http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/public/style_emoticons/default/9.gif[/img]

Share this comment