Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

..more shores and beaches..

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kolnikov inc

im using the black sand mod for its inshore textures but i use ploppable sand to create variations. i also use Peg's PPond kit to carve the shorelines and its ploppable water to create the illusion of depth. if any one would like a tutorial on this shoreline method i would be more then happy to make one.

also i will be making update to this journal although i am not continuing the original idea or premise of it. if this is inappropriate or you find it annoying i can hold off making updates until my next journal has been prepared.

..lastly, a note on color correction...the original color graphics of SC4 can seem quite dull and faded sometimes. so if you use ifranview try experimenting with the color correction option, you can get some really great effects. i wish i had known this when i made my first journal. heres a pic of my default color correction tab which i now use for all of my pics.

17406406.jpg

and now my progress on the shoreline:

36582074.jpg

a beach shot:

35510904.jpg

heres a shot of the breakwater..

69756677.jpg

85337640.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

I for one would love to see your tutorial, that's a great beach effect there!
I use GIMP to change my colour settings for screenshots, as it also has some other useful tools for preparing shots.

Share this comment

..im working on a tutorial, it will require more time though. but i'll reveal the step by step process and include links of all the mods im using.

Share this comment

i've changed screen names and started a new journal called 'hyperborea' ....check it out, my second entry will contain the tutorial i've been promising..

Share this comment