Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
p_kitaro

Click to see the CJ based on this news site: The Kingdom of Aoyama

webtop_template3.jpg

rta_news_header_currentcopy.jpg

BREAKING NEWS 

EXTREMIST GROUP ARF STRIKES  SIBF GAMES 

Over 1,000 killed.  Corruption suspicions in Royal Police. 

story5_header%20copy.jpg

By Stephanie Akita

Published Monday 2010/12/19

(RTA) Aoyama has suspected it to happen, but they were never prepared to expect an attack as profound as this one. Since early morning Sunday, countless bombings have been reported across the entire country. Himeoka, Minami, Kagayaki, and now Sakura City have felt the earth shattering explosions. The masterminds of the attack appear to be from nationalist terrorism group ARF (Aoyaman Revolutionary Front). They couldn't even wait until after Christmas.

This was amid the nearing of the finals for the Sim Mania Baseball World Cup games that were hosted here in Aoyama.

Since the start of the games last November, officials were still puzzled to why Aoyama was chosen as the host to begin with. The country has faced a series of terrorism issues which neither the Ministry of Defense or Homeland Security was able to handle. Aoyama even asked for addition troops from Russia and Aoyama’s protectorate territories to assist in the security issues.

Unlike the United States, despite its heightened issues with Al Qaeda, it was able to maintain a sense of order and control; an issue Aoyama has greatly failed.

10:45 AM – Wave One – Chuo District 

During mailing hours, reports of letters appearing acrossvarious television studios dotted around the country. At first, TvHimitsu received the letter and reported it on NewsWorld. RTA received the letter minutes later and reported it on N24. At 11 AM, parliament received the letter. As a result, the National Terror Watch was immediately raised to orange.

The letter was scribed:

“Duck and cover. It’s home run for Juni.”

State counter-intelligence agency Sector 8 was called in ASAP. Immediately the analysts were stumped for what the meaning the letter meant. No forms of substance were present in either letter sent. The investigation continued.

At 12 PM, all hell broke loose...

story5_chuo_explosion1_final.jpg

story5_chuo_explosion2_final.jpg

The blasts targeted the Sakura City Apple Store, as well as various malls across the Chuo area. As it was a weekend, the streets were jammed with people. Frantic pedestrians ran across the street once they heard the blasts. It was absolute pandemonium. 600 people were killed in the district alone; 100 were killed by car accidents, 12 were run over by the street train.

2:55 PM – Wave Two – SuperSports Centre

A second blast was felt at Supersports Centre two hours later. It soon became apparent to the media the attacks were targeting the SBWC finals.

story5_supersports1.jpg

supersports_coverage_interrupted.jpg

SuperSports viewers in Aoyama and worldwide were greeted to

this video before the match between Insulo and Shushtrepistaz

The blast knocked off SuperSports’s satellite linkups, wrecking all transmissions for the broadcaster. About 127 staffers and 3 sportscasters were killed.

3:00 PM – Wave Three – Kagayaki Stadium

story5_kagayaki1%20copy.jpg

Just minutes after the SuperSports bombing, a small blast was felt at near the Kagayaki Pacific Centre, near Kagayaki Stadium.  This is the same stadium in which the match between Insulo and Shushtrepistaz were to play off on.

9:00 PM – Wave Four – Minami City

story5_minami1%20copy.jpg

A throwback to the Minami Riots, explosions have been set at the same stores from two months ago. About 300 people were killed. Another potential attack nearly took place on the Himeoka Broadcasting Transmitter, but was ultimately stopped by military squadron. In addition, a plot to thwart the Skyline Centre in Himeoka was stopped as well.

International viewers may cringe at the events, but attacks like these have become so commonplace that people get use to it. We spoke to a random bystander about the tragedy. His response was oddly monotone and lethargic. “Oh wow. I heard it was tragic.” He later said he was on valium so he felt “in the mood”. Another bystander said “human here are like flies. When we swat one we like “oh well, it died”.

At around midnight, the Prime Minister addressed the issues in a press conference.

SIBF Response

Out of all the SBWC games, this is the first game in history to be struck by a terrorist attack. For the PM, it was an embarrassing moment. On Sunday midnight, during the same PM press conference, Wacky32, head of the SIBF responded to the incident.

"This is surely the 1st ever terrorist attack in SIBF history. I certainly hope it will never happen again. Aoyama is a great country and it was suprising to hear this. Hopefully next time they host an SIBF tourney, that won't happen. The Finals game will begin shortly."

story5_street2%20copy.jpgstory5_military1%20copy.jpg

story5_airport1.jpg

The State Blame Game

Citizens now point at the government for the terrible state of security.

Already the death toll has reached 6,000 this year due to terrorist related incidences. Since 2000, nearly 100,000 people have lost their lives in the decade-long ARF siege. To put this into perspective, that is the same amount of causalities in the seven-year Iraqi War since 2003. Analysts say the Aoyaman war is far from over.

Meanwhile the regime points its finger at the Royal Police Ministry.

rtanews_conference_5_1.jpg

During the midnight press conference, Aoyaman Prime Minister Masanori Kitaro issued a speech to the world press, infuriated and agitated at the state police. Some thought he lost his mind.

"This is so f--cking embarrassing! I am so sick of the police here. This
whole country
is so sick of them! They’re nothing but a bunch of INCOMPETENT, CORRUPT, WORTHLESS pricks! I have a
huge
pile of letters in my office; half complain about the police. One wrote said [the police] beaten her in the street at an
illegal
checkpoint because she did pay their “monthly state bribe”. What STATE BRIBE!? If these are the people in charge of Aoyama’s terrorism issue, it’s no wonder why we’re rated one of the worst countries in Asia!"

A reporter asks: “What will you do about the police then?”

The PM responds:

“I’ll let this be a stern warning to them. If they screw me one more time, I will personally call for an end to their funding. I call for a full-on rebellion against the police. WHO’S WITH ME!?!”

In a strange attempt, even the Royal Police got onto the blame game bandwagon.

Captain of the Force Naoto Takano said “if the citizens complied with our laws, none of this would happen”. His reply seeped bits of paternalism, as if the people didn’t know better.

On a sad note, chances are November 19 will not be a day left in infamy. Like the Minami Riots of October 19, terrorist tragedies like these are often forgotten. Every American remembers the September 11 attacks, even naming the event as 9/11. What special name do we give to events like the Minami Riots of 2010, the Student Massacre of 2008, the Parliament Explosion back in 2007? Here in Aoyama, there are just too many names to remember. There are way too many 9/11’s here to count. An attack like this is a just a somber walk in the park for us.

According to the Aoyama Sporting Board, the SBWC Games may be resumed either before or after Christmas.

copyright_bannercopy.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments