Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Welcome to St Andrews!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Reikhardt

Having posted comments about many other people's works, it's high time I got my first CJ off the ground. Originally I planned to have this started back in September, but my first child was born and somewhat ruined my plans!

Our first visit in St Andrews is the small town of Barnt Green, lying just a short way from the banks of the River Klee...

BarntGreen.jpg

Barnt Green was originally founded  by the workers at the local quarry ( which can be seen in the far west of picture #1) but has subsequently grown to be a flourishing farming community in it's own right.

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708506.jpg

For my first post, I'll show some long shots of the main town centre as a teaser, we'll get in close in subsequent updates!

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708584.jpg

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708659.jpg

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708775.jpg

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708830.jpg

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708862.jpg

BarntGreen-4Aug601292708890.jpg

And finally, I can confirm that  sheep and cows will be involved in this CJ 2.gif

BarntGreen-4Aug601292709103.jpg

As I have mentioned this is my first CJ. The region was started as a test bed for a few ideas I had and I liked it enough to share. Any thoughts, suggestions and criticisms are gratefully received!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

9 Comments

its a great start, i like the arched bridge that turns into a dirt road and i like the rural feel of it, my only suggestions would be to maybe round out the 90 degree angles of the farms because they lie on sloped land so they dont need to be cut in squares (its a totally optional idea though but i use it)

..and also i recently downloaded the PEG MTP Mayor Menu Pine Tree Clusters (but only this one cluster pack) and the trees look awesome, and they blend well with simfox's tree pack. im not saying you need to bulldoze your forests but if your looking for great looking pine forest heres the link:

http://www.simtropolis.com/stex/details.cfm?id=20892

Share this comment

Delightful! I am glad we finally get to see your work. You have some fabulous rural vistas and I am dying to see more close up pictures, esp of the waterfall.

5 Purrs for this new CJ!

Share this comment

"but my first child was born and ruined the plans" ......... Weren't you HAPPY? not like "oh, $#!@, my first kid is born, this screws up everything *throws random object* very nice start though

Share this comment