• Views

Welcome to Aydina: Arrival in Erie

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Wahrheit

aydina_banner.png

The flag of Aydina

flag.png

The region. Click on the image to see the full sized version. Most images in this CJ can be viewed in their full size by clicking on the image

aydina_12172010_thb.jpg

update1.png

erie-cows01.jpg

erie-farms01.jpg

erie-farms02.jpg

erie-interchangeandtowncenter.jpg

erie-reststop01.jpg

erie-overview.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

14 Comments

Region...it's huge and beautiful!!!!

Farms, trees, little town, also beautiful! But most importantly, the cows are plentyful!!

Great start!

Share this comment

Devlin was not enough, huh? NIce job with the farms, although I think they would look better if they had a more irregular shape...

Share this comment

That region shot is a beauty! Agree with TekindusT, try to shoot fpr more irregular farm shapes. It's worth googling some faerial farm photos to try and get an appreciation of how farm lands tend to evolve and spread.

Share this comment

That's really nice, Vince. I especially love the region with all its mountains and water, makes me feel at home ;) lol. Great work! Yaaay. 

Share this comment

Chicah: Thanks Jenny! Does remind of Norway, eh? 

Reikhardt: Thanks! And I have a good idea of how they look, living in Ohio. This method is more inviting for working on detailing, once I get that down I'll begin mixing irregular shaped farms and the detailing. The latest Devlin regionshot shows a nondetailed farm development style that matches RL better, but lacks detail.

TekindusT: Needed more variety in terrain and building style And yeah, see above

Chptrk: Thanks! Its why I picked it And yes, cows. Moo! (Read: Thanks!)

Share this comment

The region you chose (NHP Somewhere in the World #7) will allow for some interesting roadside scenery.

For the volcanic caldera, I think a mix of Crater Lake and Yellowstone (with a large lake that does not fill the entire caldera, plus geysers and fumaroles) would make an interesting (and realistic) landscape.

Share this comment

im more excited about this one than  i am devlin. It has beautiful mountains, Deltas, two large water sources, and a Caldera! i wonder what area will you choose for building the CBD [shh don't tell me, keep it a secret!] 

Share this comment

Why vince that looks very nice. I love mountains and there are lots of mountains (as you know :P)
I'll bookmark this.

Share this comment

the00guvna: Thanks! And you betchya!

cacks: Thanks cacks!

jrhnemo: Thanks!

ImVhOzzi: Thanks!

iowndisciti: Heh, you'll see pretty soon...

Baliam12: I seem to have a reputation  Thanks!

Houston_Fan: Indeed, I wanted to build on a wider variety of land, and this map is perfect for it. I dunno if I can, maybe if I brush up on my PS skills (no pun in 10 did *gets shot*) or ask Porter for assistance again

Share this comment

Well bugger my bumblebee's breadbin.  A new CJ!  And it's all ruraly!  :P

I have to say though...  I've never seen a flag with a gradient in it before.  The little schoolchildren trying to draw and color that are going to be very frustrated.  :P

ISF

Share this comment