• Comments
  • Views

Dillenburg - The Renascence

Sign in to follow this  
Gath22

The Renascense of Dillenburg

What happened?

Hello,

As you may already know, a couple days ago I accidentaly 'changed focus' whilst saving the game (or whatever the damn phenomenon is called)

Anyway, Dillenburg disappeared, and every inhabitant, even including the Grand-Prince and his palace, the entire parliament, everything really.

I was in two minds for some time, but I decided to start all over again, with a new region, a new start really.

The New Region

This is the new region. It's 'Invermere Lake' made by JPumbley, and I can certainly recommend it to everybody, it has two large mountains in the corners, but also flatlands and sloping hills.

regionview2.png

This is the expansion plan for the new Dillenburg. The dark red area is the urban core, where the old city and all the important buildings will be constructed. The red arrows resemble the axes along which the city will expand, for now.

I have been building on the new Dillenburg for some days now, but it will take a long time untill I can show you something. I'm guessing that around the new year, I will be able to show some finished area's, but untill then I might tease you with some previews, so stay tuned!

Sign in to follow this  

5 Comments

Recommended Comments

The new region looks great! I love fresh starts, it gives you a hole clean slate to do anything you want! Good luck, build some highways too. I love a good highway!

Share this comment

did you try re-loading the city, because even though it disappeared in the region view the city might still be there...just a thought.

Share this comment

Honestly, I've tried it all, however the cityfile itself was corrupted, this means that there is no recovery possible, unfortunately.

Share this comment

Hey Gath22 . . . . Great work on your CJ for starters! I love the feel and the attention to detail! Same thing happened to me yesterday, one of my towns completely disappeared from my region (just a gaping whole). Keep going, but make sure this time you copy your regional folder before you start. This same thing happened to me years before. So all I had to do today was to pull up the folder, move the corresponding # (newcity(#)) and the terrain was still there. Of course I had to redo the city itself, but fortunately it was merely a small town. Anything bigger and I may have thrown my mouse down! Lol. Hope the suggestion helps for the future, and again, great work on your CJ!

Share this comment