New Chandler III

• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Parringshire, the dreamland

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
k50

Boy, has it been some time... this city tile was just a pain in the you-know-what. It crashed, it froze, and the farms are still not the way I want them. Nontheless, I find Parringshire presentable today. I hope you enjoy it.

By the way, I am heading off to Phoenix, Arizona, the main inspiration for New Chandler, next week. I will be doing a huge comparison of New Chandler's features to Phoenix's features, with picture took by me (and maybe Google Street View to places I can't visit during my trip) and comparing to pictures from New Chandler and New Chandler 2.0. I can't wait to do this.

Anyway, here is the update...
fe5e0153.png

Parringshire is the second largest city in the province of Glendora, a land full of small islands full of farming. The city is growing rapidly, and is moving from agriculture to commerce very quickly.
48b0e1f2.jpg

Downtown Parringshire is the center of the new commerce.
5c990cf2.jpg

c2332b44.jpg

The University of Parringshire is one of the most beautiful campuses in New Chandler, as you can expect, this college is popular with students coming as far as Europe or the United States.
8930e27b.jpg

You may remember this postcard from a teaser... it also shows the stadium.
d445b98d.jpg

The Parringshire Castle was a retreat for English kings and princes before New Chandler broke free from Britian. Still surrounded by the moats (and now the city), this is now a landmark of the city.
802db016.jpg

Outside of the city, as you can expect, is farms. Lots of farms.
a9056c32.jpg

Occasionally, small condos will pop up along the road, like these. They provide views of the Indian Ocean on one side, and the Parringshire Lake on the other, with fruits and flowers below it all.
c72c505a.jpg

Finally, something I am NOT impressed with, a mosaic that went pretty bad, as in sideways, plus, the HSR and the RHW needed photoshopping, and my efforts were, well, bad 3.gif you'll see where. Still, it provides a good view of the downtown to the Parringshire Lake, so it's worth showing.

Beware, it's big! (1376 x 6646 JPEG)
ncup25mosaic.jpg

perfecto likes this
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

Superb update. Phoenix is a very cool city, I loved it when I went  there! 

Question: In the top of the mosaic, where did you get the building with th greenish glass?

Thanks...

DC

Share this comment

Another sweet update! I'm not saying you're copying things, but in my opinion; I've seen reminiscences of other CJs in this update, and it's been pretty cool! As for the farms, I think they're nice but I'm not used to play with them...

One more thing, is that GLR curve that leads to a tunnel included in the NAM? It looks great and I had never seen it before...

Can't wait to see what do you show us from Phoenix!

Share this comment

It's a very nice work, but i don't like a lot the field... tink they're too close of the builds aeras...

But it's again a personal opinion... :D

Share this comment