• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Bayside Revealed

Sign in to follow this  
Schulmanator

harar-header.jpg

Bayside Revealed

In Harar Chapter 3, I showed you the process of turning the coastal segment of Bayside into a lush marshland instead of a bland generic green area. In the upper northwest of Tile A2 in the Harar section of the Schulmania region, Bayside is among the first work I have done in the new area. The featured location is near the northernmost point of the southward-pointing Huddleston Bay, a massive multi-large tile feature south of Schulmania. I am sure there is some sort of official geographic term for the 'vertex' of a bay, but a cursory glance at internet searches for such a term has been fruitless. Perhaps I shall coin one. So, in the absence of an official geographic term for such a point, I now deem it to be the vertex of the bay. So, all of the dictionary folks and word origin researchers, take note. Here it is: 'bay vertex' [bey vur-tecks] (n., pl. bay vertices) the highest point of a bay opening to the south or corresponding point for a bay opening in another direction. Origin: Harar, Schulmania. First appearance: Simtropolis, December 2010. Whew, finally assured myself reference book immortality. Another tick on the bucket list...

And now, back to business. I demonstrated the landscaping process step by step in Chapter 3. Now I will show you the finished product. It features the addition of a liberal sprinkling of PEG and RRP wildflowers - the more subtle ones: white, light yellow, orange. There's a touch of pink and blue in there for good measure, but just a little for adding contrast. I added trees along the periphery of the marshy area and additional grasses as well. The overall area I have been working on remains quite small. That is apparent when you see the zoomed out pictures. I do not think I will tend to every part of the tile with as much detail as I have this part.

2bayside02.jpg

The entire extent of the area featured in this update is shown above.

2bayside01.jpg

A closer view of one of the distinctive landforms.

And now, for your viewing pleasure, the balance of the Bayside pictures...

2bayside03.jpg

2bayside04.jpg

2bayside05.jpg

2bayside06.jpg

2bayside07.jpg

2bayside08.jpg

2bayside09.jpg

2bayside10.jpg

2bayside11.jpg

2bayside12.jpg

2bayside13.jpg

2bayside14.jpg

2bayside15.jpg

2bayside16.jpg

2bayside17.jpg

Enjoy!

Welcome, Harar visitors!

3759165.png

free counters

3rXU8c4Lsn1.png

Sign in to follow this  

11 Comments

Recommended Comments

Nice one. Love the transition from water to swamp to land. 

Only thing is -Ouch- that I really can -Ouch- see the myriads of -Ouch- moscitos rising out of the marsh ... 

Take care! 

Bernhard 

Share this comment

Leech10    Yep. I copied and pasted it from an early Schulmania page because my anemic computer is too slow to start up Word and paste the correct code. I am getting lazy…

Kingdiz_55    Interesting. And welcome to Harar.

Samerton    Thanks. More will be coming up soon.

Retep Molinari    Thanks. And welcome to Harar. I am glad you like it thus far.

Nardo69    Thanks for coming by and welcome to Harar. I’ll bet you are right about the mosquitoes.

Hester    Me neither!

Share this comment

Pasting the code into notepad would be faster, it loads much quicker than MS Word. And doesn't add a bunch of gunk like Word does.

Share this comment