Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Isla Los Esparargos

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
captainsainsburys

Before I start, I should explain that I know very little about Spanish and Portugese, so the names of most of the Islands are just what 'sounded right' or amalgamations of the names of various South American cities. 

Isla los Esparargos is the most central of the remaining Farming-based communities, with over 80% of the small population working on farms. The village has tried hard to resist modernisation, with the old church still standing in the centre of the village. Nevertheless, the attractive beaches of the area are prompting more immigrants to settle there, and a small pocket of industry has emerged on one of the outcroppings that connect Isla Los Esparargos to nearby islands. The island remains something of a rural haven, with a population of just over 3000.

Farms on the Island come in a variety of shapes and sizes. Though larger and irregular farms are sometimes seen, many farms on the island are small squares, as the poorer residents cannot afford larger plots. A wide variety of crops are grown on the isle. 

islalosesparargos3sep08.png

The only disturbance to the fields on the isle is the new high-speed monorail link, connecting Sao Manaus in the north with the capital in the south.

The Monorail's futuristic bridges are a stark contrast against the more rustic, older road bridges.

Las Crossinga Vegada is the oldest bridge still standing. The Powerlines are a newer edition, to enable electrical siphoning from neighbours at peak times.

Villa Esparargos, Named after the island, is the only concentration of residences on the whole island. It's attractive beaches are a newly discovered haven for tourists.

The Island is connected by land to four of it's neighbours, more than most of the neraby landforms.

Thanks for reading, and don't be afraid to leave comments, good or bad.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

2 Comments

Thanks! I'll definately taker your suggestion on board and have a look at bridge height mods on the STEX. As I mentioned, I'm new to modding, so I was unaware that such addons were available. [I also originally developed the island on a computer with no Mods installed, then added the farm textures and street mods later. The Monorail is a more recent addition too.]

Share this comment