Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

.the village.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kolnikov inc

Basically this is a natural growth journal depicting the conglomeration of small villages into a larger united principality.

pi30.jpg       < these are the current statistics for the first two villages. (these figures will expand)

CONTENT:

i am using CAM and i am blocking all maxis content.

i also have 1.30 gb in my plug-in folder so i will not be providing links but i will tell you what to search for upon request.

also please note that i have NOT done any custom lotting.

GOALS:

my main goal is to understand and control the growth and traffic mechanisms of the game.im also concerned with presenting the city as a work of art.  'photo-realism' however, does not encapsulate my objectives. instead, i'm trying to be conscious of SC4 as an art medium.

-for now i will be taking a rural approach using principles of natural growth.

i am using this map as inspiration for the names of villages but i am not recreating the region or any of the towns..im just using it as a basis.

dialectesdeloccitanselo.jpg

THE VILLAGE OF GASCON

the places shown here come from a parallel universe with its own mythological tradition. it is fictional and belongs to a realm of fantasy..

this is a typical clear night sky

clipboard01vd.jpg

..fog descends on the people of gascon..

pi60.jpg

pi50123.jpg

pi701.jpg

pi801.jpg

A NOTE CONCERNING COMMENTS: questions, requests and comments are all welcomed but please do not suggest any changes in the layout or choice of buildings...because im not going to change anything..im just going to delete your comment.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

1 Comment

The sprawl of the village looks quite natural, gravitating out from the centre focus around the church out to the farm lands. Nice work!

Share this comment