• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

*Teaser

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_marsh_

I want to start with something "Cubby420" said over on SC4D. 

"Marsh, I feel strange about your transition to more typical fare and want to express my feelings about it. When I first saw this city, I thought...wow!...that's really cool! I'd love to see more of that! I'm sure you'd tackle this material with your own unique vision and attention to detail that mark the rest of you updates. But now, looking at the city a second time and revisiting some of your recent and older creations...I just feel kind of, disappointed. Your updates are something I look forward to because you're doing things no one else is even trying in sc4. I mean, the arctic, Middle Eastern, and North African cities you've constructed are special not just because of your talent and eye for unique styles, but because other people weren't even bothering to give them a shot. Hell, I still won't! I wouldn't know where to start. I want to see that...the stuff that is breaking the barriers of what I and many others thought was possible in the game! If your more or less bored with the styles mentioned above, how about giving something new a try? Japanese or Chinese styled cities? Pacific islands? Just ideas. But, I do think your heart lies in creating exotic locations and pushing the boundaries. 

Well that sure was long-winded. Whatever you decide to do thought, I'm sure I'll be amazed. Peace - Andrew"

I see what you mean. I also feel it. After I took the photo I wasn't as happy with it as most of my other pictures. (Also reflected in my attitude twords mainstream stuff.) I wasn't even that proud of it because I know I could have put that effort towards something more unique. Like plans I have on some islands...

Anyway I am not even continuing on the region anymore. I agree with you in what you said.

...That being said... Here's a teaser. (Way better then that mid-western city)

(click for full-size)

teaser.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

16 Comments

I love the transition between deep and shallow water - I didn't know that was even possible in SC4. And the ruin is very enticing...

Share this comment

Marsh, personnally, I liked your mid-west city on the page 38. Every updates coming from you are amazing! I realised most of people following your CJ were "amazed" by your talent with North African/Middle East/Desertic Areas so they followed it for that and they were a bit disapointed with your "I'm a bit tired of the same thing" test with Mid-West. I don't mind if you continue with another CJ style or whatever, it's your choice after all! Well I wish you luck (even if I don't think you'll need it) with the Trixies and with your future updates!

Santé! (Cheers)

Sincerly,
Julien

Share this comment