• Comments
  • Views

Akasaka

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
tepodon

tokyotitleakasaka.png

Welcome to TOKYO 4.0.

In this update I will like to showcase the Akasaka area of Tokyo.

aoyamaakasakanogizaka3n.png

Above: This is an overview of the Akaisaka area including the Akasaka Palace. Akasaka is home to the Togu Palace, or the the palace of the crown prince of Japan.

Below: This is the Akasaka Palace. I used google earth images to see what the palace looked like inside, behind the walls of secrecy. I've never really taken the time to look deep into the homes of Japanese royalty, but these guys are definitely living the good life off of taxes.

aoyamaakasakanogizaka31.png

aoyamaakasakanogizaka18.pngAbove: There were ponds and multiple villas and mansions located on the estate. Basically the whole palace is like a private central park.

Below: Of course no one can go in unless their invited.

aoyamaakasakanogizaka8o.png

aoyamaakasakanogizaka11.png

Above: I hear they have really good BBQ in the palace though; again not open to the public. I hate how they tell you about the really good BBQ, and they won't open it up to the public. (Apparently they only serve beef and vegies that are specifically made for the imperial family!)

Below: but you know, thats not Tokyo. As you can see from this very intense change of scenery. Most people don't live in huge estates in the middle of one of the most expensive cities in the world. (Apparently if Japan had sold the imperial estates to private companies back in the early 90's before the Japanese property bubble burst, Japan's debt could have been halved, lol)

aoyamaakasakanogizaka28.png

aoyamaakasakanogizaka23.png

Above: Akasaka Mitsuke Intersection. You might have seen it in some Soviet sci-fi film back from the Cold War days. It's a really cool intersection.

Below: Real Akasaka Mitsuke Intersection at night.

akasaka08.jpg

aoyamaakasakanogizaka13.png

Above: The Shuto-Expressway snaking its way through Tokyo, by the Akasaka Palace, and along the old moat of Edo-Castle. 

Below: here's whats been finished thus far...

capture5d.png

Thanks for watching:)

Next update coming soon!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

Replies:

Skimbo: not a park, its someones house. Welcome to the land where theres still an aristocracy made up of about 12 people

Samerton: thanks, i'm always amazed by my region pics as well. hope to make one of those time lapse videos with all of them that have accumulated.

Share this comment