• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

*Do you want to see more?

Sign in to follow this  
_marsh_

Hello. Today we venture out of the Gansbaai Kingdoms.

I have 4 regions I've been working on. Why? I don't know. I just love doing different things in SC4. (Doing just a desert City would get boring after a while.) But having different things to keep me occupied keep me more interested in the game. I greatly enjoy trying different things.

My most recent venture has been a mid-western city.

This city isn't a greatly-detailed city like Nouadhibou & Lemsid. It's more of a realistic city. It's 100% grown. If a building I don't like comes up, I buldoze it until one I do comes, and then make it historical.

However my question is this,

Would you like to see more of this city?

Mostly asking because there are a lot of These styles of cities out there, and it might be very mainstream and boring?

I will work on it either if you all say yes or no. But if you say yes, I will post updates on it once in a while.

So, what do you think?

(Click for full-size)

teaser1k.jpg

Sign in to follow this  

6 Comments

Recommended Comments

Arena, Downtown skyscrapers, parking lots everywhere, small shops, suburbs surrounding the area, very good job,it's hell of a realistic city here! Definitely looks like a Midwest city. Just that the red bricks buildings on the right are too repetitive (you got 6 of them), otherwise it looks great and very realistic! Good job (as always)

Share this comment

Nice to see a grown city once in a while here. Looks pretty realistic for one too! I like the transition between high & low density especially on the left.

Share this comment

I'd very much like to see more. "Mainstream"? Maybe. But "boring"? Not at all. It's always interesting to see how players develop their downtowns to get it realistic looking. I can see that you use a lot of parking lots, which in my opinion contributes to realism. I also agree with Devonf that the transitions between the different densities look great. I also love your diagonal development to the right, and your use of the different avenue types. Very realistic!

Share this comment

On CJs, I love to see cities which I'm not used to see; whether they are Middle East cities, US Midwest cities, or even full-European cities... They're all great to watch to!

Fantastic job with the downtown, those NYBT buildings would fit very nicely...

Share this comment

Very nice work sir, but I for one would say that there are many fine examples of this kind of city and you have an eye for the different! I'd like to see what you can achieve with your terrain modifications and make something as exotic and exciting as the rest of this CJ!

Share this comment

Everyone: I am not continuing this city. As I said on the next page....

After I took the photo I wasn't as happy with it as most of my other pictures. (Also reflected in my attitude twords mainstream stuff.) I wasn't even that proud of it because I know I could have put that effort towards something more unique. Like plans I have on some islands...

Share this comment