• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

My Terrain Mod

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
_marsh_

First of all. 

Thank you to "Lowkee33", for providing lots of information on how to mod terrains from my questions and also from his tutorials.

Terrain Mod Tutorial - Basic - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11690.0

Terrain Mod Tutorial - Advanced - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=11691.0

& Thank you to "Orange" For his PyreneanTerrainMod.

Link - http://www.toutsimcities.com/downloads.php?view=1641

Note- In the following Update I will be talking out of my ass. This is probably the most basic terrain modifying there is, yet I try to sound professional and smart. Please ignore that fact. I'm just trying to be nice and let everyone know how I got my terrain. Thanks! 9.gif  

So, recently I have found a great new terrain mod for Nouadhibou. Orange's Pyrenean Terrain Mod.But one problem. I have a desert region. However, I really love the textures @ sea-level. Solution, make those texture appear everywhere! I used pretty much this same thing to get my terrain for Lemsid, but with a different terrain mod.

So as I put Orange's terrain mod in, The textures at the sea are really nice. A very detailed and beautiful sand. However, higher elevations make grass. And this is a desert. Grass is a no-no.

img0011ct.jpg

img0009ue.jpg

So, there is a simple way to fix this!

I opened the program that reads living I's.

And then I opened the terrain mod file.

img0013xz.jpg

Went to the "Exemplar File"

img0014qx.jpg

Went to "Temperature Range Factor" and then "edit properties",

img0015hm0.jpg

And changed the value from .33somthing, to a very high number. (20)

img0017gp.jpg

Opened SC4 and....

Whee. The textures are sandy from Sea-Level to the mountain tops!

img000701.jpg

img0008hk.jpg

I used a similar method to get my terrain for the region of Lemsid. (In the last update) Using Heblem's Yucatan terrain mod, and making it so that yellowish grasses at high altitudes appear at sealevel. Replacing the desert textures there.

I Hope this can help anyone out there trying to make terrain mods. You have to start with the simplest stuff, to move on to more advanced things. 2.gif

img0005sm.jpg

img0006oz.jpg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

8 Comments

A splendid insight into how you have developed such a great CJ! Those tutorials are pretty interesting, will make for some good reading when I'm supposed to be working next week

Share this comment

Uuuhhhmmm... Wow, so that's how you got your terrian.   I always resort to downloads or custom lots for a better city.  Thanks for the tutorials!

Share this comment

I JUST changed my terrain. Before I found Orange's Pyreane Terrain, I was using Heblem's Yucatan Terrain mod.  Actually for Lemsid I still am. Just play around with the value's of any terrain mod in I-Live reader. You can get some interesting things. 

Share this comment

Wow, great tutorial, very helpful tips. Just wondering, is it possible if you could give me a link to that water plop you used.
THANK YOU if you can.!

Share this comment