• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Chapter 12 - Welcome To The 50's (Video Included)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Plane-Crash12000

replies2.jpg 

Area49 : I already have an airport built but I might build some little grass airstrips around town. But thanks anyway. :)

_marsh_ : Thanks! That cheered me up a bit.

thefunktapus : Well, if it ain't broke, I guess I should fix it then. lol

Retep Molinari : Thanks alot!
supercity124 : Thanks for all those ideas! I already have some big plans for Whitevale so you might see some of yours in future updates.

Thanks for commenting!

Well, it's been a while since I have been around Simtropolis. Too busy playing Minecraft I guess. But I started playing SC4 again and now I have an other update for you! There's also a video at the end.

96345867.jpg

Ah! The 50's, the era of nice cars, neon lights, and the invention of fast food. But the 1950's didn't start off too well for Whitevale. One reason is because experts have found out that Whitevale's water is filled with harmful chemicals and bacteria. Chemicals such as potassium, nitrogen and ammonium nitrate have been found in the water. The experts believe that most of these chemicals came from fertilizer used in Whitevale's thousands of nearby farms. The consequences of thousands of people drinking this toxic water are hundreds of sick patients and 14 deaths.

After about a year of proposal and deliberation, in the summer of 1950, a new water treatment plant was built just outside Whitevale.

55238479.jpg

This graph shows water pollution levels decrease over a 2 year period after the treatment plant was completed. (Each frame = 6 months)

waterpollutionsc4.gif

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, a new, much larger hospital was built in Whitevale's downtown replacing it's older, smaller one. It was completed March 29th 1952.

The engineers who designed the building wanted it to have an older style to compliment Whitevale's historic downtown.

62157353.jpg

The old hospital was demolished and new shops opened on the lot.

68558592.jpg

A closer picture.

29194846.jpg

This is a picture of DownTown Whitevale in 1952.

96131723.jpg

In that same year, a park was built in the very spot that the founder of Whitevale, Tim Plane's house once stood. The lake in the middle represents exactly where Tim's house was built.

83266180.jpg

Right beside the park, a nice 3 story apartment was built. Special thanks to "spa" for providing the SC4 community with his amazing BATs!

17659565.jpg

An other park was built on Main Street in an ugly abandoned field near a White River.

77160094.jpg

In recent years, Whitevale's numerous industrial complexes have grown substantially. This one is located on the north-east side of Whitevale.

59365079.jpg

This is the industrial complex at the mouth of the Burton River. You can see many new warehouses and factories were built.

35790147.jpg

We end this update in the year of 1953. This is Whitevale in June of the same year.

24290573.jpg

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's the video you've all been waiting for! This video is the first video I made featuring Whitevale. It's just me driving around town.

Here's a link for Youtube : 
%26hl=en%26fs=1%26rel=0%26ap=%2526fmt=18" width="480" height="295" wmode="opaque">

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

7 Comments

Mate, this has got to by my favourite journal so far.
I do love the realism

one question. would it be possible for you to upload the region to the stex? or is this just a city?

Share this comment

I LOVE YOUR CJ!!! I cant wait to see where this goes. The late 50's are coming up! the era of the highways soon begins! Hope you have some great ideas!! Cant wait!!

Share this comment