• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Challenges

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jetty Jockey

Ok, the real reason I posted is it's extremely frustrating to post 3 weeks worth of work and have it viewable for less than a day because of a bugged journal posting shortly after my post.   In case you may have missed the Five Mile Beach Island post (page 7), it's a good time to go back and give it a look. 

While I have your attention, I'd like some ideas on few things that I've been mulling over in regard to development of this journal, once terraforming is complete.

The region has 80,000 year-round inhabitants. That number swells to over 5 times that during the summer months during the tourist season.  The sim "shoobies" ( a local nickname for our summer visitors) for the most part don't  take too many jobs, but give a
tremendous boost to commerce, create congestion on highways, and stretch city services like trash removal . Any thoughts on how 
best to represent that?

Due to the low population density during the period of October to May , schools are regionalized. Is there a way to import students
across city lines?

Just a few things to kick around while the next update is in the works. Speaking of which, Work is progressing on the westen shore
of the tidal belt behind Five Mile Beach Island.  This will include eastern Lower Township and southeastern Middle Township, basically
the US 9 - Garden State Parkway corridor from Cold Spring to Burleigh. (Exit 0 to Exit 6)

Replies :

TheMentalist :
Thank you !  There's a lot more detail in this version of Cape May County as opposed to previous versions. Using the Mayor's tools allows for closer work and finer detail. So far, I'm pretty pleased with the results

sbh565 : Thank you and welcome!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

3 Comments

I'll comment on your last update (7) here:
Nothing bad to say about the update (it was brilliant), but you should do something about that badge/avatar

Share this comment