Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Birth of Tronton

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oneupcanuck

Here we go, my first city in the revamped Cities XL 2011. I used the map "Delta River" to start my city. ( I will upload pics a bit later when I have access). I wanted to build near the edge of the map so I could benefit from a city link nearby and not have to spend a lot of money building roads. My strategy initially is to be very conservative and efficient to build up a profitiable city. The area I chose was a flat valley nestled between two mountain plateau's. I built up a large heavy industry sector within this valley area right to the edge of the map with one main two lane road running through the middle which served as the main corridor of transportation between the small town and the industry.

My first big error was not realizing that I could build avenues with higher capacity from the beginning. ( I just didn't notice where they were in the menu) So here I was waiting as my city developed for the avenues to unlock meanwhile my city began to get severely congested by all the traffic. Traffic became gridlocked at around a population of 30,000. Apparently I was doing enough other things right because I kept getting messages saying "despite all the problems your citizens are still happy" and "traffic is totally blocked" lol I tried building an alternate road that snaked up a hillside and down back into the industrial sector and placed skilled worker houses. This area was a bit outside the city proper and although the environment was very appealing, the people hated driving so far to reach city services and unwind at the town bowling alley (which was one of the only entertainments spots in town).

Finally at a pop of about 50,000 I got access to the bus system and quickly put in a bus line along that all important tiny road to the industry that was the backbone of my city. The people immediately flocked to the buses and there is now finally some relief. The dirty industry farthest away has now developed and some manufacturing has moved in.

Elsewhere in the city I built a harbour port on the coast with a long road connecting it to the city and starting building some hi tech industry. I'm now in the process of building a large avenue on the perimeter of the city and trying to get as many people using it as possible. That's all I have for my first entry. I'll get some pics up soon and I hope you check back from time to time to see how I'm doing. Thanks for reading.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

0 Comments

There are no comments to display.