• Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Tagum City Part 3: Corporate Area

Sign in to follow this  
kench

Tagum City Part 3: THE CORPORATE AREA

In this update, I will show you the "concrete jungle" of Tagum City -- The Tagum Corporate Area (TCA). The TCA is where most of Tagum's financial resources are concentrated. This is an informal district just behind the Ayala Compound (Robinsons Mall, Gaisano Shopping Center, etc..). It mainly encompasses the Grand Men Seng Corporation, Legaspi Financial Corporation, Ayala Land and Development Corporation, Smart Communications Incorporated and many others. Much of the area is owned mostly by Mindanaoan investors and administered through Davao Commercial Estates Authority (DACEA). Many tall skyscrapers rise in this area but there are buildings that have been bankrupt and does not continue its operation. The DACEA has been inviting several investors from different cities to replace the dilapadated area.

corporatearea.jpg

The road that will lead you to the Tagum Corporate Area (TCA) is the Quimpo Boulevard...

quimpoblvd.jpg

The Quimpo Boulevard is a 6-lane avenue (3 lanes per direction). The avenues in Tagum is known for its palm median alternately decorated with banners. Other cities in Mindanao imitated Tagum's idea of building avenues.

quimpoblvd2.jpg

After a short ride, you will see the majestic grounds of Marco Polo Hotel telling you that you are already at the entrance road of TCA. 

marcopolok.jpg

...but entering TCA through this road is sometimes very time-consuming especially during rush hours (7am - 9am and 6pm - 8pm). Hence, I would suggest you to travel through an alternate route or the best way is to travel via subway or in Bajada Entry Point which is located just at behind the Wal Mart Supermarket.

bajadaentry.jpg

...so that's it for today... once again, let me present to you the small but growing financial district of Tagum City...

overviewtca.jpg

---END---

...thanks for viewing...

-kench-

Sign in to follow this  

1 Comment

Recommended Comments