• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

OSITM Special 1: Trains, trains, trains!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nardo69

Hello to All!

Day 2 of my OSITM week, and as I promised yesterday there will be trains today. Lots of trains. Only trains ...  9.gif

One part of the pics is made with rivit's German 1950s train. I do like that trainset, it gives me the warm feeling of the German railways of my childhood in the seventies. Only things he should adjust: The 023 were built in the 1950s, the 041 was reboilered  in the 1950s, the 110 and the 140 where from 1956 to 1972 and the passenger cars were reconstructed from older material in the late 1950s / early 1960s. So the trainset represents more the trains of the 1960s and 1970s. In that time the E40/140 was green, it became red in the 1990s. But these are really minor buggers. 2.gif

The other trains set is the Region Runner with Kenworth's wonderful doubledecker cars which represents the modern railways of today.

That's why I took basically the same pictures which the old and the new train giving you a feeling of the things that changed during the time. Have fun!

OSITM Special 1: Trains, trains, trains!

Today there's lot of pictures and only a few words to say!

os0100.jpg

Well, we all know these, don't we? Unlike the freight train diesel loco which I still like after all these years the passenger train is just ... well ... in dire need of being replaced!

os0101.jpg

At the Galgenbergtunnel (Gallows hill tunnel).

Unfortunately I haven't found the time to use the tunnel Yan_077 gave me the link ...

os0102.jpg

os0103.jpg

os0104.jpg

os0105.jpg

The other side of the tunnel before the track was electrifed (and before I tidied up  the textures 21.gif )

os0106.jpg

You might know this one from the picture competition! Wink

os0107.jpg

os0108.jpg

os0109.jpg

Methinks quite a few of you were witing for some pictures of trains on the Mühlbach bridge - here they are! 1.gif

os0110.jpg

os0111.jpg

os0112.jpg

os0112a.jpg

Once I caught even two trains crossing the bridge at the same time! 1.gif

os0113.jpg

os0114.jpg

os0115.jpg

That's it for today, in the next update we will to another map. Hope you like your today'S daily dose of Papa Nardo's Oeuvre!

See you tomorrow!

Bernhard  44.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

12 Comments

Watching this update is like playing with one of those giant railroads models with its own tunnels and hills... You could spam all the "Show us your railroads" thread with these pictures, what a nice job!

Share this comment

@Reikhardt: Thanks for your compliment! 

@TekindusT: Thanks for your compliment! 
Don't place crazy ideas in my head - I might be able to do that! 

@Jeroentje: Thanks for your compliment! 

@Samerton: Thanks for your compliment! 

@Daan300: Thanks for your compliment! 

Share this comment

This is a really good CJ with excellent plugins. The rivers have even motivated me to make a new region and do some of that! Can you give me a link to some of the mods you use? Like the trees and rocks (both on land and on the river).

To sum this up: You have motivated me to try this out on SimCity 4.

Share this comment

@ImVhOzzi: Thanks for the compliment! 

@Sirron Kcuhc: Glad I could give you some inspiration! 
About the links, woah, that's hard, there are so many ... 
On the STEX make a search for Simfox (trees) and pegasus (lots of stuff) , on SC4D make a creator search for JeroniJ (plopable water, trees, rocks) and Chrisadams3997 (trails, fences, flora, lots of stuff) amd hooha47 (trees) for a start. 

@jj88: Thanks for the compliment! 

Share this comment