• Moose
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update 24: Schwarzritters M

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Nardo69

You might know that I publish Urland not only here on ST but also on SC4D and its German Version on the German Simforum.

On SC4D each month some MDs are chosen to Of Special Interest This Month to show them to a wider audience. In general its a younger, an older and a medium age MD that are put in the spotlight (you might guess which category would fit for Urland).

In November there's a special 4in1 OSITM where each week another MD is in the Spotlight. The first week was TheTeaCat's "Tales At Tea Time", the second week belongs to .. me. 1.gif

To celebrate this there will be two novelties: For the first time in the history of Urland there will be daily updates untill November 14th16.gif Yep, Each day an update - your daily dose of Papa Nardo's oeuvre. And since I publish parallel on all three pages you'll benefit from the SC4D OSITM 4in1 birthday special, too! 16.gif

The second will be ... well, you'll see 2.gif

However responses and answers will be a bit reduced this week - hopy sou don#t midn. Be sure that I do appreciate every single comment! 19.gif

And withou further A-dos: 

Update 24: Schwarzritters Mühle revisited part 3

Well, it is in the headline - before my big hardware problems Schwarzritters Mühle was about to be in the pipe but then I changed plans and went back in time. Putting the map back in the pipe I saw some spots that needed a bit of attention and change. Here they are!

Pic 24.1

Spot 1 was this shore of the Mühlbach. Don't know why I used these trees there, they just don't. In additionto this you can see some sawtooth where the JV line crosses the street.

And before the big hardware hiatus I always thought "well, gotta change that - later!" ... 21.gif

Pic 24.2

Personal Message (Online)

xx.gif
« Reply #624 on: Today at 07:38:17 AM »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify Remove messageRemove

Well, as Robin said, this week is my turn in the OSITM 4in1 celebrating the birthday of Sc4Devotion. It has been a long and nice time and I'll hope we will go on enjoying Sc4 as well as SC4D for a loooong time! Smiley

In this round there will be two novelties: The first that for the first time in the history of Urland there will be daily updates (if nothing unforeseeable is going to happen...). Because of this the answering section will be shorter than usual. Hope you are not angry with me because of that ...   Mmmm

The second is ... well, you'll find out!  Grin

Yan077, Tomas Neto, canyonjumper: Thanks for your compliments! Smiley

rooker1: Thanks for your kind words and moving my little MD in the warm spotlight of OSITM!  Smiley

So, I will start my round of the OSITM 4in1 to (almost) finish off the map of Schwarzritters Mühle:

Update 24: Schwarzritters Mühle revisited part 3

Well, it is in the headline - before my big hardware problems Schwarzritters Mühle was about to be in the pipe but then I changed plans and went back in time. Putting the map back in the pipe I saw some spots that needed a bit of attention and change. Here they are!

fa51aeabf9225fa6f51df4a58a896219.jpg

Spot 1 was this shore of the Mühlbach. Don't know why I used these trees there, they just don't. In additionto this you can see some sawtooth where the JV line crosses the street.

And before the big hardware hiatus I always thought "well, gotta change that - later!" ...  Roll Eyes

f5cba006ea2cddf09074a537d7afc715.jpg

Now with my "standard flora" - doesn't it look much better? And by now I found out how to let the power lines go over some lots which made the sawtooth disappear!

Pic 24.3

A view from the other side.

Pic 24.4

And finally the little bridge/embankment that connects the seddlements to the main road. What a luck that these boulders haven't smashed the culvert!

Pic 24.5

The little stripe between vineyard and map border was undeveloped so I planted there my tree (new technique, you can spot the difference if you compared with the Gallows Hill's forest) and a retaining wall with some added greeneries.

Pic 24.6

A kaleidoscope of the transition between forest and vineyards, like in the Palatinate where I was born. 1.gif

Pic 24.7

After some hardware trouble (again ...  21.gif) I had to redo the other side of the river. I didn't wanted to have some HV cables crossing the river and since I was too lazy to plop some invisible lots I gave the bananas farm its own power supply - seems to be a Bio Bananas Farm ...  18.gif

Pic 24.8

Again a kaleidsocope view of the other side. The rocks are plopped in the water, I might have to redo the river again with the zero-sealevel.dat I think ...  24.gif

Pic 24.9

Another spot was this one. Texture mishmash. jagged diagonal edges, no catenaries, all cried for some enhancement ...

Pic 24.10

Since I couldn't get rid of the jagged edge I changed the retaining wall texture and added some catenaries. Kenworth one released a beta for the smootzh curve, it works good on flat terrain - but these curves are sloped as you might see ...

Pic 24.11

I guess I have to redo the tunnel with Yab_077's tunnel models, too ... Oh well ...

Pic 24.12

A 2 in 1: the redone shore and the added catenaries. 1.gif

Pic 24.13

The overview of the area with the changes. Small changes but big effect IMHO...

Well, that's it with Schwarzritter's Mühle. We are done - almost:

Pic 24.14

Some trains anyone?  9.gif

See you tomorrow!

Bernhard 44.gif

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

6 Comments

You're not the only one that sometimes thinks: "Well, gotta change that - later!".
- It's gonna be some good days when you're posting EACH DAY!

Share this comment

Oh my, a dream come true... Updates everyday is the way to go! Bring it on, you can be sure that I will enjoy my  "daily dose of Papa Nardo's oeuvre"!

You gave such a touch of realism in that pretty rural town. I spend several minutes staring at Pic 24.05 and Gallow Hills when I saw you mention that you had a new tree planting technique. The last train picture is a sweet bonus! As usual, another great update... But I still dont know where to get those "world famous Urland bananas"!

P/S: Can I apply for some extensions on the 14th November? I'm sure everyone here would totally agree!

Share this comment

@ImVhOzzi: Well, temporary things have the habit to live forever - at least almost  ... 
Glad you liked it! 

@TekindusT: Only four days?  Not ... seven ... days? 

@Samerton: Thanks for the compliment! 

@k50dude
: Thanks for the compliment! 

@AvantGarde: Well, given that a week has only  7 days with last only 24 hrs each and that my posting "speed" corresponds to my building "speed" you might find out how soon I would ran out of pictures ...  But then again a week full of candy is nice, isn't it? And wouldn't you loose the interest in the candy if you ate it every day? 
BTW the bananas. Concerning them you are really the exception from the rule - most ask me why I hadn't thrwon them out of my plugins ...  By incident that thread came up on SC4D with just these banana farms. According to their creator Jmyers they have been uploaded exclusively to PEG's site but PEg removed them some day so they aren't available anymore. You might however PM the Thread originator if he might sent you the installer files. 

Share this comment