• Moose
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Glendale Airport Updated (Still Need Opinions and help)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
§haÅ--Ñ€ §hÅŽo

Here is the new Glendale Airport:

updatedairport.jpg

The new airport, hows it look?

terminaln.jpg

The Terminal. I didn't make this. I found it in a pack and used it.

taxiwayapronrunwayetc.jpg

The Apron, Taxiway, Ramp, the Runaway, and some hangers. On the right are security and a Fire station in case a fire breaks

out.

controlcenter.jpg

The Control Center

longtermparkinglot.jpg

The Long Term Parking Lot

shorttermparkinglot.jpg

The Short Term Parking Lot.

So anything else wrong? I hope it's ok now. I worked hard on this. Also: Thanks to everyone who posted on the post with the first Airport. I think the new airport is better, and it's definitly because of the guys that replied on the last topic.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

4 Comments

My best advice for doing a custom airport is to find a real life satellite / bird's eye view of one and copy it using all the great puzzle pieces.  Check out my Sessquenna city journal.  I essentially just copied the Cincinnati-Kentucky International Airport and placed it in the same place on my region map of Cincinnati.

Share this comment

It looks good, but I recommend making the runways bigger, especially considering how big the terminal and taxiways are.

Share this comment

I've tried making airports for my CJ for my existing cities, but i've found that the most realistic airports take HUGE amounts of space (and no, I'm am so not exaggerating this).  If Glendale Intl is meant to be a small airport, take tigerias advice and build a small terminal, and take some concrete in the middle off to even out the grey and greens.  It would work as a fabulous airport!

However, if Glendale Airport is meant to be a very busy airport with international traffic flying through, I think it's best to erase this airport and start in another city nextdoor, preferably in a 2x2km or 4x4km city tile with lots of flat space.  Most realistic sim-airports could take up a whole entire city lot  In fact, some CJers just call their city tile after an airport.  In a sense, you could say it's not a city with an airport, it's an airport with a city!

For the runways, if it'd be a small airport, your runways are perfectly fine (have a second runway in the middle might look nice too!). If it be a large airports, I'd say long parallel runways with some runways intersecting each other would look fantastic.  This thread might give some inspiration. I think it's the #1 thread for airport ideas on this forums.  I kept it on page 2 cuz there's some excellent examples of terminal road networks.
http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=23&threadid=113989&STARTPAGE=2&FTVAR_FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Be patient and plan ahead.  Trust me, building a sim airport can be REAL logistical nightmare, but that doesn't mean it's impossible

Share this comment