Followers 0
  • Entries
  • Comments
  • Views

Update on Port Minnatonka

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
thadividedsky

Port Minnatonka has grown somewhat. There is now a CBD along with a river and a new urban neighborhood.

PortMinnatonka-Dec12081289082466.jpgThe lake to the north feeds to the south. The Minnatonka Country Club rests on the banks as well as a new residential neighborhood.

PortMinnatonka-Dec16081289082475.jpgThe river winds through the forest with expensive houses on it's banks. To the bottom right, you can see part of the interchange in the previous entry where I described the future residential expansion.

PortMinnatonka-Dec19081289082487-1.jpgThe river connects to the canal system here. The residential neighborhood ends and the new CBD is just south of here.

PortMinnatonka-Jun28091289097133.jpgThe new interchange that was built for the expansion for the new CBD and residential neighborhoods.

PortMinnatonka-Jul5091289097153.jpgBell South built a regional Headquarters in the new CBD.

PortMinnatonka-Jul9091289097165.jpgThe new CBD was designed to have a relaxing atmosphere with the massive amount of trees that were planted.

PortMinnatonka-Sep26091289097391.jpg

This is the main interchange for the new CBD.

PortMinnatonka-Jun15091289082951.jpgTowering middle class condos were built to house the new residents flocking to Port Minnatonka. You can see Maitre Park ;) during the summer.

PortMinnatonka-Dec11031288926229.jpgThis is Maitre Park during the fall, right before the new condos were built.

PortMinnatonka-Jul30031288925883.jpgSimcruise Lines has built a port just south of the new CBD and are constructing a towering resort hotel.

PortMinnatonka-Sep22091289097376.jpgA seaport and convention center were built and a new zoo was in the planning stages to be built across from the convention center.

PortMinnatonka-May28101289098155.jpgThe zoo is a very popular spot in Port Minnatonka.

PortMinnatonka-Jun17101289098221.jpgThis is a very busy section of the new CBD. The avenues goe beneath the highway in both places, but only 1 avenue has access to the highway.

PortMinnatonka-Oct25041288927435.jpgBonfires are popular on Tremont Beach  at night.

PortMinnatonka-Oct8091289097468.jpgAcross the river, the houses have been renovated and are much more expensive now.

PortMinnatonka-Oct4091289097452.jpgSome upper class condos were built and Turtle beach is a hotspot. That's it for the update on Port Minnatonka. I hope you enjoyed. Do Svidaniya.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

5 Comments

wow beautiful. I like the concept of the tunnel running under a canal and those houses look great too! :D Rail in between the highways is really an inspiration for me!

Share this comment

Thanks Tigeria. I'm glad to have inspired you. :)

The rail in the middle of the hgihway is great. In this city, I had to configure cross overs where part of the highway tunnels under the rail line. It was rather tricky at first, but with practice it becomes easy. As for the canals, I love making canals now but the current canal bridges out there don't meet my aesthetic needs. I prefer un-impeded canals, where barges won't need to stop for draw bridges and such. so I tunnel my transport under it and plant trees. :) I love tunneling, gives more options in beautifying a city.

Share this comment

I love the way you have made the distinction between urban/suburban and nature.  The way that your city seems to flow into the backyard of nature, extremely well done! one thing that I thought was a tad off, was the long streets with houses.  I'm not sure what goal you are trying to achieve, but they look a tad off (the aesthetic value) and also this somewhat increases automotive dependancy, because sims would need to walk so far for any form of public transit (based more on studies, than the laws in-game).  
NONETHELESS
very, very, very good!

Share this comment

Thanks again bwong. :D

Though it's tough to see, I have an extensive transport system in Port Minnatonka. I use the RTMT bus stop/subway plops along with parking garages. In the rowhouse section, a majority of the people on that strip of land walk to mass transit. Everyone also has access to  rail and a subway system :D Further, there is also a water taxi service connected to subway and bus, so many options for sims to pick from. As for why I have long rowhouses, I prefer the smaller buildings over towers. In certain areas the towers look great. But I want Port minnatonka to have more of a young and countryish feel. :) I'm hoping it's working. I just installed the "block maxis buildings" modd, hopefully my cities and towns will be nicer without the bland maxis buildings.

Share this comment

Hi there. Nice work you have here. I like most of the residential sections you have, but I agree the one picture has streets that are a bit long. A train skin would also add a nice touch to the rail system. 

Share this comment